Standalone on 7mgte

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Neodeuccio;1325453 said:
IJ, you do realize that 99% of Mk3 owners are broke, right? :icon_mrgr

Hold up. There is a HUGE difference between broke and CHEAP. The correct word is CHEAP.

I agree with IJ (and soon Duane will agree to) MoTeC. No need for the m800, the m600 can run the 7m with no problems and so can the m400 in a batch fire mode.

3tc power

Jan 3, 2009
Tampa FL.
why don't you just go with Haltech! i see tons of replies but none sound like they are from people that have actually use any of those ECU's. the haltech E6X is the perfect computer for anyone that is aka broke but got a little something to spend. for the price you can't beat it, and on top of that it has tons of features...shit it even has an out put for your A/C lol.

E6X Fuel & Ignition Computer
The Haltech E6X is a powerful "real-time" programmable fuel injection and ignition system computer designed to control most ignition type engines. Whether 1-6, 8, 10 or 12 cylinders, 1-2 rotors, naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged, the HALTECH E6X can control it.

The E6X System optimises engine performance through the following capabilities:

- Ignition timing control
- Fuel control
- Idle speed control
- Closed loop

The E6X is much more than a programmable fuel injection computer - it provides logging of engine data and allows access in real time to maximise performance and trouble-shoot problems in a vehicle while running.

Typical Applications:

- Control of fuel injection on modified engines
- Conversion from carburetion to fuel injection
- Race and rally applications of all description
- Design and development purposes
- Educational use by universities and technical colleges
- Original equipment in cars and motorcycles.

The patented Haltech system of programming virtually eliminates the input of numbers. You simply manipulate bar graphs by pressing arrows keys on the attached PC running Haltech Programming software. Manipulating the bars allows you to increase or decrease the amount of fuel delivered or ignition advance at that particular RPM and load point. The process is repeated for all load points in each rpm range.
Ignition timing is precisely mapped through the RPM range so that the exact timing required to obtain optimum performance is applied in every RPM and load range.

The E6X Short Kit includes:

ECU Programmable Computer, Programming Cable, Short Wire Harness OR Patch Loom, Programming CD, Instruction Manual on CD and Haltech Stickers.

e6x_web.jpg

E6X Features

Up to 4 fuel and 4 ignition channels (internal toggle)
4 dedicated PWM outputs
1 auxiliary input
1 auxiliary output (tacho output)
Dedicated closed loop idle control
Dedicated closed loop O2 correction
8 injector drivers as standard equipment
An internal barometric pressure sensor
New RA8 reluctor adaptor
Rev limiter
Deceleration fuel cut
Datalogging to laptop
Flatshift
Dual Mapping
High boost software (up to 65psi with optional MAP sensor)

E6X PWM Outputs

Electronic boost control
engine control relay
intercooler fan
aux. fuel pump
torque converter
thermofan
NOS enable
turbo timer
staging signal
anti-lag
BAC valve
stall saver
dual intake valve
VTEC
shiftlighting
air con

oh and for the record! i also have this ECU and i will be using it in my 3tc Turbo ae86 which is very highly moded and it's a street car and yes a/c will be fully functional too lol.
OH yeah if you need the hook up on a good price or someone to speak with on the ecu just PM me and i'll be happy to help you out bro.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Go with the AEM and call it a day. The fastest 7Ms may not run AEMs eventhough, last time I check, Kwnate AEM still has more power than Duane MOTEC :biglaugh: (haven't checked in a while, things may have changed) lol. I will tell you this however, the biggest HPs 2JZs in the miami area run AEMs, I'm talking 1100, 1200 hp + no matter what people are saying. Not trying to start a standalone war my supra fellas, just telling it how it is.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
turbogate;1325707 said:
Go with the AEM and call it a day. The fastest 7Ms may not run AEMs eventhough, last time I check, Kwnate AEM still has more power than Duane MOTEC :biglaugh: (haven't checked in a while, things may have changed) lol. I will tell you this however, the biggest HPs 2JZs in the miami area run AEMs, I'm talking 1100, 1200 hp + no matter what people are saying. Not trying to start a standalone war my supra fellas, just telling it how it is.

Easy!!!!

"ultimate power" is not what seperates EMS otherwise, following your logic. All EMS are crap since top fuel dragster use mechanical setups. ;) not wise to make a blanket statement or leaps of logic. Tuner knowledge followed closely by support. Are the deciding factors. Tuner does not know anything and you will need a bucket and shovel after it is all said and done ;)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Neodeuccio;1325453 said:

Nick asked a specific question I answered ;)
-------------------
As for AEM being on high HP cars... so what :nono:

ASK any of them if $ were not an issue which management they'd rather run I'd be very surprised if any of them honesty said AEM.

I can make stupid HP with a set of points and a carb so following the logic here are management is crap..

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
IJ.;1325807 said:
-------------------
As for AEM being on high HP cars... so what :nono:

ASK any of them if $ were not an issue which management they'd rather run I'd be very surprised if any of them honesty said AEM.

I can make stupid HP with a set of points and a carb so following the logic here are management is crap..

Hey IJ double posting!!!

Believe me when I tell you that $$ is not an issue for these guys. Spendind an extra 3-6 grand is chump change for these guys. If anything they probably don't care enough about their supras that it doesn't matter what computer they run. Anyways, like figgie says, no matter what standalone you go with, it's all in the tuner. But the AEM is the easiest to implement in a supra because of the plug and play and price range/value.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
The haltech ems sounds like something I would use on a future project. :)
As for what turbogate brought up about the AEM for its pnp ability + price it seems to be something that would be right for me. I dont have tons of time to spend wiring in the EMS and then trying to figure out who I can go to, to get a tune done. There are local shops somewhat close to where I live who can help me out with support and tuning.

Ive been thinking alot lately about what my priorities are right at this moment. I went to my shop and sat in the supra for a good hour and thought what should be done. The deciding factor is not to rush into make BIG numbers just because I want to see them. I really miss driving my supra and hate the down time in between when shes up on jackstands :( Hence me leaning towards the AEM because its more well known around here which could = less downtime.

BTW thanks guys for all the helpful info on different EMS's
I have a much better idea now on what can be used, different functions, tuning abilities, prices and the bag for the buck. :)

Chris

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Doward;1326029 said:
Aaron's got a PnP harness for the Stinger, as I recall.

Really now? Does the stinger have the same options as the AEM? You already brought up the point that its MUCH easier to tune with which is a big plus for me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Neodeuccio;1325453 said:

So get rid of the car. That is what I did when I was in my early 20's. I had the car for 3 years, but it didnt' match the budget of a 24 year old. So I got a 5.0 Mustang. Not really the same kind of car, or even close. But I went fast, which is what so many of you want, and I did it cheaply. Now I suggest to the 20 somethings that can finance and not go broke to get an LS1 F-body. This is just a tangent, and related to the topic.

IJ.;1325807 said:
-------------------

Nick made a statement, not a question. And that is an interesting reply that intrigues me. I want it for milage. Said 5.0 Mustang got 27mpg at 80 mph across the country on the highway.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
3tc power;1325552 said:
why don't you just go with Haltech! i see tons of replies but none sound like they are from people that have actually use any of those ECU's. the haltech E6X is the perfect computer for anyone that is aka broke but got a little something to spend. for the price you can't beat it, and on top of that it has tons of features...shit it even has an out put for your A/C lol.

E6X Fuel & Ignition Computer
The Haltech E6X is a powerful "real-time" programmable fuel injection and ignition system computer designed to control most ignition type engines. Whether 1-6, 8, 10 or 12 cylinders, 1-2 rotors, naturally aspirated, turbocharged or supercharged, the HALTECH E6X can control it.

The E6X System optimises engine performance through the following capabilities:

- Ignition timing control
- Fuel control
- Idle speed control
- Closed loop

The E6X is much more than a programmable fuel injection computer - it provides logging of engine data and allows access in real time to maximise performance and trouble-shoot problems in a vehicle while running.

Typical Applications:

- Control of fuel injection on modified engines
- Conversion from carburetion to fuel injection
- Race and rally applications of all description
- Design and development purposes
- Educational use by universities and technical colleges
- Original equipment in cars and motorcycles.

The patented Haltech system of programming virtually eliminates the input of numbers. You simply manipulate bar graphs by pressing arrows keys on the attached PC running Haltech Programming software. Manipulating the bars allows you to increase or decrease the amount of fuel delivered or ignition advance at that particular RPM and load point. The process is repeated for all load points in each rpm range.
Ignition timing is precisely mapped through the RPM range so that the exact timing required to obtain optimum performance is applied in every RPM and load range.

The E6X Short Kit includes:

ECU Programmable Computer, Programming Cable, Short Wire Harness OR Patch Loom, Programming CD, Instruction Manual on CD and Haltech Stickers.

e6x_web.jpg

E6X Features

Up to 4 fuel and 4 ignition channels (internal toggle)
4 dedicated PWM outputs
1 auxiliary input
1 auxiliary output (tacho output)
Dedicated closed loop idle control
Dedicated closed loop O2 correction
8 injector drivers as standard equipment
An internal barometric pressure sensor
New RA8 reluctor adaptor
Rev limiter
Deceleration fuel cut
Datalogging to laptop
Flatshift
Dual Mapping
High boost software (up to 65psi with optional MAP sensor)

E6X PWM Outputs

Electronic boost control
engine control relay
intercooler fan
aux. fuel pump
torque converter
thermofan
NOS enable
turbo timer
staging signal
anti-lag
BAC valve
stall saver
dual intake valve
VTEC
shiftlighting
air con

oh and for the record! i also have this ECU and i will be using it in my 3tc Turbo ae86 which is very highly moded and it's a street car and yes a/c will be fully functional too lol.
OH yeah if you need the hook up on a good price or someone to speak with on the ecu just PM me and i'll be happy to help you out bro.

Amen to that dread! I am loving my haltech E8. can't wait to get the 7m back on the road to retune:evil2:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I loved the stinger. It's like a beginners standalone EMS. Everything is so simple. The price was right, and it was rare that it didn't cover my necessities (while all my needs were very basic).