Stretch's Digidash thread

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Just want to let you guys know, I have become interrested in the cluster again, and I've done more work on it. The fiberglass is setting now, so once I get my camera back this weekend I will take some pics for you guys and get this thread back and operational!

I will finish this cluster soon, it's not just gona sit around for another 8 months trust me ;)
Stay tuned for the pics after this weekend!:icon_bigg
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
***************UPDATE UPDATE OMGWTFBBQ*******************

Hey all. Sorry I did not deliver my update Sunday as promised, but to be fair, I have been doing fiberglass work pretty much every night since then so the update pics are much better because of it ;)

p416624_1.jpg

Here's a side profile showing the areas I did the glass work on most recently to close up the remaning holes between the 3 pieces.

p416624_2.jpg

The whole back view showing that long part I made comopletely from fiberglass and acrylic. It turned out pretty good.

p416624_3.jpg

Close-up of the long part. This thign was really tought to build, and although it's not perfect it's good enough so when done you won't really notice anything anyway since it'll be hidden.

p416624_4.jpg

All of the electronics inside the real cluster casing! Yes gentlemen, this is what you would have seen had they made a North American digicluster. Brings a tear to my eye... :icon_razz

p416624_5.jpg

Close-up of left side with electronics. I still have to cut out that box thing in the left corner. It was a warning light for something, i forget what. I could actually leave it there tho since it isn't in the way or anything...

p416624_6.jpg

La piece de resistance. This is the part which really makes it either LHD or RHD. I'm so glad it's almost done hehehee

p416624_7.jpg

Couldn't forget a pic of my new shirt. Thanks TTL! I love the green, and the supra logo on the front breast is perfect!

p416624_8.jpg

Just incase no one remembers what this is gona look like soon enough. RHD digi dash, in all it's glory! I estimate being able to show a similar pic within 2 months hopefully. I would prefer less time ofcourse :naughty:

One problem i ran into during the fitment of my cluster in my mock-up dash, thanks xrated89, is that it's deeper than the regular LHD cluster now, so it interfers with the plastic structure behind the cluster. I will simply have to trim a bit of it and then my cluster will fit fine, so don't worry everyone, it's basically drop-in, just a small trim job and you're good to go.

Stay interrested guys! It's happenning again finally :icon_bigg
eric

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
mmmm guess what i'm getting a hold for fs soon ;) complete conversion stuff (speedo cable, fuel sender, cluster, cluster harness plugs, speed sensor) has a 5+ boost gauge vs 3.5 on the 7m, also a magnificent 9 GRAND tach!!! lol

and stretch: looking awesome man!! :D

suprra_girl said:
mmmm guess what i'm getting a hold for fs soon ;) complete conversion stuff (speedo cable, fuel sender, cluster, cluster harness plugs, speed sensor) has a 5+ boost gauge vs 3.5 on the 7m, also a magnificent 9 GRAND tach!!! lol

and stretch: looking awesome man!! :D

5+ boost gauge vs 3.5 on the 7m

Hi Suze
must have
how can I reach this also?

-----
Knight Rider:
First working digital cluster on LHD

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I found out that I'm gona have to cut the long side open like a tin can to make it a bit deeper. Right now, the board sits way higher than all of the other ones, which won't look good at all. It's not a big deal, but it does frustate me, since I'll have to re-fiberglass around to make it solid again, basically redoing what I'm about to cut through :icon_conf
Ah well, this cluster hasn't helped me in any way yet, so why start now eh :icon_razz
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I'm leaving in 3 hours to go wait in line for a ps3 geeze! Hehe, you're the only person on here that even knows about that car. Except for xrated89, the guy who lives in Kingston. I'll deffinitely be putting this into that car if i buy it. As long as I can get some wiring issues worked out. Right now, I'm not sure weither or not to use the whole RHD dash harness i have, or try and make some sort of field harness to connect it into a stock LHD dash harness. Obviously a field harness would be best, but I just don't know if the signals would be compatible at all. Plus, I don't have a wiring pinout for the lhd and rhd dash harnesses...
eric

Some guys in Germany are also interested, to modify for their own lefthanddrive MKIII the Digital Dashboard.

We just talk about the maximum speed indication.

One guy says, that the digi dash do not display more than 180 km/h. Even if you drive faster.
So I have tested it tonight.

Result:
At 4,000 rpm = 165 km/h
at 4,400 rpm = 180 km/h
4,400 to 5,000 rpm = no change of the display.
It shows unchanged 180 km/h. But it should show almost 200 km/h at 5,000 rpm.

suprra_girl, is this true?
Is this so also at your digi dashes?

bondie

Pisshead
Aug 26, 2005
UK
suprra_girl said:
yeps so i have heard, i myself have not gone to 180 in mine yet but the display will not alter past 180

Just buy a digital speed convertor K's to Miles, usually available on ebay.UK :icon_bigg

Speed convertor

Last edited: