Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My five speed has lasted for over three years on stock tranny and I've been making over 450 rwhp for that ammount of time. I'm currently making 552rwhp and it's working flawlessly.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
03bamaGT;1304205 said:
I will most likely be at the meet...hehe.

See you there Ryan. I'm having problems with my car at the moment, but I hope to have them all sorted out by this weekend.

Kev95RR

Now "Kev93BB"
Apr 23, 2009
Trussville, Al
suprahero;1304145 said:
Kevin G. Do you go to Jeff St.? I saw a red MKIV while I was doing some work over there. This car was turning left off of 75 to go up the road to Jeff St. It's only the second MKIV I've ever seen going down the road.
As for your choices, I'd definately go with a turbo set up over the six speed. You won't regret it.

Yup that'd be me! been going there for over a year now. I havent come across any other supras yet its depressing lol

Yea i guess going turbo sounds like the way to go. I want to make sure its the right thing to do first. Ive heard of a couple different set ups producing 400-500hp on a 5spd. Some say it handles it fine, then some say theyve been through a couple. Then agan maybe it has to do with how the person drives it? or just a lucky tranny? Just gonna have to take it easy on the W58, then eventually running V160. Appreciate the feedback guys.

Last edited:

Kev95RR

Now "Kev93BB"
Apr 23, 2009
Trussville, Al
suprahero;1304579 said:
My five speed has lasted for over three years on stock tranny and I've been making over 450 rwhp for that ammount of time. I'm currently making 552rwhp and it's working flawlessly.

wow very nice. makes me feel better lol. saw your running a ACT extreme clutch and pressure plate how does it feel on the foot? I was thinking going towards ACT between the GTE and 5spd you think that would be the best route? Really dont plan on going much above 400 on 93.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry Kevin.........I'm on the R154 and you have the 258. I forgot about that. The 154 is definately stronger than the w58 and the 58 is definately smoother than the 154. You can buy 154's for about three hundred dollars where a v160 will cost you about twenty five hundred. Good luck either way and try to make it out to steele on sunday of the third. We'll be in trussville the second dynoing.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
How about pictures of my motor that I just pulled with everything in place....out of the car where you can see it. I'm not sure when I can post them, but sometime over the weekend. It'd probably be tomorrow or Sunday.

jrfn354

the Toy is boss
Apr 20, 2009
Madison, AL
ForcedTorque;1308777 said:
How about pictures of my motor that I just pulled with everything in place....out of the car where you can see it. I'm not sure when I can post them, but sometime over the weekend. It'd probably be tomorrow or Sunday.

Are you anywhere near the area?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
jrfn354;1309171 said:
My problem at the moment is hoses. I'm not sure which ones connect to the accordian hose.

I'm in the Mobile area. The accordian is pretty simple. The AFM goes on one end, with the connector facing inward toward the block. Then it connects to the turbo. Then, you have the three PVC hoses, and they should be pre-formed. One comes off the BOV and goes to one of the forward holes. The other front one goes to the PVC pipe in front of the 3000 pipe. The one furthest from the turbo connects to the PVC pipe closer to the AFM. Then there is a little vacuuum tube on the bottom. A vacuum hose runs fron there to a little fitting on the back of the power steering pump below. Hook it on the post that is closest to the fender.

jrfn354

the Toy is boss
Apr 20, 2009
Madison, AL
ForcedTorque;1309195 said:
I'm in the Mobile area. The accordian is pretty simple. The AFM goes on one end, with the connector facing inward toward the block. Then it connects to the turbo. Then, you have the three PVC hoses, and they should be pre-formed. One comes off the BOV and goes to one of the forward holes. The other front one goes to the PVC pipe in front of the 3000 pipe. The one furthest from the turbo connects to the PVC pipe closer to the AFM. Then there is a little vacuuum tube on the bottom. A vacuum hose runs fron there to a little fitting on the back of the power steering pump below. Hook it on the post that is closest to the fender.

Unfortunately, the engine I bought was CUT out of a car. The stock blowoff valve and PCV hoses are gone completely.

jrfn354

the Toy is boss
Apr 20, 2009
Madison, AL
By the way, I have a W58 transmission and driveshaft for sale. $300 for the tranny and $50 for the driveshaft. If anybody in the area is interested, let me know.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
It's May and no one wants to call it? We need to have a supra meet????

Here is an offer... Someone team with me and we can collaborate? That way if it is a success by in large, we can share the kudos. No idea is a bad idea.

Anybody?

Crickets?

The Alabama group "on this thread" is 3x the size as last year so a decent meet / turnout should be a peice of cake.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
jrfn354;1309628 said:
Unfortunately, the engine I bought was CUT out of a car. The stock blowoff valve and PCV hoses are gone completely.

Where is Madison? If you came here (Mobile county), I have a BOV and enough PCV piping I could give you and a friend 1 of each and still have 3 times as many as I need.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
^^^ am pretty sure its south huntsville. as many supra as i've been seeing around the huntsville area. we should have a meet here.