So how long till someone stuffs one of these on a supra?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Skeezix;1786957 said:
Yeah VNT is definitely not the new part, Dodge did it in the late 80's early 90's with their small cars
Honda did as well with their 2.0 v6 turbo that was on the JDM Legend... VERY low sales numbers, and wasn't exported to my knowledge.

So, there any videos that show this application in use? Kinda like a Bill Nye video of some sort?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Albert;1786857 said:
Eh still. Being a Honeywell supplier for 25+ years and weve seen this type of technology used many different times in different applications, they're just now adapting old technology into a new application. Idk guess it doesn't phase me as much lol

Just how old are you Albert?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Albert;1787091 said:
Never ask a women that!

I'm 21. Trust me the math is there
So you were a supplier 4 years before you were born... nice trick that ;)

If I say I've used xx supplier for 30 years it's because I'm almost 50 and have actually been dealing with them for that long, bit like when I talk about "my" machines they're actually my machines not belonging to a company.

Up to you but I don't think you're doing your rep any good here with this sort of thing...

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
IJ.;1787097 said:
So you were a supplier 4 years before you were born... nice trick that ;)

If I say I've used xx supplier for 30 years it's because I'm almost 50 and have actually been dealing with them for that long, bit like when I talk about "my" machines they're actually my machines not belonging to a company.

Up to you but I don't think you're doing your rep any good here with this sort of thing...

I'm part owner of this machine shop, my dad owns it. I'll be taking over once he gives me the keys, so yes I look at everything in "my" shop as "my" machines and my tooling.

Yes I've only worked here since I was 15, but I've learned a lot, and I plan to continue the experience, one day I'll be like you IJ :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Albert;1787101 said:
I'm part owner of this machine shop, my dad owns it. I'll be taking over once he gives me the keys, so yes I look at everything in "my" shop as "my" machines and my tooling.

Yes I've only worked here since I was 15, but I've learned a lot, and I plan to continue the experience, one day I'll be like you IJ :p

If I had it to do over I'd aim to be better :p

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
No videos that I know if, but SCC magazine ran a story about this a while back outlining the math behind it and what the advantages are (it was in the Tecnobabble column that Dave Coleman wrote). I'll take a look at my collection when I get a chance and see what issue it was in if anyone else here has SCC back issues and wants to read it. If I remember it was from a while ago, maybe late 90's.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
destrux;1786224 said:
http://www.honeywellbooster.com/turbocast/vnt-dualboost-turbo/

I'm guessing we just have to wait for a few ford trucks to make it to the junk yard to make this turbo affordable.

Pretty damn cool though... similar to compound charging, but with one turbo. I'd love to see a 2000hp 2JZ running 100psi of boost with one of these under the hood.

Umm it's NOTHING like Compound ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1787150 said:
If any of us could start over at 15 with what we know now... look out, world.
No shit man... I don't even want to think of where I could be or what I could have done, it would be too depressing. :p

Could always invent "Lougle"...