SupraRon's Refreshment

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Peter: You should start a thread in the 'Tech' section so you'll get more exposure.

And to keep Ron's Build Thread clean... ;)

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
CajunKenny;1607619 said:
Hopefully just the check valve needs to be cleaned. It's a rather delicate piece. Try to clean it with just a rag. I would test it first though.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=FI&P=106

Thanks Ken. I was about to ask what I should be hearing and then went to the TSRM and saw that page.

NTRA08;1607624 said:
The IAC was clicking. Listen closely between 2:29 and 2:33. Your alternator belt looks a little loose. Other than that awesome.

Thanks for pointing it out.

CajunKenny;1607658 said:
^Yep. Now that you've pointed it out, I hear it. Good ears! :)

Yeah I can hear it too, but I'll listen for it tonight

peter551984;1607771 said:
I'm really confused... I put all on 0 and how do I put the ignition on time... I really put enough pressure of fuel on it... but they tell me that if I don't put the motor on time it wont have a spark and the inyector won't pulse... i REALLY NEED HELP

The CPS has to be inserted at the proper angle or you'll never get it to start. That was my problem. Use this article as a reference. It is very helpful and make sure you have a timing light.

CajunKenny;1607796 said:
Peter: You should start a thread in the 'Tech' section so you'll get more exposure.

And to keep Ron's Build Thread clean... ;)

And yeah Peter you will get your answer there if the article doesn't help. And as Ken says it will keep this thread clean! ;)

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
peter551984;1608412 said:
Ok that's ok but there is another thing I don't chenck engine light, when I put the switch the light doesn't go on...

That I'm not sure about. Did you search on it?

Well yesterday I really worked the engine hard. Not only did I put ~500KM on it, but did some lapping at our Annual Meet. I have some video footage that I'll post in a little while. The engine held up as far as I can tell and needless to say I'm very pleased. :D

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
That's awesome Ron! Congrats on making it to your meet. (and back ;)) I know that meet was a big push for you!

Get them vids up son!! :D

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
CajunKenny;1608594 said:
That's awesome Ron! Congrats on making it to your meet. (and back ;)) I know that meet was a big push for you!

Get them vids up son!! :D

It was awesome. Thanks Ken. It was very important and I'm so glad I was able to make it. I can go on living again! :)

Hope to have the vid up tonight. And I'll try to link other peeps vids as they show up.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
I tried to get the vid up last night, but didn't realize the limit on YT. Had to cut it down a little. Anyhow, I posted it here.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
That's an awesome vid Ron! I'd love to be able to drive on a track like that! There is nothing of the sort out my way. :(

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Thanks Ken. Yes driving really, really fast and it being legal is fun. This track was a bit of a trek for me (3 hours), but well worth it. We are fortunate enough to have 3 tracks (that I know of) within Ontario. There used to be 4, but 1 got closed down due to noise complaints. Hopefully we can go again before the season is over.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Looking good, has me impatient for winter so I can pull my 1jz and start bolting on new parts. I'm especially excited for new cams, I heard up to 40hp gains from them alone.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Beals;1615350 said:
Looking good, has me impatient for winter so I can pull my 1jz and start bolting on new parts. I'm especially excited for new cams, I heard up to 40hp gains from them alone.

Thanks. There is still so much more to do which will probably be done over the winter. I'm sure you'll be getting snow soon so you'll get to work on it. ;) I don't know how much hp gain you would get but if what you heard is true, then that's pretty good. You'll definitely getting higher revs.