SupraFest 2006...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nothing is a "secret:. We are simply trying to get details confirmed before we give info out.

It might be Dec 24 and it might be Aug 14. :evil2:

No really, be paitent and we will get back to you soon. :icon_bigg

Duane

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
nickel and dimed said:
Wow I cant believe I have never heard of this before *cough.....John....cough, cough*. I would love to come down and meets all the fellow supra owners in person. So these estimated times of Aug 18-20th are they still up in the air or set in stone.

:hsugh: you just werent listening

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I would suggest having a poll with the users here, to see what weekend is favored with like 3-4 options, of corse it would have to be a weekend where there is the Street Legal drags. The August long weeknd might get the highest turnout with most people getting the extra day off work.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
becauseican said:
I would suggest having a poll with the users here, to see what weekend is favored with like 3-4 options, of corse it would have to be a weekend where there is the Street Legal drags. The August long weeknd might get the highest turnout with most people getting the extra day off work.

Poll away, it's mid April already and I need to take the time off work to drive 1,200 km

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
We have our dates and have other people to accomodate other than us Canadians. :icon_conf

I will get back to you soon.

Edit: the reason in case people are wondering that I am not having a poll is because we only have a couple of different dates for what we have planned for this event. Hope that makes more sense.

Duane

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Either way, no dates = me and 7 other supras stay at home instead of quitting our jobs

Take it as you will

I only get so many days off and I have 3 trips to Seattle, a possible Sema trip, I want to go to japan, and go maybe for a rail tour through the mountains. So make up my mind or I will do it myself.

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Now we are starting to get into the period where my schedule is booking fast as well. I can't hold the entire summer open months in advance, folks - I need to be able to plan when to take vacation and coordinate this with the missus.

My weekends for the summer are already half booked. :(

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
For those who want an actual meet date,, I have planned my own cruise independent of this event. We will be travelling from Alberta to Vancouver Friday August 18, doing a Auto X at the Tradex on Saturday 19 and going down to WA on Sunday 20 to watch Formula D. At least 100 Japanese sports cars of all types are expected to join me. Hopefully the Suprafest will be of equal caliber upon the announcement of where and when I need to put my shoes this summer.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Take it as I will? ok then ...:nono:

I have been planning this and IF I had a date it would be mentioned. Once I get it I will post it up. You think I am just playing with you people here :icon_conf

I am after them every week. I hope to have a date very quick here.

Duane

have a nice day

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Duane, can you at least tell us what dates you are working on?, even if its not finalized then we can at least know what weekends it wont be on, so we can plan accordingly, I mean you must have it narrowed down to like 2 or 3 weekends right?.

I think if you wait too long to release a date the turn out will be low, and scince it is being held in one of the nicest cities in the world it would be a shame to not have a big turn out. Man its almost May already and there is no date yet.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
garagefujimoto said:
For those who want an actual meet date,, I have planned my own cruise independent of this event. We will be travelling from Alberta to Vancouver Friday August 18, doing a Auto X at the Tradex on Saturday 19 and going down to WA on Sunday 20 to watch Formula D. At least 100 Japanese sports cars of all types are expected to join me. Hopefully the Suprafest will be of equal caliber upon the announcement of where and when I need to put my shoes this summer.

im looking forward to this one :D suprafest... i dont know when to look forward to it yet. Id really hate to have it in my own town, and miss it because ive got other plans already. Common duane, atleast an idea.

Suprafiend

Jul 15, 2005
Van, BC
hmmm just found this thread, sorry, I don't check SupraMania much. As for your request well we're not happy either that this is taking so long. It was really hard finalizing the dates this year as we have 3 major events to book locations for so we didn't have much choice for the dates available. We're still waiting for final word on availability of the locations but we're really hoping to have word by the end of this week. As it stands, it will most likely be the August 4-6th weekend. If that falls through, the weekend after, and if that falls through, the one after that. Ideally with Vegas so much earlier this year we'd like this event sooner too. We'll post as soon as we have hard dates for the major bookings. Once again sorry for the delay, there's been some extraneous circumstances with location bookings this year with some of the associations we're dealing with.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Thanks Seamus for posting. I was beat last night after driving all day from out of town yesterday.

Duane

Hope you guys are happier now. I will call you later about more details Seamus for the event I am working on.

Randy: yes the nicest city for shoow mang :biglaugh: