San antonio

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i purchased an extra cps pigtail if anyone wants it.
also got a new lex maf sensor so ill be giving yours back soon rufus.
im currently driving the supra most of the time and the list seems to get longer and longer on maintenance haha

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Lol not often but I'm driving the supra full time again so I was thinking about you guys. Going to check my valve clearance today and get rid of my damn egr cooler so I hope you still have the bag of shims we got together haha

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
This is some of the things we did on our last vacation. We went to Europe and stayed in Jabeek, Netherlands. We then tried to see some sites within the three weeks we were there. Saw some good stuff, and missed some good stuff. Just wasn't enough time. You really have to be there minimum two months to take it all in. Next time out there I'll try to do more in Germany, and take a visit to Greece. Here's some things we did in no particular order.
P.S. I didn't get to drive the Nurburgring either. That was in the plans, but fell through. Sucks, that's on my bucket list and I didn't get to do it.

This was our first excursion while in Netherlands. Drielandenpunt park where Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands borders come together. It's also the place where its Netherlands highest elevation point in the country. Hiking, biking, garden maze, observation tower to view all three countries, dining, gift shops and other things to do there. It was nice.

View attachment 78437 View attachment 78438

We went to Cologne Germany to visit the Cathedral. I can't seem to upload a pic right now. There was so much I wanted to see in Germany, but running around the other countries didn't allow us to get deep into Deutschland. We visited a couple small towns and a micro brewery along the border of close to Netherlands. The same with Belgium. Just visited a couple of towns and a small brewery.

Stonehenge.
stonehenge.jpg

Eiffel Tower
eiffel1.jpg

Waiting to board the elevator.
eiffel2.jpg

I believe this was on the second floor.
eiffel3.jpg

View from the top of the Tower. It was beautiful up there.
eiffel4.jpg

Arc de Triomphe
arctriomphe.jpg

The Louvre
louvre.jpg

More pics to come. I'm a little tired right now.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
We just went sight seeing in London. We didn't go into any attractions or museums. It was still nice. Also went to Bristol, and saw the world's first suspension bridge. Ate fish and chips in a park overlooking it. There wasn't much I really wanted to do in England. I'm sure there's tons of stuff to see there. I did want to see William Shakespeare home, but we didn't have much time there.

Big Ben
bigben.jpg

Buckingham Palace
buckingham.jpg

Hanging out at the Tower Bridge
towerbridge.jpg tb2.jpg

Attachments

• bristol.jpg
    bristol.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Italy was very nice. We stayed in Florence to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Afterwards we had a nice Italian dinner overlooking the Tower. Florence was nice too. Unfortunately we didn't get to the Michelangelo's statue of David while we were there. We were on a tight schedule and didn't book tickets in advance to the museum. Otherwise we would be waiting in line for hours just to get in, and didn't want to do that. Maybe next time. Leaving Florence for Rome was a very nice drive through the hills of Tuscany.
Rome was a nice and very busy city. You have to drive very defensively there. Lots to see there. Food was excellent, site were amazing. Went to Vatican Museum to see his paintings in the Sistine Chapel. There's tons of other artwork to see there. Went to the Colosseum. Very neat. Saw many other sites.

Pisa

pisa1.jpg

Top of the Bell Tower
pisa2.jpg pisa3.jpg lean.jpg

Vatican City

vatican.jpg

Colosseum

colosseum1.jpg colosseum2.jpg

Fountain Trevi

trevi.jpg

Pantheon

pantheon.jpg

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
My favorite part of our trip was staying and driving through Switzerland. This was just a resting place travelling to Italy. We did manage to go site seeing where we stayed, but had no intention on making it a destination. I'm sure there are very nice things to see there as well, but again... time constraints. My favorite part was driving through the Alps on Gotthard, Furka, Grimsel, and Susten passes. I once saw this article on jalopnik.com http://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-greatest-road-actually-sucks-here-are-fo-944904488 and told myself one day I will drive through here. I originally wanted to drive Stelvio but saw that article and gunned for that one. No, I didn't drive it in a Porsche, or Ferrari but I did it for the view. Plus I was with my family and I didn't want to risk running off the road with them. We still had a great time hanging above the clouds. Had a snowball fight with my son with that leftover slushed ice. I'll never forget that. Maybe next time I'll drive Stelvio, but from what I gather it's more a pain of an ass to get through and might not enjoy it as much.

alps1.jpg alps2.jpg alps3.jpg alps4.jpg alps5.jpg alps6.jpg

We also hung out at some place in the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium. All in all we had a good time. There's just too much to see and not enough time to do it. We will go back someday soon. There was alot I wanted to see and didn't get to. The things we did see we really enjoyed. Cheers.

Last edited:

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
I found on shim that was out of spec and I have one bucket that spins when it says it shouldn't. I can only think the valve is stuck or the spring is dead

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
so ive been running with a bad tps for who knows how long. car runs damn decent without it. thank you rufus for your tools to adjust my cam!
i uninsured the supra 3 days to getting it running haha priority's change

who needs parts? i may have some oem stuff.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Hi there everyone. This is unrelated to what other people have been asking and talking about lately on this thread, but just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello! I am also new to San Antonio (just moved here from Portland, OR) and would love to make some contacts/meet up with other Supra owners in the area. I have an 89 ice blue pearl Supra, that's kind of ugly. Still 7m powered! Anyways, I have been looking for someone to help me tune my car (I've got nothing fancy like a standalone or anything, she is just mildly modified with an Apexi Neo) but haven't been able to find anyone in the area who knows supras. Anyone who could point me in the direction of a shop (or a person who works on the side who would be willing to teach me...paid, of course!) would be amazing. Or, anyone who just wants to meet up and say hello and talk Supras is cool too.

Thanks, and hello!
-Faye

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Faye;2091655 said:
Hi there everyone. This is unrelated to what other people have been asking and talking about lately on this thread, but just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello! I am also new to San Antonio (just moved here from Portland, OR) and would love to make some contacts/meet up with other Supra owners in the area. I have an 89 ice blue pearl Supra, that's kind of ugly. Still 7m powered! Anyways, I have been looking for someone to help me tune my car (I've got nothing fancy like a standalone or anything, she is just mildly modified with an Apexi Neo) but haven't been able to find anyone in the area who knows supras. Anyone who could point me in the direction of a shop (or a person who works on the side who would be willing to teach me...paid, of course!) would be amazing. Or, anyone who just wants to meet up and say hello and talk Supras is cool too.

Thanks, and hello!
-Faye

Hey Faye!

Let me be the first to welcome you to San Antonio! I too am 7m powered but running HKS electronics (alphabet soup). I like to go to meets every now and then but have been mainly doing cruises now; although i do still frequent the Cars and Coffee which is the larger more organized. Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime to talk cars or go on a cruise

Miguel