Someone w/ an NA take a pic of your dizzy!!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I have a horribly butchered car here in which someone thought they could do the work to it and lost a bunch of crap and severed their dizzy harness and PS high pressure hose (WTF!?)

ANYWAYS, since there are no connectors and I dont have any local NAs for reference and since the TSRM is a total POS with no info could someone take a pic of their NA dizzy wire connector so I can splice each wire to the correct wire.?

Thanks guys!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wrong section...thread moved.
Please pay attention to where you start a thread.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Grimsta;1245198 said:
and since the TSRM is a total POS with no info

D_001.gif

D_005.gif

D_006.gif

;)

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah, those diagrams arent right, like I said... POS... The wires coming out of the dizzy are different than the color of wires on the harness side, thats why I still need a pic. Its a 1989 NA Auto. Thanks

I thought about puttin it in technical, but since I just wanted a pic, sort of like the "post a pic of your pre 89 bumper" thought it'd be cool, thats all.

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Grimsta;1246974 said:
Yeah, those diagrams arent right, like I said... POS... The wires coming out of the dizzy are different than the color of wires on the harness side, thats why I still need a pic. Its a 1989 NA Auto. Thanks

I thought about puttin it in technical, but since I just wanted a pic, sort of like the "post a pic of your pre 89 bumper" thought it'd be cool, thats all.

Ok, im a newbie to working on cars/supras, so im not so good with the terminology. I just finished completely rebuilding the the entire engine. What part of the harness is the "dizzy"? If its visible ill take a pic today and post it. I have an 1989 NA Manual.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Then call a tranny a transmission, its what auto "insiders" call things ;)

So any pics yet? I dont think it'd be that hard for someone to take a picture of their distributor's harness connector on both sides considering this is in the 7MGE tech section. Everyone in here should have non turbo 7Ms w/ dizzys, lol

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Grimsta;1249005 said:
Then call a tranny a transmission, its what auto "insiders" call things ;)

So any pics yet? I dont think it'd be that hard for someone to take a picture of their distributor's harness connector on both sides considering this is in the 7MGE tech section. Everyone in here should have non turbo 7Ms w/ dizzys, lol

My 89 is in a garage 20 miles from where i live... Hopefully ill get a chance to do the first test drive tomorrow and ill take picks of the dizzy wire harness connector before i leave the garage...

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
heres some pics of the plug i'm guessing that its all that you need. if not tell me and i'll take some more pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
rj_conerly;1249527 said:
heres some pics of the plug i'm guessing that its all that you need. if not tell me and i'll take some more pics tomorrow.

Thats good, but I need a picture of the dizzy's connector as well

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
SWEEEET dood, now this car can finally go home, lol

Thanks a bunch SupraCobra.... BTW are you calling it that because you're getting the Cobra brakes? lol

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
actually with things being as busy I just got a chance to go back to the car and realized thats actually not a pic of what I need. See that dizzy has a connector right on its body, ours doesnt. It has a red, yellow, green and white wire coming straight out the dizzy, no connector. They must've been plugged into a connetor before but what ever it is its long gone. The owner's ex boy friend f'ed this car all up and hacked up a bunch of important stuff thinking he knew what he was doing

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Grimsta;1255451 said:
actually with things being as busy I just got a chance to go back to the car and realized thats actually not a pic of what I need. See that dizzy has a connector right on its body, ours doesnt. It has a red, yellow, green and white wire coming straight out the dizzy, no connector. They must've been plugged into a connetor before but what ever it is its long gone. The owner's ex boy friend f'ed this car all up and hacked up a bunch of important stuff thinking he knew what he was doing

So do you need a new dizzy?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89324

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
You're going to want to shield the wires on that plug from the elements. They deteriorate right at the plug over time and you're going to have one hell of a time with the car stalling out on random occasions. I had to completely replace my connector with another. Just a precaution.