Stretch's Digidash thread

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Well, that little quirk about the wiring harness is something I'll have to work out I guess Suze ahaha. I can always swap electronics within my cluster shell to 7m ones or w/e the harness wants. THANKS for finally finding that kmh to mph conversion! The legend is true ahahaa! I;m sure there are many relieved americans knowing they can possibly read it in miles not km.
eric

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
awsome conversion...looks sweet! props on the tems flipping...that's a lot of wires and looks like a lot of work and patience to get it right. I am considering becoming an electronic engineer...

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for all the interrest guys. It trully will be worth it in the end. I do plan on pursuing the interrest by hopefully selling a couple. It would all depend on the local company's ability to make a mould, or copies of my cluster parts, aswell as the tems board problem. I'll probably have circuit boards made for future dashes which would do all the wire-flipping on the board, instead of running hundreds of wires, it would not only be slimmer, but easier, and less fragile. I want to thank my dad for doing the tems board flippage for me, all of you need patience like this man. He loves what he does. I'll be testing the new board on Sunday with the whole system, I'll take a pic or 2, then begin fitting it into the cluster making enough backspacing etc... Then fiberglass the cluster, and hopefully it'll be fine. Take it over to the company, inwuire about moulds etc... that's alll a ways away for now.
eric

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
yes you tried repeatedly otherwise known as harassment
but good to know you will have your fuel sender i know he is looking after you ;)

eric: lemme know when the stuff turns up :) make sure it's ok and in one piece and hopefully the sender didn't break or bend lol

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i can see the feasability of everything in making several to sell to supra owners, except one thing...

how are you going to get multiple gauges? the way i see it they seem hard to find and toyota probably doesnt make them. maybe they have leftovers in storage somewhere but its stil going to cost a lot probably... are they easy to find on imported half cuts or what?

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Getting more RHD clusters is no problem as many 1jz clips come with one and the buyer keeps it cuz it's COOL but I can buy them easy. Plus i could just get Lenny to help me out, it's no big deal guys. Like I sid, When i finish the rear casing I'll take it over to the plastics shop and see if they can make good copies, which would not only be stronger as they would be one piece, but it would allow me to make more and sell them to all of you so we can all rejoice and love our digitals.
Next update Sunday night after I test my dad's swapped board. Pics of the test will be there too!
eric

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
nice...makes me want to buy a 1jz clip... then i send it to you and get it converted....i'll have a nice engine and a rather unique dash.

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
****UPDATE****

Just a small one, as I promised I went over and tested the reconfigured board with my dad tonight, and it worked, much to his relief ahahaa! So here's just some cool pics of digi bits being tested, nothing exciting really, but I find it all exciting so w/e.

Whole setup wide
p239803_1.jpg

Close-up of whole. All 3 boards light up, you only see the new one far left, and the small one as the main coolest one is flipped for easy pin connection.
p239803_2.jpg

Close-up of the new board.
p239803_3.jpg

Now that I have this board back, I can build the right side of the cluster, positionning this board properly into it and then fiberglassing it tight. I have to extend those 3 groups of wires coming off of it as it now resides on the other side of the main board, so the wires are mega short. I hate fiberglass work, as it stinks and is just difficult, but I'll probably do some this week, as I have mon-wed off. I'll update when I get somewhere cool. Especially when my box-o-digiparts arrives from Suze!
eric