• S15 Daimyo

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
i know these won't look good with oem supra wheels like 3/4 of the supra world likes but jesus christ :nono:

this is going to be done with full front bumper, rear bumper, and sides.

front and rear wide fenders are also in the plan. We are also going to possibly make a new hood (daimyo style). I also plan on taking the oem wing I have (1-piece), raise it, and give it a bit more of an angle...and than creating replica's.

valge...80's cars are 80's cars. We are obviously going to mold these so they fit properly...but in the end 80's sports cars have all very similar lines.

Last edited:

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
kjj512;1309233 said:
God you all have no imagination. All of you hate body kits because there has never been anything decent readily available. This topic has been beaten to death on here. Someones trying to make something sweet for our cars for once stop trying to put him down.

Leigh, I think as long as you can get it to flow with the body it will look awesome. Are you planning on trying to get front/rear fenders made too? I know Wiisass and I would be interested in those and possibly other stuff after a season or two on the track. I look forward to seeing progress on this.

I would also definitely be interested in a knock off godfather kit.

+1 lol/ glad to see there is atleast on other lover of the godfather. but i do have to admit one of the reasons i want it is because its rare and unique and hard to get. but i wouldn't care if a few others had it. because it would be my car with my color and i would make it unique in my own way. i also really like it because the front bumper is one piece instead of bumper and nose piece. id like to see the godfather kit with a a-duct molded in and maybe some openings where our grilles are on the 89 and up cars.

this thread isnt for everybody that hates body kits to come in here and hate on what this guy is trying to do. hes asking which ones we like and which ones would go with our cars. its ok if you dont personally like body kits but have some vision and imagination and picture which one would work the best. dont come in here and dump on the thread just because you dont like body kits. i love the way our cars look stock. but i'd like to see some other options. the whole reason of modifying a car is to make it an expression of yourself, of what you like and think it should be. and if you think that all it needs is lowered and a new lip then thats great. for you. but some of us like body kits. and thats how we want to express ourselves. everyone has their own tastes. no need to hate on someone because their tastes aren't the same as yours. sorry for the essay lol. not trying to piss everyone off either. just expressing myself lol.

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
^^^generally supra owners have very poor taste. That's why the rest of the automotive community shit's on the mkiii community (and why you have 500 hp builds w/ shit suspension, hahahaha) :nono:. I see a lot of potential in these cars, and I'm set out to change how everyone thinks about mkiii's.

p.s. The godfather kit is terribly ugly imo

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
89TBen;1309211 said:
i like the first 2. but i would also like to see the godfather body kit replicated. just my personal oppinion but i love the godfather kit. i've noticed you either love it or hate it.

I have one of the replicas that was imported here... I can supply it for making plug.

I think the god father kit and the zeek are the only two that follow the natural lines of the car and dont look out of place.

IMO I dont think that supra owners have poor taste. I think the automotive community is charging entirely to much money for junk parts that look retarded. That and the fact that most of our cars are owned by old people that dont care about performance or young kids that have no money. Once a Supra mk3 OWNER ALWAYS A SUPRA OWNER!!!!

Toyota made a great design and our cars look great just lowered with a front lower lip.

Im happy to be in a community that has the brains not to drive civic look a likes with a big can and wing and pretend they are hot shit.

You want to make something good for the supra take a note from this guy.. =)
http://www.echowavepro.com/Supraphotos/sig2.jpg
http://www.supramania.com/forums/member.php?u=2983
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83198

Last edited:

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
2JZ_MA70;1309450 said:
I have one of the replicas that was imported here... I can supply it for making plug.

I think the god father kit and the zeek are the only two that follow the natural lines of the car and dont look out of place.

IMO I dont think that supra owners have poor taste. I think the automotive community is charging entirely to much money for junk parts that look retarded. That and the fact that most of our cars are owned by old people that dont care about performance or young kids that have no money. Once a Supra mk3 OWNER ALWAYS A SUPRA OWNER!!!!

Toyota made a great design and our cars look great just lowered with a front lower lip.

Im happy to be in a community that has the brains not to drive civic look a likes with a big can and wing and pretend they are hot shit.

You want to make something good for the supra take a note from this guy.. =)
http://www.echowavepro.com/Supraphotos/sig2.jpg
http://www.supramania.com/forums/member.php?u=2983
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83198

yea TEK's car is beautiful. i wish i had the time, money, paitience, and the people to make my car like that. of course mine would differ some. it would be my own version. he did it right tho. cuz he did it exactly how he wanted it.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
The Msports one is bad ass looking. Make it fit an mk3 and be a good quality kit, and ill buy it.

But if your going to start fabbing up more body kits and aero stuff. Make us a rear diffuser. Guarantee it will sell.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I'd like to see the Regulus front and rear bumpers replicated, but those parts are too damned hard to find...

pics front and rear:
p1309599_1.jpg

p1309599_2.jpg

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I think the back of the third one is nice, maybe the front of the third one to match. That's if I had to choose a set. The 213 dmax type one (3rd) is nice from the back. More photoshops would help.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
More lips. Definately more pre-89 lips. Nice flowing and good fitting fender flares would be good too. None of those body kits really look that great, but if I had to pick one, it would be this one with enough room at the top to retain the crash bar (I don't have a death wish for my car.):

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Collin

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
kwnate;1309494 said:
Just copy the bomex stuff. Theres at least 3 cars in california that don't have the bomex kit yet.

Actually there's T70 1jz's burgandy bomex, Reaper of SCS's flat black bomex, and Mike Urbano's old white bomex currently owned by Jag IIRC.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
got_boosted;1309690 said:
More lips. Definately more pre-89 lips.

Definitely something to keep in mind. There are tons of guys out there that love the look of the 89+ front end, but there are also those of us (myself included) that prefer the the pre-89's. The downside is that we seem to be the minority, and the selection of front lips for pre-89 cars is VERY limited. If you came up with a good-looking design that fit the older mk3's, I know I'd buy one straight off.

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
Vote is for S14 Zenki D-max type 1 front. Big fan of the large intercooler FB's just because of the added cooling factor. Keep it simple and certainly they don't need to touch the ground...mk3 supra owners cars are driven more then they are taken to shows!

Also a fan of the Godfather kits, although the front bumper's a bit extreme, I think it does the car justice...I know many will disagree. I probably wouldn't put it on my car though, a little to "F&F" looking IMO.

The M-sport could also look good...and like many others have said, they are all a bit similar which I like, big intercooler opening FTW.

The whole regulus rear(Spoiler, Bumber...with or without tail light covers) is PERFECTION. Second to that is the Kaminari rear...both add to the car without taking anything away. I'd buy a regulus knock-off rear in a heartbeat FYI but will probably settle for the Kaminari rear.

+1 to 89TBen's post #22.

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
wow you guys are impossible to work with....

The original poster, just do your thing dude, I would personally really like to see the Supra branch out into some other forms of racing (ie. drifting, etc) and, unfortunately to some people's minds, a good bodykit is greatly associated with this.

To everybody who is just replying with stuff like "why are you trying make body kits? I hate body kits" and "just make a replica of this other-already-existing-kit", that is Not what this thread is for. you're ruining it. If you don't want one of these, then don't say shit. This is something to help expand the community and the reach of these cars; there is nothing wrong with that.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I like the s13 D-max. Some wide front fenders that still flow with the original lines would be nice. But I honestly don't like the rear bumper on any of those.