Stupid Misfiring, Venom Injectors, AFM codes?

:: angry ::
I am driving and the car stops accelerating just before it hits 1PSI of boost.

Runs rich, wont exceed 3500rpm, backfires, cuts fuel without CEL blinking.
Boost no longer runs because the engine will not exceed 3500 RPMS
Is this fuel Cut, Is the ECU freaking out? recognizing something with the Injectors or something?!
Code 31 34 21

24 Intake air Temp Sensor Signal
Diagnosis
Open or short circuit in intake air temp sensor signal (THA).
Trouble Area
Intake air temp sensor circuit
Intake air temp sensor
ECU

31 Air Flow Meter Signal
Diagnosis
(7M-GTE) Open or short circuit in air flow meter signal.
Trouble Area
Air flow meter circuit
Air flow meter
ECU

34: Some other AFM shit

So basically, I want someone to look at my car, it idles! But it sure ain't running. I cannot figure this one out.

Lexus AFM should be working as i plugged in my electrical unit from the stock 7mgte AFM into the lexus afm housing.

Car was running fine for 20 minutes. I shut her down, turned her back on and she died. took her for a drive, she wont go above 3500rpm.

02 sensor plugged in. Could it be simple as spark plugs?

call or text 253 459 9253

1987 Toyota Supra Auto Transmission A340E + 7MGTE w/ Aftermarket turbo
Rebuilt internals 9K on engine rebuild.
3" Intercooler Pipes + Intercooler
HKS HeadGasket
ARP headstuds 90lbs ft/lbs torqued
Walbro fuel pump
550cc inj
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Lexus Air Flow Meter + K&N
GT35R to4 TURBO
Fabricated oil fittings and lines
External Wastegate
Manual Boost Controller
UEGO wideband
SAFC

Last edited:
It is misfiring around 3500 RPMs only when driving, when idling and revving, the engine carries through but blows black smoke like one other... No boost leaks. This makes no sense.

I wired an safc, and cut the wire KS in the ecu. The car ran like crap before I began wiring. I really need a Toyota mechanic to check it out.

The codes are 24 31 34.

Does it matter the order of which wiring harness clips attach to the 550cc fuel injectors? The computer throws a new code every day I start it. I cant tell what is resulting from?

UGH I need help...

Smartparts

Dec 14, 2010
CT
spainobain1234;1886734 said:
Does it matter the order of which wiring harness clips attach to the 550cc fuel injectors?

UGH I need help...

Yes, it matters. Just like it matters which spark plug wires you attach

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
spainobain1234;1886734 said:
It is misfiring around 3500 RPMs only when driving, when idling and revving, the engine carries through but blows black smoke like one other... No boost leaks. This makes no sense.

I wired an safc, and cut the wire KS in the ecu. The car ran like crap before I began wiring. I really need a Toyota mechanic to check it out.

The codes are 24 31 34.

Does it matter the order of which wiring harness clips attach to the 550cc fuel injectors? The computer throws a new code every day I start it. I cant tell what is resulting from?

UGH I need help...

Wait, the car ran like crap BEFORE you started wiring extra stuff in?

How much for your gt35 when you blow the engine? :D

Okay so to me... the stupid owner, my car runs great. It was the venom injectors, the 02 sensor from the stock 25 year old ct26 blowing oil through the downpipe, and also wastegate stuck shut when at first it was stuck open. the atmosphere blow off valve plumbed back into the intake helps. gotta love at home mechanics. New learner here, 1 year of supra experience...
Anyway, this forum sucks balls

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
spainobain1234;1919499 said:
Okay so to me... the stupid owner, my car runs great. It was the venom injectors, the 02 sensor from the stock 25 year old ct26 blowing oil through the downpipe, and also wastegate stuck shut when at first it was stuck open. the atmosphere blow off valve plumbed back into the intake helps. gotta love at home mechanics. New learner here, 1 year of supra experience...
Anyway, this forum sucks balls
But none of us are STUPID enough to use Venom Injectors....

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
spainobain1234;1919499 said:
this forum sucks balls

I know what you mean, sometimes you don't need to be shit on when your already stressed from a nonrunning car. maybe some people around here can lighten up a bit when people ask for help. not everyone has been working on cars for 20 years/proper training etc.

regarding the venom injectors, it's not a widely known problem from what I gather, unless you happen to see the sticky on one of the forums.