Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lsx028.jpg

lsx038.jpg

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
I am kind of surprised that the F-body oil pan hung down as much as it did on your car IJ. The LS2 corvette pan has a 1" shorter sump so I am hoping it won't hang below the crossmember. The proof is in the pudding, thanks for the pics and info.

IJ. - Did you use the f-body accessories on your build? I don't have any accessories so I am looking at what will fit. IIRC you had the A/C in the stock position.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1848731 said:
I used a 2004 F Body pan in my Mk3.

MightyAl;1848759 said:
@IJ What are you referring to when you say "2004 F body pan"? The F-body was discontinued in 2002, at least I thought it was.
This has me scratching my head as well... did you guys get F-body cars down there? Here they were done in 2002.

MightyAl;1848805 said:
The LS2 corvette pan has a 1" shorter sump so I am hoping it won't hang below the crossmember.
Dry sump a feasibility for your project? That will solve that clearance issue... especially in the wallet!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
MightyAl;1848805 said:
I am kind of surprised that the F-body oil pan hung down as much as it did on your car IJ. The LS2 corvette pan has a 1" shorter sump so I am hoping it won't hang below the crossmember. The proof is in the pudding, thanks for the pics and info.

IJ. - Did you use the f-body accessories on your build? I don't have any accessories so I am looking at what will fit. IIRC you had the A/C in the stock position.
I used all 2005 Holden accessories on mine, same model year as the L98 engine I bought.

te72;1848858 said:
This has me scratching my head as well... did you guys get F-body cars down there? Here they were done in 2002.

Dry sump a feasibility for your project? That will solve that clearance issue... especially in the wallet!
I'd have to double check but almost certain it was a 2004 F Body pan, got it out of a dealer in AZ.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Very strange, but I suppose it's possible GM used the F-body chassis for other cars... perhaps it's what Holden used on the Monaro (US Pontiac GTO)? Then again, if that were the case, you probably would have just bought locally...

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
te72;1849222 said:
Very strange, but I suppose it's possible GM used the F-body chassis for other cars... perhaps it's what Holden used on the Monaro (US Pontiac GTO)? Then again, if that were the case, you probably would have just bought locally...

GTO pan is completely different then the F-body pan.

I am still disappointed all those build posts disappeared. There was a lot of good information there.

10SecondC

Jun 19, 2012
north
This has been a great read so far. I have been toying with the idea of a genIII Hemi and a tr6060 in mine. Need to see if the engine bay is wide enough. Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
10SecondC;1851377 said:
This has been a great read so far. I have been toying with the idea of a genIII Hemi and a tr6060 in mine. Need to see if the engine bay is wide enough. Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Mopar Small Block?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Greg

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
The mopar small block would probably be an easy swap too thinking about it, with the r154 being basically the same as an ax15 i bet there is a bell housing to make it bolt up. i don't know enough about them to know if they would actually fit or not lol. i had to pass on the lt1 i was looking at, and my dd died so I bought a 99 tahoe. my build is on hold indefinitely in the meantime i'm gonna continue with restoring the body and interior. Good luck with your builds everyone :)

10SecondC

Jun 19, 2012
north
Greg55_99;1851507 said:
Mopar Small Block?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Greg
Nah.....Gen 3 Hemi.......stock 6.1 is 425hp/420 tq.......cam in that will put it over 500. Just gotta see if it fits between the shock towers. Only weighs 40 lbs more than the stock turbo motor.
p1853789_1.jpg

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
10SecondC;1853789 said:
Nah.....Gen 3 Hemi.......stock 6.1 is 425hp/420 tq.......cam in that will put it over 500. Just gotta see if it fits between the shock towers. Only weighs 40 lbs more than the stock turbo motor.
p1855424_1.jpg

If a blown headgasket wasn't bad enough....

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
40 lbs heavier and a half mile wider :) i seriously doubt you could fit that thing into the engine bay of a supra without doing this 31342820016_large.jpg thats a pic of my favorite dodge stealth/ 3000gt ever, the VR440. I honestly thing that it would take that level of fabrication to install anything bigger than a smallblock motor into a supra

hachibill

Dec 20, 2010
florida
Anyone know what exhaust manifolds might work or atleast be close to fitting? I heard something about stock ctsv's fitting, but i need something with better flow than a stock cast iron manifold.. I was going to use the r154, but i ended up finding a t56 so plans have changed. Ill start a build thread when i start fabbing up mounts and such.

Here are a couple of mock up motor next to an r154..
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

hachibill

Dec 20, 2010
florida
Thanks for the info. ouch on the jtr stuff. Ill just make my own for that price. I might try just getting the cheap ctsv long tubes and modding them to work. Im sure the cast iron would fit, but again i have a built motor with big solid cam, those prolly wont flow enough.

v8nova64

Nov 18, 2012
!!
hi AS far as i understand from reading the novak adapter, fj cruiser clutch disc, pontiac solstice slave cylinder, regular GM bellhousing is needed. But what flywheel, pressure plate and pilot bushing is needed?

I think i read camaro pressure plate i have one from a t5 v8 camaro would that work?

If you can help me out that would be great. I will be using an Lq4 or Lq9 for my engine. Also I currently have a t5 from an 86 camaro installed so i already have the master cylinder from the camaro mounted and everything. I am curious to know if this would work with the solstice slave. I would rather not change the master if i dont have to dont want to mess around with brackets and such.

also is there anyway i can make the novak adapter. I have access to a cnc mill and plasma along with pretty well any other machine tools. does anyone have a cnc file or template? or is anyone selling the adapter cheap!

Hope u guys can help