Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm a bum and a drain on our economy

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Was employed, I can work right now because i was diagnosed with lichen planus, lupus and fibromaylgia...Its gotten into my spine and my hips...I also have to have my knee replaced...Hopefully once I get moved, and treatment started, i will finish my degree

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I was unemployed for 3 weeks. I picked up 2 PT jobs, a perfomance dyno tuning gig, and building drag cars gig...I consider myself VERY lucky...plus I am looking for a garage to rent becasue my side work has really picked up. GL to everyone. And I may reconsider going to school for mech engineering....

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Was unemployed just into the new year for about 4-5 weeks. Managed to pick up a job in the same trade (electrical) making more money so I cant complain too much.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Currently Unemployed/laied off. I have a 2yr degree I can't get a job with and I'm working on my BA in Accounting. There are zero jobs in this city, and more people getting laied off every day. I have however gone on a few interviews and been told I'm overqualified.:icon_evil

I am making a few bucks here and there with side jobs, and with what I sell on the interwebs.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Working full time here, but my boss asked if I would like to work a 9 day fortnight, for 8% less pay.

He said I deserve a pay rise, but he just can't afford it. Makes me wonder what would have happened if we kept on the staff whose work I have picked up... I managed to save him $250,000 in salaries in the last 12 months by taking on extra work and getting rid of those inefficiencies.

If those people were still here, I think the business would have gone bust, and the fact that I am in financial services means I would be looking for a job along with the thousands in the industry that have fallen victim to job cuts.

I am also VERY lucky that I was given the option. When I declined, he just asked that when I take a day off, that I maybe do so without pay.

I am thankful for everyday I get to come in here and work my butt off.

Last edited:

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
greg88;1270193 said:
You guys who are unemployed should give pizza delivery a shot. I work with a few older guys who deliver pizza as a supplement to security / guard duty jobs.

I did pizza delivery a few months ago. In this area, I was barely making enough to cover my gas. People around here don't tip well, when they tip at all. I was averaging about $20 for an 8 hour shift, sometimes less, even on the weekends. And at $6.00/hour, that was pretty much a waste.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Was working for Toyota - was even offered a job up in Monroe, MI - but had to decline because college classes started the same day they offered me the job.

Just a full time student looking for work in the TN area! &&& can't find shit!

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
thankfuly im employed, i was laid off a few times last year from the same place and then hired back. i closed on my house last year on 3/31 and went to work on 4/3 and they told me the bottom 46 people in seniority were getting cut, i was only 15 up from the bottom at the time. talk about wanting to throw up all over yourself.

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Currently employed at the same place for the past 3.5yrs. I work in the liquor/wine industry. When people are happy, they drink, sad, they drink, just blah, they drink, about to kill themselves, they drink.

I can't complain.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Currently re-employed at Sears. Left in August of 08 to work in an independent shop and was laid off in Nov of 08 then rehired in Jan of 09. Started working at Sears in Oct of 06. Worked various dead-end jobs most of my life since April of 1985 when I turned 16. Before that worked various odds and end jobs since 12.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Full time Electrical/Computer engineering student, with a 20hr/week computer Repair Job. Hopefully I'll be able to find more hours over Summer.