Supra SCAM on Craigslist list!!! You Must read & be WARN!!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
things i've learned from this thread:

body trim was factory painted on the 91+ models
nate might be a nigerian auctioneer

:D

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
InertiaIsBoost;1448742 said:
Where does it say it been post up a year? OR how do you know how long it been post?

I used to check craigslist, vehix, and autorader regularly about that long ago and that's about the time that I first saw it.
Btw someone said that they didn't post their phone number; they did (under the picture of the for sale sign).

I wasn't aware that the trim was painted 91+ either, I haven't looked at mine for a long time lol I'll have to check that out sometime.

Edit: Yea I ran into this scam once, it was about a red '92 in san fransisco that had 100k miles and a black leather interior, everything flawless, for less than 3K. The ad referred to the car as a "1992 Supra GT". Engine bay pictures showed that it was turbod, but they never used the word. Then I emailed and the guy responded that he moved to canada, the truck (yep, he called it a truck) is still is the US, it will be shipped at his expense, and that ebay will oversee the transaction. I felt insulted, but didnt respond because i knew the message was generated by a bot or something. I still have the email somewhere, I'll post it if I find it for the lol's

Last edited:

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
lol the governor of malaysia emailed me once, he told me he has a check he wants to send to me and I can keep half if I cash it for him. I gave him my credit card number and social security number. He was such a nice guy and seemed so honest. Although Im still waiting for him to put half of the 18million into my account. hahahaha, I wonder if I still have his email, and the reply I sent to him telling him to make the check out to deez nuts

haha. The worst thing to do nowadays is look for a place to rent in san diego on craigslist. "If you send me the money, I will send you the keys, I have them here with me in nigeria because my father is sick and I had to rush to his aid."

InertiaIsBoost

Dec 29, 2008
Sacramento
livinasask8er;1448845 said:
I used to check craigslist, vehix, and autorader regularly about that long ago and that's about the time that I first saw it.
Btw someone said that they didn't post their phone number; they did (under the picture of the for sale sign).

I wasn't aware that the trim was painted 91+ either, I haven't looked at mine for a long time lol I'll have to check that out sometime.

Edit: Yea I ran into this scam once, it was about a red '92 in san fransisco that had 100k miles and a black leather interior, everything flawless, for less than 3K. The ad referred to the car as a "1992 Supra GT". Engine bay pictures showed that it was turbod, but they never used the word. Then I emailed and the guy responded that he moved to canada, the truck (yep, he called it a truck) is still is the US, it will be shipped at his expense, and that ebay will oversee the transaction. I felt insulted, but didnt respond because i knew the message was generated by a bot or something. I still have the email somewhere, I'll post it if I find it for the lol's
Hey 90+ Are also Trim painted too, My brother use to own a 1990 turbo supra and the trim was painted. There are some 1990 supra out there that isn't painted as well. In the end thanks for sharing your story. All of us need to learn from one another.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
LOL. Wait, who would want to scam someone on a MKIII? Chances are the scammers are going to get lowballed to shit and just give up.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Poodles;1448737 said:
Yes they did for 91+

nope, only white packages got painted trim, and I believe mahogany pearl in 89..

even 91+ trim is NOT painted, but color matched better to the body, but the rubber part is transparent and the rest is plastic....

Tajabaho1

Aug 1, 2009
Socal
don't listen to razoe, he doesn't know anything about supras, it's not like he has 3 of them or anything

btw: yea, mk3 supras are probably one of the worst targets to scam ANYTHING on

especially parts, you'll just get millions of emails saying stuff like "75$ shipped" "if I pay cash, can you knock 50$ off (a 100$ item)" "can you do (50% of the price) off?" "I'll take 3 of them for the price of 1" "can I do payments?" "can you hold the item for me while I get some money and try to buy it off you for 40% of the price?" etc etc

ahh, I love the mk3 community

sprouts.

Sep 17, 2009
newington
ya i was looking at this and messaged her to buy it then she started with the crap she said to everyone else. she also has a posting exactly like that for a 93 rx7 twin turbo fd.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
omg my dad just showed me an ad on craigslist earlier today for an 08 accord with 44k miles going for $10300. I asked him how much does kbb put the car at: $18k. Then he said that it was email only and she hasn't responded and I told him "remember that one supra (the one that I told you guys about) that was half priced?. The accord's probably in canada too". He got a reply back an hour ago: it's in canada and ebay is overseeing the transaction. Bitch. Or asshole, who knows who's running this/these.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
lewis15498;1448697 said:
Saw this same ad in the boston area. And last time i checked there were no mountains in texas. always look at the background/scenery. I see cars on the boston clist all the time with palm trees in the background. :nono: The second I hear shipping company, I'm done. Unfortunately she already got your name and email, so your prolly gonna get a bunch of spam now.:icon_frow

Ever been to El Paso
http://tinyurl.com/y8u9e2c