Spring meet Vancouver!!!

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
As posted on Supra Forums:

Event: Revscene.net Annual Spring meet 2009
Date: March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 12 noon

03.22.09 (March 22nd 2009) Mark the day on your calendar. Revscene.net Annual Spring Meet!!! Time to put back on the rims, wash off that dirt and salt. And show off what you got during Christmas for the car!

More info to come!!! Spread the word to all the car clubs so that you can come with your car crew!!! Roll in together to park together. Come represent for the community!]

Like with every spring meet, this is a grass roots type meet. No thrills, no gimmicks. Meant for family fun, community awareness, and to dust off the dirt, bring out your ride. As always, idiocy will not be tolerated. Be on your best behavior, you are representing your crews and the automotive community.

From the sounds of it we are meeting at BIC Performance and heading in from there.

Jeremy

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
I'm in for sure. Any idea what time everyone is meeting at Randys? Looks like the rest of my week will be spent getting the car ready haha!

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
JustinGotA1j;1274528 said:
I'm in for sure. Any idea what time everyone is meeting at Randys? Looks like the rest of my week will be spent getting the car ready haha!

Working on that, waiting for Randy to set up a meet time at his shop. There is talk of Breakfast but I want to be on the road to Spanish Banks by 11am so it will be and early morning for some if we do Breakfast first.

Jeremy

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
im down depending on my car! have to find a coolent leak im losing lots of coolent but no milk shake any where to be found.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
arizzle;1274613 said:
im down depending on my car! have to find a coolent leak im losing lots of coolent but no milk shake any where to be found.

Is it boiling over and out the overflow? put a condom on the outlet of the overflow and see if it fills with coolant. Also look at the hose at the back of the cylender head up top and the one behind the water pump. You may need to move the hoses a bit to see a crack and leak.

Jeremy

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Overheating? You have a 7M? 100% head gasket.

J/K

Fix it, and come out. I'll will be working on my car Sat but riding with Dave on Sunday. Can't wait to see all the new mods. I know Jeremy's car will look better, he has new interior. :sarcasm: I know what's up. :)

Duane

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The weather forcast looks good. Anyways if you guys are up for meeting at 9:30 we can go to IHOP for breakfast that gives us 1.5 hous to eat and BS and leave at or just before 11 am. If the wait is too long we can just run to McD's for some McGriddles. So I will be here at 9:30, here is a link to the shop:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1

Randy
www.bicperformance.com

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Turbo Drifter;1274640 said:
Is it boiling over and out the overflow? put a condom on the outlet of the overflow and see if it fills with coolant. Also look at the hose at the back of the cylender head up top and the one behind the water pump. You may need to move the hoses a bit to see a crack and leak.

Jeremy

no bubbling out of the overflow tank, but im going to be looking at all the hoses today cause i saw i bit of water/coolent looking running down the passenger side of the block, like behind the water pump. im crossing my fingers for no BHG lol:cry:,

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
arizzle;1274667 said:
no bubbling out of the overflow tank, but im going to be looking at all the hoses today cause i saw i bit of water/coolent looking running down the passenger side of the block, like behind the water pump. im crossing my fingers for no BHG lol:cry:,

I have a sniffer here if you want to borrow it, it will tell you right away if you have exhaust gas in the coolant.

Breakfast, 9:30? lol Can we meet earlier? Why so late?

Duane

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
I had the same problem with coolant down the passenger side of the block. Check the rubber cap on the back/passenger side. It's where the RHD heater core hooks up...Mine was all gnarled and cracked from old age :)

As for the meet, not sure if I'll be able to come out. I'll wait a bit for the next Vancouver mini meet to take the ferry over for the day ($100 bucks booo).

-Chris

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
TobyCat;1274686 said:
I had the same problem with coolant down the passenger side of the block. Check the rubber cap on the back/passenger side. It's where the RHD heater core hooks up...Mine was all gnarled and cracked from old age :)

As for the meet, not sure if I'll be able to come out. I'll wait a bit for the next Vancouver mini meet to take the ferry over for the day ($100 bucks booo).

-Chris

well i was looking and its coming from like the rear of the water pump and isnt the heater hose in the rear on the head? and end of the block.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
arizzle;1274762 said:
well i was looking and its coming from like the rear of the water pump and isnt the heater hose in the rear on the head? and end of the block.

How is the 90deg rubber hose behind the Waterpump? Maybe one of the turbo water lines I think they hook up back there too.

Jeremy

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Turbo Drifter;1274770 said:
How is the 90deg rubber hose behind the Waterpump? Maybe one of the turbo water lines I think they hook up back there too.

Jeremy

well i will be taking it all apart tonight, and re-torquing the head and also look at all my coolent lines after work ill keep you updated.:1zhelp:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
arizzle;1274785 said:
well i will be taking it all apart tonight, and re-torquing the head and also look at all my coolent lines after work ill keep you updated.:1zhelp:

I've never re torqued the head, if done properly the first time, no need to go back. Check other things and again, if you want piece of mind, I have a sniffer here.

Duane

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
upgradedsupra;1274801 said:
I've never re torqued the head, if done properly the first time, no need to go back. Check other things and again, if you want piece of mind, I have a sniffer here.

Duane

yeah ive never re-re torqued a head also, i did it after 500-1000km after the job and it was fine. but yeah i was thinking of just looking over the hoses so yeah. i actually might come down if i cant see anything.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
arizzle;1274806 said:
yeah ive never re-re torqued a head also, i did it after 500-1000km after the job and it was fine. but yeah i was thinking of just looking over the hoses so yeah. i actually might come down if i cant see anything.

I would not worry about re torquing, I checked mine this winter for peaice of mind and it had not changed at all since it was put together. If you have already checked it once do not bother doing it again. If the head gasket is the problem a 2nd re torque will not fix it. I would borrow Duanes tester and know 100% they do not lie.

Good Luck man!

Jeremy

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
2 things required for having a 7M

Extra gasket
Extra coolant
Tester to see if coolant is present in engine

Just kidding, yes, I even have a sense of humor.

Duane

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
To isolate the leak, you can also buy an ounce of leak test dye from Lordco that you put into your coolant, that will glow under UV light so it's easy to find. But do Duane's HG test first, or I have one as well you can borrow.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
When I had mystery coolant showing up, it was one of the turbo collant lines, right on the bottem, so it was extra fun to find.