ShineAutoProject Rear Diffuser

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
doom26464 said:
Am i the only one who thinks it looks utterly stupid and totaly kills the look of the mk3?

Bro....it's underneath the car.

How could that "totally kill the look of the Mk3"?

As far as it looking stupid...it's like Forrest Gump said, "stupid is as stupid does".

Sounds like someone's having a bad day.

:icon_bigg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
doom26464 said:
Am i the only one who thinks it looks utterly stupid and totaly kills the look of the mk3?

Maybe you're talking about canards, not a splitter.

The splitter, I wouldn't mind. The canards, neh.

2a69z7m.jpg

3ymued2.jpg

3yo8lyf.jpg

4dq75eg.jpg

2f0g379.jpg

2lbhlxx.jpg

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
What exactly does a rear diffuser do? I looked it up and came up with this: The purpose of the diffuser is to allow the air that has been accelerated (so that its higher speed can produce a lower pressure) under the car to decelerate back to close to the same speed and pressure it was before the car ran into it. The better the diffuser works, the less drag the underwing produces.

didnt really understand it though, maybe im just retarded. :1zhelp:

Sorry guys, :nono:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
TuRbOdReAmZ87 said:
What exactly does a rear diffuser do? I looked it up and came up with this: The purpose of the diffuser is to allow the air that has been accelerated (so that its higher speed can produce a lower pressure) under the car to decelerate back to close to the same speed and pressure it was before the car ran into it. The better the diffuser works, the less drag the underwing produces.

For race cars: so that the car could go faster, by improving aerodynamics.

For us: so that the car looks like it could go fast. :naughty:

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
TuRbOdReAmZ87 said:

Nope you guys got it all wrong... it's supposed to prevent people from drafting behind you. :biglaugh: My guess anyway. :icon_razz

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's kinda like an airplane wing.

The front is blunt, like a MK3
The middle has a hi (lift) lo (not lifting) pressure area underneath
The end has a taper to smooth it out

This is the end of the wing, that is your flying A70..

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
doom26464 said:

Not that it kills, but I don't like it much. It's just too much, and doesn't fit right. IMO