SUPRA CLUB in Mobile

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
They can't accuire enough real estate to give the faster cars enough stopping distance for that extra 60 feet. They have a hard time now as it is. Somebody needs to build a 1/4 track around here, or at least a full 1/8.

Yes, REIGN, you were on my mind as I typed my last post about not needing your car to make the event this week. I know it's a long trip to make for ya without your Supra

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Dude, if my car was done, I would gladly make the trip and smack around a few of those 14 second cars, lol... I mean, if their baddest dog is an 11 sec stang, I'd take some money from him, know what I mean? lol...

But yeah, as far as Mobile, alot of people dont know its 60 feet short, and they come to Holt *Emerald Coast Dragway* and they are like, In Mobile I was faster! No, in Mobile, you were shorter... What? Huh? Uh Uhnn!

Yeah, Holt has been talking for the last couple years about going full quarter! They have already bought and cleared the land, they just are working out the permits, etc... Its RIGHT on an I-10 over pass, so making an on/off ramp would be no hassle... If they made a quarter mile track, they would get SO much more business and NHRA, IHRA, NIRA type track events... We have the cars in this area to support it... And being right on I-10, cats from Mobile to Panama City Beach and all over would be able to get here quick and easy... We'll see, maybe they can do it this winter, if the beaurocrats will let them...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Not really familiar with Holt. I used to come to the Ft.Walton area evreyday, but don't remember Holt (just wasn't going there, not paying attention). Is that what used to be exit 11, between 10/Navarre and 12/Crestview-Niceville? Maybe I'm wrong on those exits a little, been 6 years.

Maybe he was just talking about the street vehicles, I can't imagine 11/sec stang being the fastest car there

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Holt is just north of I-10, between P'cola and Crestview...

11sec stang is fast... I wouldnt put money on racing a full blown race car, YET... :D

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, like I've said before, the car WILL be a 9-10 second car... However, the driver may not be... lol... I dont see any reason why an 800hp MKIII cant pull low 10s... But I dunno if my balls are big enough, lol...

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
ForcedTorque said:
What are the hours at the Gulfport track on a Friday

Did you talk to the other Supra, and let him know about next week? Is he on the boards anywhere?

Maybe he was just talking about the street vehicles, I can't imagine 11/sec stang being the fastest car there

iirc- I was told they open 4pm-ish on a friday. They stay open late. (I was also told that if we start early, its like having the track to yourself.) I am gonna call today & get the official info.

The other supra was a 89+ white targa on sawblades. dude was drivin around the place too much, never even seen my carbon-copy clone. I mean- Imma honkin & even flashed the lights- dude was oblivious. I betcha he'll notice some supes this week.

11 sec stang was a street car. I didnt see any race cars do a pass. mainly cars from scrapin the coast.

lol-
my wife is pretty pissed. She thinks I wanna "raice" any old junker and blow up my 7m.

uhuh- all I wanna do is kill a stang or 2, or 3...
oh yeah- and get my baseline passes.

after bracing, then SD/maftpro... wife may wanna worry then.

theres no use worrying about my infant but bulletproof 7m on stock electronics.

If I could only get my hands on a elbow or downpipe and some SAFC-II for the weekend.
wooohoooooo-pssssssst!

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
hahaha i remember the goose. took it home ended up taking it to the envirometal center but not before earning some points by showing it off to some of my girfriends. man that duck was good followed us around and everything quacked and let them feed it. it was great:naughty: :biglaugh: haha. glad to see the gulfport meet was a success for the most part why was the track so bad and i've got another member for sure in our "group" he's got a 5er white 89 N/A names david. hey scott so i guess your the unofficial leader ay? and no one saw that video :nono: alright it doesn't exist. :biglaugh:

wyldcdn

May 27, 2006
'bama
went to Irvington this friday night
saw two of you. forced torque, and the black MKIII (missed his name) Couldn't find you to say hey. Next time search you down alittle harder. How were your runs?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
wyldcdn said:
went to Irvington this friday night
saw two of you. forced torque, and the black MKIII (missed his name) Couldn't find you to say hey. Next time search you down alittle harder. How were your runs?

Where is Irvington at? I live just north of Birmingham. Is their another track here that I don't know about? I would like to come race with you guys if it's within an hour or so. Hope to meet up with some other supra owners soon...........lol

wyldcdn

May 27, 2006
'bama
glad two of you made it, next time we'll have to find each other in the pits. Theres a black sentra se-r spev V out there with AL tag. Thats another supra owner. Hopefully hes screwed together soon

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Irvington is just south of Mobile. It set up as an 1/8 mile track, but it is 60 feet short of that. You get a time slip that has a time you ran at the track, and a projected time for the 1/8. Ya, it sucks, but thats what we have. They can't acquire any more land to even have a safe stopping distance for the faster cars, let alone extend it to the full 1/8.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
There is a Supra owner in Pensacola (on SF) that posted they wanted to meet some alabama people. I suggested we do it at the Atmore 1/8 mile track. It's about 50-60 miles from everyone in MObile and the panhandle of Florida, and about 100 for you Montgomery folks (I just rolled through Montgomery twice yesterday)

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
ForcedTorque said:
Is our Mobile club fizzling?

fizzle to da hizzle my nizzle
haha!

goin to da track friday huh? I believe its time for redemption.

I jus got my supe to stop hesitating
If I could only get the cooling system right-

lets link on friday. I need ya to call me