supramania in Super Street mag!

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
So I'm thumbing through the May 09 issue of my leftover Super Street Subscription and in the "tech support" section a guy asks the notorious "whats better?7m 1jz 2jz?" question.. In their answer to this guys question, supramania.com is mentioned.

I thought it was pretty cool getting some recognition but hopefully it's not going to attract mass amounts of trolls..

And since they featured an Mk2 in the April issue with a 7mgt swap, maybe this will bring our cars value up! :evil2:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
JDMMA70;1297509 said:
I like our cars not being that well known less chance of them being stolen

but yet over the last few weeks im forced to see threads on stolen supras :sarcasm:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
empera;1297510 said:
but yet over the last few weeks im forced to see threads on stolen supras :sarcasm:

yeah i know but at least it doesnt happen that often. If i had a MKIV id be afriad to leave it anywhere alone.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
WhtMa71;1297500 said:
So I'm thumbing through the May 09 issue of my leftover Super Street Subscription and in the "tech support" section a guy asks the notorious "whats better?7m 1jz 2jz?" question.. In their answer to this guys question, supramania.com is mentioned.

Very cool. :)

JDMMA70;1297514 said:
empera;1297510 said:

yeah i know but at least it doesnt happen that often. If i had a MKIV id be afraid to leave it anywhere alone.

These thefts seem to come in waves. I'm not sure why it happens like this.

I just don't take the MKIV's to places like malls or movie theaters. Any place where it will sit out in a huge parking lot for hours unattended.

Supramania is one of the largest Supra sites on the web, and arguably the biggest MKIII site. I'm surprised it took them this long to notice us.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Supracentral;1297619 said:
Very cool. :)

Supramania is one of the largest Supra sites on the web, and arguably the biggest MKIII site. I'm surprised it took them this long to notice us.

And on that note I say thank you to Supracentral and the Staff for all their time and support. Compared to other sites you guys run a tight ship and deserve a thumbs up.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Hell Yea!!
Im surprised it took this long too..

Oh and I was actually surprised at their answer. The guys at SS apparently kinda know what they're talking about.

Q: I just bought a 1987 Supra Turbo with the 7mgte engine, but no transmission. I was thinking this might be a good time to upgrade the motor, however I don;t know which one would best suit my needs for a fast reliable motor, the 1jz or 2jz. I am looking for around 400-500 hp. etc..

A: The 7mgte is actually a very good engine, minus the stock headgasket. If you look back in our April issue, you'll see a black MKII Supra with a very built 7mgte. There's more than enough support to build that motor reliably. A great place to start would be checking out supraforums and www.supramania.com. But if you had the budget for a 1jz or even 2jz swap, it would be of course a newer better option. But do you really need beyond 400hp? We say just find a transmission and rebuild your engine. There's nothing like having the factory engine and not having to modify or fabricate things to make an engine fit. The money you save, you could put towards a turbo kit, and easily beat out and stock JZ.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
WhtMa71;1297689 said:
Hell Yea!!
Im surprised it took this long too..

Oh and I was actually surprised at their answer. The guys at SS apparently kinda know what they're talking about.

Q: I just bought a 1987 Supra Turbo with the 7mgte engine, but no transmission. I was thinking this might be a good time to upgrade the motor, however I don;t know which one would best suit my needs for a fast reliable motor, the 1jz or 2jz. I am looking for around 400-500 hp. etc..

A: The 7mgte is actually a very good engine, minus the stock headgasket. If you look back in our April issue, you'll see a black MKII Supra with a very built 7mgte. There's more than enough support to build that motor reliably. A great place to start would be checking out supraforums and www.supramania.com. But if you had the budget for a 1jz or even 2jz swap, it would be of course a newer better option. But do you really need beyond 400hp? We say just find a transmission and rebuild your engine. There's nothing like having the factory engine and not having to modify or fabricate things to make an engine fit. The money you save, you could put towards a turbo kit, and easily beat out and stock JZ.

...and easily beat out a stock JZ.":3d_frown::3d_frown::3d_frown:

live and learn.