Shipping to Canada

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Who has used UPS to ship to Canada? Ive read a few horror stories on line with additional customs fees etc.. that rival the cost of the product shipped. everything I try at USPS starts at $20 and goes up. Even envelopes for a measly 5 lbs. Any body have any suggestions on how to get things to Canada for less?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
only use USPS.

you can read the sticky in the for sale section, but basically UPS charges a minimum brokerage fee, I think its $35 on anything valued at $50 or more.

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
usps is the way to go for sure. dhl isnt bad ethier . but i dont know if you can do that in the states.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yes, DHL is available pretty much everywhere.

I've been burned by UPS badly on several occasions. I've refused shipments because the extra fees they tacked on were more than the value of the shipment, in several occasions.

The sad thing is, UPS ground ends up costing about the same as FedEx next day, except it's freaking slow.

If you want it fast in Canada, use FedEx overnight. If you want it cheap, USPS.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
if who your shipping to lives near the boarder there are companys in many boarder towns that you can send packages to and have them picked up. When ever I order anything online I have it sent to Blaine Enterprises. Watch the tracking number online and when it shows up I cross the boarder and pick it up. Ive got my nexus card (trusted travelers program) so its not much time for me, but its well worth my time, even if I had to wait in the 2 hour line ups. Most the time they wont charge duty on smaller valued items. But you always save on brokerage