Spokane Supras

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Hey guys, Ill be out and about downtown tonight taking pictures for a calendar if yall are interested. Im in a red and black mk2 turbo.
You guys should def. hit me up cause im always down for a cruise or meet up or whatever.

as for a tunner, what do you need done?

Captain Phil, where on the south hill are you? My parents live up there, and I am up there often even tho I live on the north side. (5 mile area)

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
i dont really know. i am looking in to getting a turbo set up from drift motion. dont know what else i really need to do. i want it tuned i dont want to run untuned. just want some one i can chat with.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
yeah for sure i will keep you in mind. the supra i just bought has a bhg so i just put it in the garage now i am gonna tare it apart and i think rebuild the whole thing i dont really know either way i am gonna do the topend. tryin to learn a little more here or from any one who can help. i want to buy the 60-1 turbo kit from drift motion but i need to learn about everything else that goes with it. i might hittin you up every once in awhile with some questions.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
If you need help I am here too. I was exactly where you are about 2 years ago. Now I have a built 7m with a 57-trim ct. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Sometimes it is way too much work to search through the forums for a simple answer when you could ask someone who has already done all the searching.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
right on thanks man. i just started to dig in to it. i got the head off now i am gona pull the block out and send it in to be machined. i have never done a complete rebuild myself before. some of it gets a little intimidating. i will probably be coming to you guys to answer some questions once it is time to put it all back to gether.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
Where are you taking it for machine work? It makes a difference. Also, since you are this far into the motor, depending on your power goals, you might want to look into ARP hardware, a new oil pump, and possibly some forged pistons.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
I dont know where to take the bock to get machined. the head i was gonna take to cylinder head service. as for the rest of the build i am shooting for 400 to 450 hp. i am gonna get the arp head studs and arp main bolt. i plan on getting forged pistons and rods a metal hg. i talked to aaron i think that is his name at drift motion about a turbo set up he said go with the 60-1 kit.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
I had all my work done at oneils custom engines, including shortblock assembly. It worked out good because one of his employees has a MK2, so he knew what he was doing when it came to m-motors. I personally used the forged pistons from driftmotion because of the price. If you can afford it/do it yourself, port the head a little. Dont forget to pick up the driftmotion oil supply line, replace the oil squirters, and replace all the hoses that are hard to get to when the motor is in the car.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
where is that oneils engines at or do you have a number for them? i havent looked at the pistons that driftmotion supplies. i have just been looking at sunnit racing but all they really got is keith black and those ones are expensive. i will check out the ones from driftmotion. as far as the oil squirters where are those at or how many of them are there? i plan on doing the whole rebuild myself or if that shop has a good price i mite see what they charge to just put the bottom end back together.

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
Oneil's Custom engines
3915 E Francis Ave # A2, Spokane, WA
(509) 467-8613

The oil squirters are in the block in the bottom of the cylinder bore. there are six, one for each hole. I felt that Oneils pricing was fair, I had them assemble the pistons rods and crank for peace of mind.

For $1100 i had the following done

-bore to .40
-prep block for metal head gasket (mill)
-clean block
-line bore mains for oversized bearings
-install new oil pump bearings/bushings
-fully balance rotating assembling, (crank damper, rods, pistons, crank, flywheel, pressure plate)
-install pistons and set ring gap
-install arp rod bolts
-recondition stock rods

The price sounds like a lot, but once you do it, you never have to worry about it.

I ordered most of my stuff from driftmotion, highly recommend them. Also watch the classified section for deals.

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
I highly recommend oneils too. Had 4 or 5 motors done through them now.
I however havent had them assemble anything. Just had them machine the head and block to the finish required for a MHG, hone the cylinders, and polish crank, clean journals, hot tank everything.

I do all my own engine assembly tho.

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
right on guys i will get ahold of them probably the begining of next week. well i will get pics as i go and put them on here. i will probably be mesaging you guys once it comes to putting it back together. my real big issue is gonna be the whole tunning part.

vmoua509

SpokaneSupras
Sep 17, 2007
Spokane, WA
www.cardomain.com
welcome to supramania! My buddy, Mike has two 60 trim CT26's for sale. If you or anyone else is interested... let me know if you want one and for the other guys that already know him, just let him know... thats good that you are planning to do a complete rebuild on the motor! keep us updated. I used to have a 91 turbo targa (sold) and a 90 turbo targa (sold). Well, hopefully i can get my 91 back soon... we'll all have to have a supra meet this spring!

dpsupra

Nov 3, 2010
spokane washington
my goal is to have it up and running by spring so a meet would be cool. i have never been part of a club or a forum so my first meet should be interesting. i do plan on having it down at the drag strip once that opens back up. that would be cool have a meet one night down at the drag strip. i will keep yall updated on the progress.

mikeymkll7mgte

Supraholic
Oct 11, 2007
Spokane
Im not sure how I missed this. :nono: All this talk about me and I didnt even know it!! And I have NO IDEA what any of you guys are talking about with that intersection. :naughty: Justin.... Sorry if it really bothered you that bad. (Im used to it) You and Josh both actually. It has a full cage in it now if it makes you feel better!! :biggrinbo And yes... Its still 100% street legal. The car will be getting painted here real soon, same color of course, just with a nice touch.

We all really do need to get together this summer sometime. Like maybe at the drag strip. I have a certain mk4 I need to show whos boss around here. :evil2: :thefinger:

Nacho... Dude... I just figured out who you are!! How ya been??
Phil... DONT SELL UR CAR!! I wanna help mod that thing!
Scott... Get ur motor built. I wanna see a 5m SPANK a 2j at the track. Ill let you borrow my slicks too!
Von... Get a supra. Thats all I have to say.

All the rest of ya... Gimme a shout sometime. Im sure you all know someone who knows how to get ahold of me. I'm crazy busy at work, and having fun snowmobiling, but Im ALWAYS down for supra talk! And when there is no more snow... Its supra time!