Saw a MKIII at an autocross today! w/ a few pics

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
From what I know after a given date they switched the F40 Caliper to a F50 caliper. I believe there is no difference between the to other than piston diameter in the F50 being slightly larger. Also a Fun fact about braking is the big brake concept was pioneered by Stillen and is why they stopped using Brembo in the early 90's Stillen Ordered a ton of calipers from Brembo telling them they were going to make street car retrofit kits. Brembo said it was stupid and nobody would buy them. After they sold a few dozen kits, mostly for suburbans and tohoes. Brembo said they wanted the rights to make the kits and would pay 100k for all the R&D work for the kits Stillen had made. Stillen basically laughed at them and told them to take a walk. And Brembo stopped selling parts to stillen period for about a decade. But becasue of this Stillen uses AP now that are better in every way and cheap. the end......oddly enough i think i read that off a magazine artical posted in stillens restroom wish i still worked there

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
come down to louisville and you can see a mk3 autocross once a month rolling up everyone in the street tire open class (regional class only)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
arz;1026105 said:
Thats what I thought. 3K for 13" front brakes or $2400 for 14inch front brakes.

OR

$1200 for 13" front brakes and less than $1700 for rears.

OR

6 Piston 13" front brakes.

All that and my competition still has a stock icon sized image and I wonder if the guy that picks up the phone can recommend any help in the way of assembling them or any experience with bedding them in or has any experience with them on the track or street or has even seen them installed on a MKIII supra ever.

If you ever have any questions about my stuff dont hesitate to call, I am a real person with real experience with my products, with dozens of customers on this and other sites with sales in over a dozen countries.

I already had your company in mind :)

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
That is the " Kirk Wagner " 's Supra - track video here

He is not only fast on high speed tracks such as Autobahn ,but also performing quote well on low speed autoX(s). Just to give you an idea - Albert (who was 2 years in a row champion in his SCCA class) with a fully AutoX prepped E36 M3 had a really hard time beating that MK3 on a low speed AutoX in Maywood last year.IIRC out of 6 runs the M3 was faster than that Supra only once (Audi event => both running full slicks in the X group)...

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
SupraOfDoom;1055977 said:
That's a sweet video.

BTW Did you get any info in his suspension modz? He must be superLighWeight to corner like that on the Autobahn considering the fact that his front camber is approaching Zero;) - without any real access to forums I wonder how he setup his car after so many years of trial and error:)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
There were a bunch of things that totally escaped my mind when I talked to him. I was telling him about S2's CF doors and stuff since he wanted his light. He took my number if he was racing around here but I haven't got a call yet. I will ask him more questions if I see him again.

He said is motor was pretty much stock. He used to have a huge turbo kit, which i guess he isnt running anymore.

*EDIT* Also he and some friends make custom cages.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
SupraOfDoom;1056052 said:
There were a bunch of things that totally escaped my mind when I talked to him. I was telling him about S2's CF doors and stuff since he wanted his light. He took my number if he was racing around here but I haven't got a call yet. I will ask him more questions if I see him again.

He said is motor was pretty much stock. He used to have a huge turbo kit, which i guess he isnt running anymore.

*EDIT* Also he and some friends make custom cages.

Just googled him ,and it appears that he is usually attending most of the SCSCC events since ... 2004 or so. He set a best of the day in maywood 2 weeks ago as seen here and they will be back in mayWood in 2 weeks ,so I'll be there and besides setting the worse time of the day :sarcasm: could meet him:)

If he is doing custom caging and he did his cage right ... and by right I don't even mean the GroupA Cage (where it looks like that Toyota was caging some McPherson AE86:aigo:) ,but I rather mean something more like the DTM MA70 as seen here

Colt

Jul 21, 2008
Chicago Burbs
Thanks everyone for all the nice things you have said about my car and driving. Some of it is a little exagerated I only beat my buddy in his focus by 0.6 sec and at some events I drive my buddys Cobra roadster that is very fast and 2500 lbs. The supra has been down recently due to a bad air flow meter, thanks lord digital for all your help diagnosing the problem.
My friend and I do have a company building custom roll cages, TKO motorsports. We are currently building a AMC Spirit road race car for a customer, sould turn out very cool, we built a Cobra roadster with a 32 valve all aluminum 4.6, this is the car I co-drive occasionally it is very fast, many times this car is FTD at events, we built my car and the impovements we have made are dramatic. in 2006 at ACC south I ran 1:42.xxx last year I ran 1:38.3 both on slicks from a standing start. The car is much lighter and very stable in high speed turns, recently I added a Cusco diff I should pick up some time this year as I was haveing trouble putting the power down on exit (one-wheel-wonder). I will be doing some testing this Monday at ACC.
SCSCC has an event a the Tire Rack AUg. 2, Saturday It would bee cool if there were a few MKIII out there hope to see you, I think it is on My Auto Events.
Hope to meet you at the Track!!
Kirk Wagner AKA Falken Punch