Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
anything going on any time soon? great news for me i just got a new job.in charge of huge ware house. so am probly going to be in the market for a 85 supra or celica. one with less work. really a clean body and interior. am wanting to put a 7m ge in it. my other supra is getting lowered.

jg_xsboost

ROLLTIDE
Apr 11, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
www.geocities.com
suprahero;1304733 said:
Sorry Kevin.........I'm on the R154 and you have the 258. I forgot about that. The 154 is definately stronger than the w58 and the 58 is definately smoother than the 154. You can buy 154's for about three hundred dollars where a v160 will cost you about twenty five hundred. Good luck either way and try to make it out to steele on sunday of the third. We'll be in trussville the second dynoing.

Suprahero,

Are you using the ACT Extreme? How long have you been running it at 500+ RWHP? Any time at the strip?

JG_XSBOOST

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
SupraNBama;1344193 said:
well back in the supra family again....just picked up a 1991 Non Turbo automatic for 100.00 that needs the headgasket replaced and interior put back together

need pics!!!!! are you going to do a swap or go na/t ?

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
ForcedTorque;1344224 said:
Not bad for $100!

+1 Hey you can use paint thinner to remove those scuffs on the bumpers it works wonders. If you need any 7m stuff let me know I have 3 engines and a ajusa gasket kit .Did it come with a dash?

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
Name: David
Year of car: 1986.5
Contact info: Same screen name on SupraForums, VWVortex, and aSpeed
City: from Fort Deposit, go to school at Auburn
Hobbies: the Supra of course, the GTI, mountain biking, racquetball, auto-x
Downgrades to your car: BHG...:icon_neut

I'll have to see if I can track down some pics...but I'll go ahead and warn you guys, it ain't pretty.

---
Year of car: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T
Upgrades to your car: Carbonio cold air intake, APR silicone turbo inlet pipe, Forge diverter valve, Black Forest Industries lower engine mount, Audi TT short-shift linkage.
In the mail: VR6 clutch and PP with lighter single mass flywheel
Future upgrades (not definite, but very likely): APR ecu flash, 3" turboback exhaust, Koni coilovers, upgrade sway bars,
Other possible upgrades: bigger side mount intercooler, water/meth injection, R32 all around brake upgrade, camber plates, and LSD.

---
The Supra has been in the family for about 7 years, and I am just now getting to the point where I have the money, time, and confidence to bring it back to life. I'll most likely be bringing it back in NA form with a new block and maybe a MHG. I don't plan to make big power with it, I just want to be able to drive it again.

The GTI is my DD/auto-x fighter/occasional track day car. I think it is very well suited for an all around car. It may not be excellent in one particular thing, but it does it all very well.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys in the near future.

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
dogdrake;1344810 said:
Welcome ,David looking forward to meeting you . What part of AL. are you from?

Fort Deposit...about 30 miles south of Montgomery on I-65. If you've ever stopped at a gift store called Priester's Pecans on your way to the beach, that's Fort Deposit.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Glad you are here David! Now we have an official Supramania Preisters distributor:evil2:

If done right, there is no need for a metal head gasket on an N/A motor. You can't make enough power on an N/A to be a problem for the stock gasket. Just torque it to 72 ft-lb instead of the 55 in the TSRM.

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
ForcedTorque;1345034 said:
Glad you are here David! Now we have an official Supramania Preisters distributor:evil2:

If done right, there is no need for a metal head gasket on an N/A motor. You can't make enough power on an N/A to be a problem for the stock gasket. Just torque it to 72 ft-lb instead of the 55 in the TSRM.

haha...I guess you've tasted the forbidden candies. :yumyum: That place will bring anyone's inner fat kid out in the open.

I'm so glad you said that about the MHG. So many people have jumped on the band wagon, and refuse to get off. I have an Ishino headgasket kit and ARP studs sitting at my parents house waiting for a block.

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
Scott the headgasket was given to me... Racerxj220 ::Jeff:: already had it laying around for the 7m :)...may as well use it...i know the n/a wont make that much power but it will be there for reassurance

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
hmmm...a free mhg would probably be an exception to my thinking. There is still a lot of PITA prep work involved, correct?