shitty mpg

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
The gas gauge is a float in a egg shaped tank. It slows decent near the middle.

I get around 20mpg being nice, beat on it and I lose track. If I slipped under 12mpg I would have noticed.

Boostin' at 10 psi here and there hwy never made that big of difference. The ride itself because you can, that justifies 15 mpg.

Fill up and reset you're odometer then see how many gallons to fill. You must fill but don't overfill.

91 1jz

Aug 14, 2012
branson mo
Think i figured it out the filter to the turbo had a big gap in it and was sucking in way too much air causing the car to run rich and burn gas since i closed the gaps the car runs and drives even smoother well see how it is now

91 1jz

Aug 14, 2012
branson mo
I have a specrure air filter that comes off my turbo and it had quit big gaps in it sucking in too much air car does run better idles better

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Daily-Life-GIFs-17-Sarcastic-Clapping.gif

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
I have seen a trend going on for a while with some supra owner's esspecially mk3. However, I think i'm to leave that comment for another day. Good job on the ummmm filter catch...

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
This thread makes me realize that I get horrible gas mileage! I cant get better than 15 around town. Last trip which was a couple of years ago, go me 24
which was spot on with my NA. I have a 57 trim turbo with 3" exhaust from the turbo. Stock injectors. CAI. One problem I do have is that I most of the time, unless
first start from cold, have to crank alot to get it to start. My NA isnt like that. And when it starts I smell a gas smell. Like its on the verge of flooding out. Any ideas
on what to look for? I also did the lexus coil upgrade hoping that would help but it didnt. Changed the plugs within the last 500 miles.

91 1jz

Aug 14, 2012
branson mo
Car seems to be doing better on gas now guess it was sucking in too much air now its hard to stay off it lol runnin so much better

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1869118 said:
I think he means it was venting metered air..?
But that would cause it to run rich, causing worse mileage... Hard to say what he means it seems.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Orion ZyGarian;1869118 said:
I think he means it was venting metered air..?

How is that possible aside from under postive pressure? When it does, it is accompanied by a code 34 for abnormal turbo pressure. You can't "vent" anything on an engine in vacuum. Atmosphere pushes in.