so what makes a bov louder??

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
i had a ct26 turbo with a hks bov (first gen) and then changed the turbo to a turbonetics and changed to different hks bov(also fisrt gen) cause the piping that bov had was thicker so i swapped and then i could harly hear the bov. though maybe it was the bov but recently i thought my turbo had gone bad so i swapped it out with a ct26 my buddy let me barrow and drove it around and pushhhh there goes my bov all loud again so im like what gives??

could it be that the turbo might not be good after all?
would two hks bov help make it louder?

(i really like to blast the bov in front of the people in the bus stop...... makes them look like "wtf was that?!" haha dont judge me lol

anyways any help is always appreciated!

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
yeyeyeyeye live action... Run yourself a microphone to the BOV and amplify the sound through a set of speakers.

LOL im just messing.
Ussually if your BOV is not sounding as loud its ussually a loss of boost, but as different BOV's have different sounds is one of your first gen BOV's adjustable and the other is not maybe?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
It can also be the tip/insert. HKS has different tips to "tune" the sound on their SSQV's..

I took my insert off and it went from the whistle to a nice whoosh.

Grab a piece of paper, pull it thin and blow on it. It'll make a loud whistle. Same principal.