Starting up club (NC Supra's)

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
kamikazemkiii;1564439 said:
I think going to the dyno is a great idea! although i wouldn't really want to go to phantasm.. Theirs a place close north of Raleigh that could probably do it its called DG performance and I've heard good things about them. Either ways we need to get a new date in discussion guys all this saying Im in isn't cutting it, we need your opinions guys to make this happen!

On supraforums some guys have been talking about meeting up at Frankies on 70 and 540

thanks

I am down for that! Im about to move though, not to mention just bought this car, so funds will be tight for a while. So might not get to dyno but Id def like to watch, guess it depends on how much it will cost.

I love Frankies. Esp that drift track that they have. I came in dead last but I cant even put into words how much fun I had getting that go cart sideways lol

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
Hey guys. Does anyone have an old kinda shitty set of tires within 40 miles of Greensboro. I'll only need two and I won't need them till I finish my top end rebuild, However i want to celebrate by roasting down some old tires and sparing my r compounds which dont burn very well anyway. P.S. With that in mind the harder the tire the better. I'll pay you adequately

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
stolensupra;1569355 said:
Hey guys. Does anyone have an old kinda shitty set of tires within 40 miles of Greensboro. I'll only need two and I won't need them till I finish my top end rebuild, However i want to celebrate by roasting down some old tires and sparing my r compounds which dont burn very well anyway. P.S. With that in mind the harder the tire the better. I'll pay you adequately

Your results will be much better in the wtb section. This side is more for trying to figure out how we all can coincidentally meet in the same general area on the same time and day. which requires magic pixie dust of some kind.

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
Yea I get that. I'm a regular on this forum as of the last 6 months. I don't wanna pay shipping and on some old shitty tires, who would. I want to find some local that I can pay like 20-50 bucks for and pick up. I'm not gonna break the bank to go screw around.

Last edited:

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
Tried Craig'slist the problem with that is that I don't think many people would think someone would want seemingly useless tires and therefore not post them. I just figured I'd check and see. I see a few supra's in Greensboro and the surrounding areas from time to time. Figured someone had a junk set of two almost bald that fit the sawblades.

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
Sorry fellow NC Supraists I didn't mean to jack this thread all up. I know the main issue here is us getting together as much as possible. When my top end rebuild is done I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you all. BTW just wondering if the black dude in the white supra in Greensboro who drops his girlfriend off at that Chinese? restaurant on dolly madison rd is on here or if the girl in the black non turbo that I always see on Spring Garden is on here?

I think the simple fact of the matter is that everyone's car is down quite frequently for something or other. It's also quite a problem when trying to organize meets haha. I'm all up for some meets but there don't seem to be that many people who can/want to go.

Stolensupra what tire size do you need?

levirolla

May 2, 2008
Winston-Salem
stolensupra;1570717 said:
Sorry fellow NC Supraists I didn't mean to jack this thread all up. I know the main issue here is us getting together as much as possible. When my top end rebuild is done I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you all. BTW just wondering if the black dude in the white supra in Greensboro who drops his girlfriend off at that Chinese? restaurant on dolly madison rd is on here or if the girl in the black non turbo that I always see on Spring Garden is on here?

I know the black guy that drives the white supra, he isn't on here, and I've seen the lady driving the black supra, its pretty clean most of the time. Then me with the red supra, but no one ever sees me even though I DD the car all day around G'boro

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
The black guy was parked at my apt complex clubhouse the other day. Dont know why. I probably would have investigated had I not been in a hurry. I tried to get the girl's attention one day when i was beside her on spring garden but for some reason she was only driving like 10 mph in a 35

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

levirolla;1574148 said:
I know the black guy that drives the white supra, he isn't on here, and I've seen the lady driving the black supra, its pretty clean most of the time. Then me with the red supra, but no one ever sees me even though I DD the car all day around G'boro

Are you usually on the east or west side?

levirolla

May 2, 2008
Winston-Salem
Oh that lady is good for that. I ran up on here on Battleground and High point rd, I waved at her but she paid me no mind. I guess she really don't want to talk to anyone with a loud, faster version of her own car. She just driving it like its a camry

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
levirolla;1574257 said:
Oh that lady is good for that. I ran up on here on Battleground and High point rd, I waved at her but she paid me no mind. I guess she really don't want to talk to anyone with a loud, faster version of her own car. She just driving it like its a camry

Thats exactly what I thought. In my head I was like how do you not want to at least smile at the guy with the turbo targa in the same color as your sunroof na?

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
Hey levirolla, were you at the stoplight at the intersection of friendly ave and dolly madison road in the Boro tonight at like 1 AM? I thought I heard a BOV and I turned my head and believe I saw a Red Supra revving it up It was dark and I was in my black yj wrangler. Just wondering. If so I'll terrorize the west side with you as soon as I finish this top end rebuild.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
As soon as we all finish are damn motor rebuilds lol!

I know I am nearly there, I am just super busy at work and lack of a work space is keeping me from dropping my motor in the car right now, but am ready for a late summer cruise if not early fall for sure!
p1030110m.jpg