Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
If you drive like that on public streets I won't be disappointed if, as long as you were alone, they one day hose you out of a twisted mass of smoking metal into a bucket and melt what's left of your car down into tuna cans.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
jetjock;1907963 said:
If you drive like that on public streets I won't be disappointed if, as long as you were alone, they one day hose you out of a twisted mass of smoking metal into a bucket and melt what's left of your car down into tuna cans.

Hahahahaha best post ever :D :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
both those people are from other countries. Some countries drive crazy which is normal. But they also have a lot of accidents. Like Russia.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
for sure... not saying anyone who drives like this isn't asking to get killed... shit you guys are ignorant as hell thinking driving period is even remotely safe. I hope all of you guys with negative attitudes get pulled from twisted wrecks too. That sounds really friendly, right? Grow up already, or at least have some manners or common sense.... you know, any of those would be fine. :nono:

BTW JJ stop trying to troll me so hard... you're just coming off like a complete asshole (not saying you aren't one, I know I am)

hvyman;1908021 said:
both those people are from other countries. Some countries drive crazy which is normal. But they also have a lot of accidents. Like Russia.

yep, survival of the fittest (or rather, death of the doomed) two different things, but it's usually the first. Either you know what you're doing and you're good at it, or you have no idea, or it doesn't even matter because of mechanical failure, or anything that could theoretically go wrong. Only thing you can do really is trust your gut.

jdmfreak;1907968 said:
Hahahahaha best post ever :D :D

so you enjoy the idea of me being killed? that makes me warm and fuzzy... WTF is wrong with you guys? buncha sociopaths... I'll make sure to bring my man stopper next car meet i go to.

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Not trying to troll you. Just that I've seen too many lives shattered by punk kids who think they're awesome drivers when they're in fact little more than immature ignorant self centered morons trying to compensate for something behind the wheel of a car.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Not saying that at all... Just saying I liked the blunt... Creative.... "Well that escalated quickly" post itself
Sorry for offending you that was not my intention

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I'm not trying to compensate for shit... it's called the pursuit of happiness. Like I said, follow your instincts, it's that simple. A lot of people are incapable of doing this as society will try and pull your attention to science and logic, making people forget who/what they are. And more importantly what you're capable of. Sure, proper assessment of one's own capabilities is crucial, but once again, a lot of people do a poor job (or none what-so-ever) of this.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Even if your good at what your doing your still human and humans make mistakes. There's no way to be perfect at driving 100% of the time.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It catches up eventually no matter how good you think you are....

I've probably driven more miles @ over 100mph than most of the young guys here have done in their entire driving careers to date..

It caught up with me and I paid the price.

Check out the Z Car thread if you don’t believe me.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
hvyman;1908133 said:
Even if your good at what your doing your still human and humans make mistakes. There's no way to be perfect at driving 100% of the time.
no, you're right... no matter what you're doing.... if death comes knocking and your time's up (even if you're doing the speed limit, or ANYTHING) you can ignore the knock, but he'll still take the door down and you with it.

IJ.;1908140 said:
It catches up eventually no matter how good you think you are....

I've probably driven more miles @ over 100mph than most of the young guys here have done in their entire driving careers to date..

It caught up with me and I paid the price.

Check out the Z Car thread if you don’t believe me.

I know well of the fate of the 240 zed.... that's why i stress anything could go wrong at anytime, no matter the circumstances... you have to be on point, my intuition lets me know what's up most of the time. It's just one of those things. I'm like a lone wolf on the road, I don't tandem, I don't race, I just try to stay away from traffic and out of anyone's path. I'm extremely cautious too... If i don't have a good line of sight, I don't feel the least bit comfortable.

Like I said though, it's been half a decade (since my last supra was stolen, just bought a 89 this week), I've slowed down dramatically, most of my rage and frustration from just a fucked up childhood has subsided... I'm just trying to be at peace now.

Last edited:

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Are you saying that we own a fast car and never race it? That would be a small percentage I would think. Has nothing to do with testes... but most with cars sporting 600+ rwhp are on a track. Those of us with 350-500 rwhp MK3's probably all go WOT on a road at one time or another just for the thrill. I wouldn't say that makes us nut jobs. A true "race car" driver understands safety a lot better than Joe Driver. The higher the speed/power.. the less room for mistakes.

I am old.. seen a lot.. and have been in accidents enough to know what causes them. I have rat-raced through residential streets in my youth and enjoyed it immensely and got a few tickets under my belt doing it. But that was a long time ago with a lot fewer cars on the road and I had a very few parked cars to contend with. (if there are families living in an area... the last thing you want to do is run into a kid.. which I actually did once.. that opened my eyes to the world as it actually is. no, the kid wasn't hurt, I "tapped" him.. but that was all it took for me.)

The whole problem is, it takes a lot of experience to figure out the difference between Fast and Fun and Fast and Stupid.

Most people ignore the fact that our cars perform well for what they are (any car). However, a failure of one component can ruin many people's lives. Or.. a misjudged curve.. or a patch of gravel. It only takes an instant and life changes.

Having said that, we can't live in fear of "what might happen". If people didn't push the envelope, life would be extremely dull.
I drive my car as fast as I can at times, but I would never do what that guy was doing on a 2 lane highway. 4-6 lanes gives you an exit strategy if something happens. 2 lanes is asking for disaster. Lost too many friends to head on collisions already.

oh yeah.. it's embarassing when I speed in my MK3 and I have grey hair... I really gotta tint the windows...

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
Largely agree with JJ on this one in that it's public road driving. If you can SEE another car, you can hit another car. No amount of instincts or spider senses or Jedi force in the world can prepare you for what some other driver is going to do out of inexperience or drunkenness or even just panic when they see you hauling ass. You can't know whats going on in the other car. Track racing or circuit racing gives you some assurance that the other guys at least know what they are doing and you can anticipate their reactions. Public roads while empty, though.. Knock yourself out. It IS fun and we all know it is. But driving recklessly is a decision made by one driver that shouldn't affect anyone else. A single car accident fatality resulting from "pushing the envelope" is no tragedy and it isn't fate or anything that romantic either; it's just Darwin at work. Survival of the fittest includes those most capable of avoiding decisions that test their mortality. ;)

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
more HP and speed = more experience and talent needed.

Sadly (and this is very evident with crotch rocket deaths in the city I live in), that is not translated well in the brain. Speed kills, plain and simple.
However... like I said above.. very few of us can resist the odd pull on a nice stretch. Fast and stupid can kill though.. it has to be in the back of your mind.

I really would love to take my car to Europe and haul ass on the autobahn.. although I would take a course first.. lol.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
jdmfreak;1909165 said:
Experience is one of those things that you don't get until just after you need it

Lol. Exactly. I suppose the most significant learning comes from making mistakes and sometimes that education is just too final.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jdmfreak;1909165 said:
Experience is one of those things that you don't get until just after you need it
Bravo to you sir. Well said.

On the original subject matter, I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't haul ass once in a while. However, I'm picky about WHERE. Around other cars is not the place I like to play. That, and around here, there's always a chance you might meet an unexpected deer, which is never fun...

I'll even admit that I made a Nissan about two feet shorter than Nissan did due to a lack of experience and bad decisions. Kinda lost a good friend over that, even though we were both fine and survived the accident, it just kinda killed the friendship. :nono:

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Ya I have had my fair share of driving "experience"...
y8yhu5yn.jpg
vuvuseba.jpg
razype9y.jpg

ruzavega.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.