So how is 935?

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Is 935 motorsports pretty good todeal with because i always hear otherwise. They have a few parts id like to pic up also. So im trying to find out

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
put it this way: more people are prone to posting COMPLAINTS rather than posting GOOD reviews. i've had good luck with 935. when people get their parts, they tend NOT to post something nice, but when something comes late, they'll cry wolf immediately. ;)

-shaeff

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
shaeff said:
put it this way: more people are prone to posting COMPLAINTS rather than posting GOOD reviews. i've had good luck with 935. when people get their parts, they tend NOT to post something nice, but when something comes late, they'll cry wolf immediately. ;)

-shaeff
This is true, but it seems to be more frequent than any other vendor here. Seems to be hit or miss. If I'm not mistaking it is a one man show and has a growing business. I read a while back that he was going to update his order log to show orders in the order they were recieved. It looks like he is moving in the right direction and is also making getting supra parts easier so I give him props for that. I'd say give him a chance, many people are successful ordering through him.

Supra4ever

Mar 31, 2005
Nordjylland
Hello

I have been dealing with Robert at 935 for many years and I have always been happy with it. I'm living in Denmark (Europe) so it takes a little while before things arrive but that is ok. Robert is a busy guy and relying on supplies from other vendors, sometimes they don't tell the truth about delivery time and that will have great influence on delivery time to the costumer. I think Robert is doing a great job for the Supra community and he is always looking for new parts.

Bottom line, sometimes it will take a little time but Robert is a very honest guy and he will not let you down.

Regards
Karsten

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I got most of my order in an reasonable amount of time. He does not seem to keep a large invintory on hand and this will make some items long lead time. The only thing I wish he did better was communicate the status of back order items. It might take a while but you will get your stuff.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I ordered from him a while back..I think last year....He is a good guy....Sometimes its hard for one man operation....esp when you get swamped with orders...I know because I somtimes get swamped and wish I had more hours in a day to do everything.

Cheers,
Roy

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Like i said it seems like its about even with the pos and neg im gonna give it a shot, now i have to compile a damn list of stufffffff

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
becauseican said:
I ordered a CSF rad last summer, I had it within two weeks from time of order. So my experiance was good with 935.

I didn't order a rad, but I did order eibachs, struts, intake, and wires from him 8 months ago. I recieves all my parts within less than two weeks. BIC and I both live in Canada, so I give him props for getting our parts in time using a standard delivery method for shipping. He is very busy so just give him time to answer your emails (usually responds within 24h). Rob is a great guy and I will continue to order from him.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IMO you cannot give 935 a bad rep.
While he may be a one-man operation, if we direct business away from him, that's only going to keep him a one-man operation. Keep him going, order from him, knowing that there may be a little longer wait, but knowing also that you are helping a growing MK3 supporter. Doing this will allow him to grow into a bigger supplier of parts and also be able to employ some help, shortening lead times.

The only way to figure out if he's good enough for you is to order some parts from him.
Formulate your own decision and post how you feel in the reviews section!

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
i ordered a muffler from him.. had it in stock.. it took a month to get it buhlieve.. im up in canada, very close to randy and duane actually.. but at one point i did inquire and he told me exactly when it was going to be heading out and such. so i think hes a good guy, and i still search the 935 website almost daily because of their products and prices..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Admittedly, some of the bigger shops can get you parts faster - but 935 (and MDC) manufacture and sell unique parts for the Mk3 that nobody else will invest any time or effort into. Gotta give him props for that.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
:2ar15:
supra90turbo said:
IMO you cannot give 935 a bad rep.
Yes I can, and that's from personal experience.....................I recommended to a friend that he buy from 935, his account was charged for the part, the part never materialized, the e-mails went unanswered, then a month and a half later he finally got a refund, mean while I'm caught in the middle of all the chit.............:2ar15: Not a good way of do business in my book.

Last edited:

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
well if it is only 2% bad ecperience then it is worh a shot there are always "A few people that got screwed" with every shop or store. that is just life. besides you cant go off half a story you need both sides to know what went wrong

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I always suggest checking lead times.

Some of my advantages are dealing direct with one person (no non informed employees, etc). I am very Canadian friendly, and can offer some of the best prices around.

Disadvantages would be that any time away from the computer will slow down response time. If you need a response within the hour, or quick updates, this will become a problem. I am always honest about leadtimes and will be glad to forward you to someone else if I can't get the part you need.

The complaints are often from the larger multi sourced orders in which some parts take longer then others, holding up the entire order. That, and blind special orders without previous contact. My contact phone is posted so nobody should have trouble reaching me at all.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
And the post from 935 him self seals the deal................. Worth dealing with now im off to see what i can spend some money on today hmm probly pick up another set of egr block off plates for my 87