Saw a MKIII at an autocross today! w/ a few pics

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Oh how jealous I was of his brakes. Only a few pictures of it sitting. He said he was having problems with a clogged fuel filter so he only got one run in ( which I missed ).

p1025873_1.jpg

p1025873_2.jpg

p1025873_3.jpg

p1025873_4.jpg

I guess this is before my time as a MKIII owner even, but the Brembo kit was sold by Stillen back in the day. That's just bad ass.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
TaSe;1026065 said:
holy hell 3k for front brakes ... looks good tho.

Thats what I thought. 3K for 13" front brakes or $2400 for 14inch front brakes.

OR

$1200 for 13" front brakes and less than $1700 for rears.

OR

6 Piston 13" front brakes.

All that and my competition still has a stock icon sized image and I wonder if the guy that picks up the phone can recommend any help in the way of assembling them or any experience with bedding them in or has any experience with them on the track or street or has even seen them installed on a MKIII supra ever.

If you ever have any questions about my stuff dont hesitate to call, I am a real person with real experience with my products, with dozens of customers on this and other sites with sales in over a dozen countries.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
arz;1026105 said:

OR

OR

All that and my competition still has a stock icon sized image and I wonder if the guy that picks up the phone can recommend any help in the way of assembling them or any experience with bedding them in or has any experience with them on the track or street or has even seen them installed on a MKIII supra ever.

If you ever have any questions about my stuff dont hesitate to call, I am a real person with real experience with my products, with dozens of customers on this and other sites with sales in over a dozen countries.

Well, I still know you make kick ass stuff :).

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I asked him if he was on them but said he only looked. He doesn't have a computer at the moment. Seemed like a cool dude though. Maybe I'll get some video next time he comes up.

He motivated me to build my 87 stripped shell into a race car sooner then later.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
arz;1026105 said:

OR

OR

Or reduce the weight of your car for free. Way over priced.

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
The Stillen Kit is not really that overpriced the calipers cost the about 600 a piece and the Rotors are about 3 hundred each they are Brembo F50 calipers and DBA 5000 series Rotors. The Brembo caliper while not the best is better than the 4 or 6 piston wilwood caliper and the DBA Rotors are not even comparable to the wilwood rotors or the colemen Rotors used in the percision wilwood kit. I worked For Stillen for 2 years and trust me that makes me the least Bias possible nobody like it there or really anything about it but, there brake division has over 100 years of combined experience in all different background and they pretty much talk about Rotora, Stoptech, Ksport and wilwood as being third tier quality and thats putting it lightly With brembo being a step up , and top of the line being AP and Alcon being top of the line. Also this bost is poorly written at best and I'm aware of that. I'll try to post some pictures of my Stillen Brembo kit soon and im currently trying to have Stillen Retro fit the kit to use a 4 piston AP caliper . that would be a better performing lighter Kit and from what i recall in pricing would drop by ruffly 1000 dollars to about 2000 ish retail. Also if anybody is really interested in a Stillen brembo kit contact any shop you know and have them contact stillen they whole sale that kit at 1950$ and all you need is a valid wholesale permit relating to the automobile industry to get it at that price

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
Originally Posted by arz View Post

OR

OR

Arz Just read your post Did not see it at first, and your way right about a few things. Phone tech support they have is some of the best in the industry, it used to be me, I didnt know crap but i would find out and i would get back to people as fast as i could but there knowledge base on supra installs is long forgotten they sold 6 kits by my count and not one in the last 6 years. They do have pretty good instructions and bed in instruction for the dozens of bad options they have Hawk Pagid Mintex. And also Im my first post I didnt mean anything negative about your kits i was more or less trying to say the Stillen kits cost alot for a reason. I really like your kits and think its a service to the supra community that you make them and in a price point that a few might get sold. Like i said stillen sold 6 in over 15 years because thier very expensive. Anyways to end the rambling post i would like to ask if anybody else thinks its weird that 4 out of 6 of the kits went to NA's?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Nick M;1027155 said:
Or reduce the weight of your car for free. Way over priced.
My kit weighs quite a bit less than the stock kit does already

miekedmr;1027250 said:
Yea I really couldn't figure that post out either but I figured I would give a stab at answering it.

blk91;1028661 said:
I really like your kits and think its a service to the supra community that you make them and in a price point that a few might get sold. Like i said stillen sold 6 in over 15 years because thier very expensive.
Thanks for the compliments, I have only sold about 40 sets in over a dozen countries in less than 2 years. LOL
blk91;1028661 said:
Anyways to end the rambling post i would like to ask if anybody else thinks its weird that 4 out of 6 of the kits went to NA's?
Yea that is odd.