Star Wars

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
So, I'm randomly watching Episode II right now, and during Obi Wan's conversation with Dooku, Dooku spins the story so he is a good guy. I thought it was BS, but then I thought a little more into it and it's actually true... The whole prequel trilogy, the Jedi were helping the Sith, because they were basically Palpatine's slaves. Dooku is the only one that wasn't, although he did help him. WTF

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Man I can barely stomach watching episodes II and III because Hayden Christianson is such a winey worthless piece of shit actor that that prequels are only good for filling in missing information for the REAL Star Wars trilogy.

But yes, the Jedi help Palpatine and the clone army become the Empire and without them perhaps Dooku would have won and maybe the Trade Federation would have been the "Empire"...and...and...if "IFs" and "but's" we candies and nuts, we'd all be having a party!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I don't think Dooku or the Trade Federation really wanted to rule...

Hayden Christianson is sooo terrible in Episode III. He's bad in II, too, but III is just an epic failure. I'm pretty sure my cat could have done a better job.

Last edited:

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Dooku told 1/2 the truth- he told that the emperor was a sith (true)
He was not a good guy though, he was trying to make it look like he was... you know this thing called lieing.

He was Palpetines follower... remember when he had the plans for the death star? Remember when he tried to kill Obi Wan, Anikin, and Yoda?

He's bad.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Yeah but sometimes you have to do evil things for the greater good. Maybe he didn't see any other way to fight it, so he went to the other side to combat it from within.

EDIT: Btw, they already had all those on Cartoon Network a few years ago

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
The original three are so much better remastered. When I was younger (and viewing the old versions, obviously) I couldn't stand to watch them with the extremely cheesy special effects. The remastered versions fixed it, and they're enjoyable from a film perspective instead of just for the story.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, when they came out I would have raved about the "special effects" lol, even though the minitures scenes over the deathstar were kinda hokey looking. Almost 30 years later they certainly benifited from an update. Unfortunately I still think Yoda looks like a sock puppet.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
1jzdreamer;1035195 said:
Remember when he tried to kill Obi Wan, Anikin, and Yoda?

He's bad.

and when the movie finishes, Dooku is walking and talking to Lord Sidious on Corusant.

"The Force is with us Master Sidious"
"Welcome home Lord Tyranus, you have done well"

He was trying to use deception to lure Obi-wan to the dark side.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Yoda is a sock puppet. Now he is CG, and doesn't look so hokey.

Hayden is supposed to be whiney. He is an emotional train wreck, that contributes to his fall.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
i really think he did a good job of showing the melt down that lead to darth vader. he really showed the struggle to save padmae. whiney yes but i think it was a great lead in to the old triogly.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It wasn't the fact that he as a character was whiny, he as a person was whiny. I think he did a terrible job in the prequels, though the story was a pretty good lead in to the originals.

Again, maybe he didn't see any way to win the fight from the Light side, so he "fell" to the dark side. If you've played any of the games, KOToR II, Kreia's stories about Revan. That's kinda what I've got in mind while thinking this.