stock dyno numbers

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
I was just wondering what your stock 7mgte dyno numbers. I had my mk3 on the dyno the other day 230 hp 340 tq. Its competly stock expect for a 3" exhaust. Is this what you guys are around?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Dear jesus, talk about torque. Was that through an auto or 5 speed?

My buddy with an 88 Turbo Auto put down 240HP 300TQ and he was with a Megan 3" Turbo-back and Turbosmart MBC @ 13PSI on a 1300KM (approx. 850 miles) stock rebuilt 7M with a head port.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Bulkierzero;1882345 said:
I was just wondering what your stock 7mgte dyno numbers. I had my mk3 on the dyno the other day 230 hp 340 tq. Its competly stock expect for a 3" exhaust. Is this what you guys are around?
Well, no.

An auto with lower "boost" will likely be around 170 rwhp (K&N dynojet test was 174 with a 5 speed). A little more boost from the wastegate actuator can make it climb to 190 or even 200 rwhp. Torque will also be less than rated flywheel, not 100 lbs over.

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
It has metal head gasket and je pistons, was rebuilt has now around 70k with act 6 puck to insure proper burnt rubber. Dont think rasing the compression that little would cause these numbers

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Bulkierzero;1882345 said:

Bulkierzero;1882421 said:
It has metal head gasket and je pistons, was rebuilt has now around 70k with act 6 puck to insure proper burnt rubber. Dont think rasing the compression that little would cause these numbers

Not exactly stock now is it.. You're running 'stock' so what is your PSI etc etc? Any hardpipes? Anything else you forgot to include?

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
IndigoMKII;1882445 said:
Not exactly stock now is it.. You're running 'stock' so what is your PSI etc etc? Any hardpipes? Anything else you forgot to include?

Besides that im running 7-8 psi everything else stock

505turboman

Jul 14, 2009
Albuequerque, NM
HMNGSupraMKIII;1882451 said:
Lol stock with je pistons and mhg

^^
Hahaha I know right!! Not stock putting down better numbers.

It is nice to know a good rebuild on a 7mgte with 3" pipe @ stock boost putting those numbers down is pretty damn good if you ask me

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
They probably accidentally dyno'd your car in 3rd gear. They should have used 4th gear.

I know this because I dyno'd my supra in 3rd because of my JDM ecu speed cut kicking in it at ~6K in 4th gear, and it made my torque 500 something. I had to unplug the speed sensor wire from the ECU to dyno in 4th then, and got 383 ft-lbs, which is accurate.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
That's very high output. The general rule of thumb for hp at the wheels is anything from 20 to 40 per cent reduction (i know 40% sounds steep but it happens frequently in the case of awd cars)from published hp rating based on the industry practice of reporting flywheel horsepower in a car's technical data. In essence, by the time your hp works to move your tranny, your driveshaft, your diff and your wheels, it is substantially cut down from where it was at the crank. If you are seeing wheel power exactly where the published fwhp was when new, I'd say you've either got some more mods at work or the owner of that dyno needs to calibrate it. ;)

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
destrux;1882470 said:
They probably accidentally dyno'd your car in 3rd gear. They should have used 4th gear.

I know this because I dyno'd my supra in 3rd because of my JDM ecu speed cut kicking in it at ~6K in 4th gear, and it made my torque 500 something. I had to unplug the speed sensor wire from the ECU to dyno in 4th then, and got 383 ft-lbs, which is accurate.

Well technically if they dyno'd the car in 3rd, it would make less power on the charts than what it really makes. The more load the better and 4th will be closer to a true 1:1 ratio.

That is peculiar however. I know dyno's can spike pretty hard depending. What kind of dyno was this performed on?

OP, torque number is huge. Do you have a graph of this pull?

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
Notsafe1jz;1882479 said:
Well technically if they dyno'd the car in 3rd, it would make less power on the charts than what it really makes. The more load the better and 4th will be closer to a true 1:1 ratio.

That is peculiar however. I know dyno's can spike pretty hard depending. What kind of dyno was this performed on?

OP, torque number is huge. Do you have a graph of this pull?

it was done in 3rd gear and it was on a mustang dyno

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
iruyle;1882471 said:
That's very high output. The general rule of thumb for hp at the wheels is anything from 20 to 40 per cent reduction (i know 40% sounds steep but it happens frequently in the case of awd cars)from published hp rating based on the industry practice of reporting flywheel horsepower in a car's technical data. In essence, by the time your hp works to move your tranny, your driveshaft, your diff and your wheels, it is substantially cut down from where it was at the crank. If you are seeing wheel power exactly where the published fwhp was when new, I'd say you've either got some more mods at work or the owner of that dyno needs to calibrate it. ;)

Not true, many GM cars were 'underrated' from the factory and 20-40% reduction? Most manual cars retain as much as 7% drivetrain loss whereas autos are closer to 20%.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
IndigoMKII;1882498 said:
Not true, many GM cars were 'underrated' from the factory and 20-40% reduction? Most manual cars retain as much as 7% drivetrain loss whereas autos are closer to 20%.

The obligatory exception post.. As I said, general rule. And before anyone else jumps on that, it's obviously not referring to modded cars as a 1000hp car wouldn't suddenly require 200hp just to turn the wheels. Stock cars based on stock performance data. And again, the all wheel drive cars are the ones that suffer the most loss for obvious reason. My point was to illustrate how remarkable it would be that a car rated at 232 hp as new would put out 232 at the wheels stock equipped.