Spring meet Vancouver!!!

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
tekdeus;1274952 said:
To isolate the leak, you can also buy an ounce of leak test dye from Lordco that you put into your coolant, that will glow under UV light so it's easy to find. But do Duane's HG test first, or I have one as well you can borrow.

yeah i did isolate the leak to the thermostat neck housing to the head. the bolts came loose so i tightened it up and im still losing coolent:3d_frown:, i guess im going to need your sniffer duane! can you bring it to the meet i will check it at randys. i also did a complete oil change and there was no sign of moisture and coolent in the oil so i dont know :( :1zhelp:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
arizzle;1276532 said:
yeah i did isolate the leak to the thermostat neck housing to the head. the bolts came loose so i tightened it up and im still losing coolent:3d_frown:, i guess im going to need your sniffer duane! can you bring it to the meet i will check it at randys. i also did a complete oil change and there was no sign of moisture and coolent in the oil so i dont know :( :1zhelp:

I saw you today on Canada way but you didn't hear me I guess while I was revving my car. :biglaugh:

I will be in the U.S of eh tomorrow but will be there for Sunday. Give me a call tomorrow night, later. I should be home by midnight, I hope. If you call earlier and I don't answer, it's because I am still on the other side. I don't want my cell bill going sky high again like the past few months.

Duane

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
A few pics from the after-meet meet over at Duane's. :)

IMG_4736a.JPG

IMG_4738a.JPG

IMG_4741a.JPG

IMG_4743a.JPG

IMG_4739a.JPG

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No, there were LOTS more than that. There are over 1000 parking spots at Spanish Banks - over 1100, actually, IIRC, and they were ALL full, with people driving around looking for more all the time.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if I found out there were near 1500 cars there.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
I'm with you on that one Dave. At least 1500 cars. Not too bad considering when the meet officially started (12 noon I believe) the parking lots were already basicaly full.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Randy came to try and rescue me. Unfortunatly, it took a Dodge with a car trailer to help me out.

p1278289_1.jpg

So, I guess my day just wasnt exciting enough yet.
On the was home, just after the tunnel on hwy 99:
p1278289_2.jpg

yep, the tire just decided to blow out on us at 110. I almost pooped at first, fearing the worst of course. But when I looked back all I saw was two chunks of rubber flying atleast 30 ft in the air, but atleast my car was still there and the trailer was still driving straight.

I didnt get away with out a few reminders of the day:
p1278289_3.jpg

Aparantly my bumper slowed down the flying rubber chunks, thank goodness for that:thumbsdow On the good side, I will have some info about some higher amp alternators by tuesday night

Last edited:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
great meet guys! the cruise down was awsome, considering i was trying to keep up with the first crowd of JZ's merging on hwy99 lol. time to do a local supra meet? when Duane's car is back up and running :)

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
I had a great time, its been so long since I had been out to a meet in the car I cant even rememeber the last time......3 years? LOL

Cant wait to do more and have the car tuned next time so I can boost.

Jeremy

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
^ I was wondering why you weren't keeping up so well :icon_bigg

Jayhall, the Lexus SC300 92-94 alternator is a direct bolt in on the 1JZ and puts out more amps than the stocker. 10 or 20 IIRC, a nice bump.