Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
suprahero;1297487 said:
Forced Torque is Scott, the one that I was referring too. I don't think he was doing anything but playing and hopefully all is well. He's actually almost as mature as I am, if not even more mature, and by that I mean I'm 38 years young and he's got to be very close to me if not leading.........:evil2:

Jay, I know you hate to lose, but I got you on this one. I'm either the same age as Mike, or a year older. I don't look or act as old as I am, but I damn sure feel it at times.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I was headed out to the Mustang 45th Anniversary Celebration @ Barber Motorsports this weekend. Ran up on a pothole on Rex Lake Rd just before the entrance to the track. They are grinding the road down for a re-pave. Where the grinding stopped and new pavement started, the lip was apparantely too much for my 5-Zigens to take. The right front and back are toast.

Bent Wheel.jpg
Bent Wheel tow job.jpg

Ouch.

will fight for

Apr 20, 2009
Birmingham
Name:jamie north 256-345-9437
Year of car:87-targa 5speed jdm7mgte
Contact info:fcfjamie@yahoo.com
City you live in:pelham alabama
Hobbies:MMA Guns Drinking Not at the same time lol
Upgrades to your car:jdm 7mgte swap MBC upgraded FMIC Greddy type rs BOV
starting to swap all that into an 88 silver hardtop and selling the 87 shell any takers:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome Jamie. Glad you found your way over here.

Ryan, that's brutal there. Is there nothing they will do for you? Seems like an awful big price to swallow because of construction work. Good luck with it either way.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
will fight for;1300586 said:
Name:jamie north 256-345-9437
Year of car:87-targa 5speed jdm7mgte
Contact info:fcfjamie@yahoo.com
City you live in:pelham alabama
Hobbies:MMA Guns Drinking Not at the same time lol
Upgrades to your car:jdm 7mgte swap MBC upgraded FMIC Greddy type rs BOV
starting to swap all that into an 88 silver hardtop and selling the 87 shell any takers:icon_bigg

Welcome Jamie! You should get pictures posted of both of your cars. What is wrong with the 87, and what are you looking to get out of it?

bhmsupra;1300267 said:
I was headed out to the Mustang 45th Anniversary Celebration @ Barber Motorsports this weekend. Ran up on a pothole on Rex Lake Rd just before the entrance to the track. They are grinding the road down for a re-pave. Where the grinding stopped and new pavement started, the lip was apparantely too much for my 5-Zigens to take. The right front and back are toast.

View attachment 28629
View attachment 28630

Ouch.

Looks like somebody (not naming any names) lowered tire pressure BEFORE
going to the track, instead of after showing up. Were we hunting some stang ass?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
With my parts being aftermarket and changed spring rate, do yall really think I have a leg to stand on with this issue and having the state or const company pay for it. There were no signs marking the construction area at all.

Opinions Please?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
No experience with it legally here. I'd say it can't hurt to investigate that. I might not stop looking into it at the first denial either. If that doesn't work, I'd also look into what 5-Zigen might do for you. Is there any type of warranty on them.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
There was a wheel guy at the speedforsale event did anyone get his card? Is the wheel cracked or was it just bent? A good wheel guy could probably fix it. Welcome, Jamie hope to see you at our next meet.

joeBPUsupra

Oct 6, 2008
fayetteville, nc
bhmsupra;1300267 said:

View attachment 28629
View attachment 28630

Ouch.

hey man, how have you been? sorry to hear about the rim. Yeah I would look into your issue and see if the construction company will pay you for the damages.

jrfn354

the Toy is boss
Apr 20, 2009
Madison, AL
Name: Aaron Omar
Year of car: 1986.5 w/ 7M-GTE
Contact info: aomar8@bellsouth.net (256)-606-8452
City you live in: Madison/Huntsville
Hobbies: working, guitar, hanging out, etc.
Upgrades to your car: Fidanza Flywheel

The damn thing ain't running yet. The engine is going in this week. Because this engine was a straight cutout, I'm having trouble routing some hoses. If anyone is in my area, please let me know. I'd like to see a running 7M-GTE to go by.

jrfn354

the Toy is boss
Apr 20, 2009
Madison, AL
ForcedTorque;1301622 said:
Welcome Aaron!

My engine is out right now, and I could take some pictures if need be. My vacuum lines are all red silicon, so they should show pretty good in pictures.

That would be great my friend. I'll be sure to get some pics up of the engine. You'll quickly see the pickle i'm in.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Everyone that can make it, please come out to the track and or dyno event. We need lots of imports. I know the domesticated ones are coming in bunches.

Pat, I don't know if you can legally get them to fix your rims or not, but I would definately pursue it. Good luck.

Welcome to all the new members. I'm in a hurry so this is short. Hope to see you guys around.

Kev95RR

Now "Kev93BB"
Apr 23, 2009
Trussville, Al
Name: Kevin G.
Year of car: 1995 NA RR 5pd targa
Contact info: KLGL007@aol.com or KLGL007 on AIM
City you live in: Trussville, Al
Hobbies: almost anything
Upgrades to your car: Tint, Alpine radio, otherwise stock and needin some TLC soon (repaint/interior)

Either a 2JZ-GTE swap or V160 swap with TT rear as early as this summer/fall, havent decided which would be best first. Any help would be great

Ill be at the dyno event in Trussville May 2nd, and maybe the drag competition on the 3rd just to watch. Wish my supra was a big single GTE but itll do for now, maybe one day lol

Hope to see a few of yall around!

p1303199_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Kevin G. Do you go to Jeff St.? I saw a red MKIV while I was doing some work over there. This car was turning left off of 75 to go up the road to Jeff St. It's only the second MKIV I've ever seen going down the road.
As for your choices, I'd definately go with a turbo set up over the six speed. You won't regret it.

Chuck, the dyno is behind Golden Rule's barbecue. It's on a little side alley. You won't be able to miss it because of all the cars that's going to be there.
I hope to see everyone there. I'm having a few issues with my car, but I hope to get them cleared up by then. I'm leaking gas out from under the back somewhere like you're pouring it out of a cup. I'm going to try and tackle that today.