San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Whats up? I'm from San Antonio/San Marcos (1jzgte). The only guys I know from S.A. are rockpapersword (1jzgte) and san supra (7mgte). I saw in a Thread that you need a back window. Which one? I Have another supra (white) that I am parting out. I am also going to buy a 3rd This friday. LMK

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I'm from San Antonio, too.
I live in Northwest area near The Shops at La Cantera mall.
I drive 1986.5 Toyota Supra 7m-ge. Im looking for motor swap upgrade from 7m-ge to 7m-gte with twin turbo.

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1383580 said:
Whats up? I'm from San Antonio/San Marcos (1jzgte). The only guys I know from S.A. are rockpapersword (1jzgte) and san supra (7mgte). I saw in a Thread that you need a back window. Which one? I Have another supra (white) that I am parting out. I am also going to buy a 3rd This friday. LMK

Well ill be honest this is my first project car and im still learning how to do shit. Im looking to get the whole rear hatch with glass and all because i think that would be easier than cutting out the glass. But im glad to hear a couple of you guys are here in san antonio.

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
You guys probably wont see me driving around too much. i think i blew out some fuses and my interor lights and break lights dont work and i dont have a rear window but im glad their are some of you guys here. I live on the north side off of east evans road by 281.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Valverde;1383771 said:
I'm from San Antonio, too.
I live in Northwest area near The Shops at La Cantera mall.
I drive 1986.5 Toyota Supra 7m-ge. Im looking for motor swap upgrade from 7m-ge to 7m-gte with twin turbo.

Me and a couple of guys from S.A. want to have a little get together you in?

I've never heard of anyone doing a twin turbo 7m-gte. Do you mean the 1jz-gte thats a twin turbo?

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
S.A. supra;1384371 said:
Me and a couple of guys from S.A. want to have a little get together you in?

I've never heard of anyone doing a twin turbo 7m-gte. Do you mean the 1jz-gte thats a twin turbo?

7m-gte with twin turbo. It is doable. Need to have a custom build intake manifold and there is a twin turbo manifold for 7m-gte at e-bay.$$$ Here is a picture of 7m-gte with twin turbo
p1384384_1.jpg

His name is Yannis440. I think he is a member of Supramania. I don't know him but i stumbled into his picture when I googled 7m-gte with twin turbo.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Valverde;1384384 said:
7m-gte with twin turbo. It is doable. Need to have a custom build intake manifold and there is a twin turbo manifold for 7m-gte at e-bay.$$$ Here is a picture of 7m-gte with twin turbo
p1384495_1.jpg

His name is Yannis440. I think he is a member of Supramania. I don't know him but i stumbled into his picture when I googled 7m-gte with twin turbo.

I checked it out pretty cool, but has to be very expensive,and lots of custom parts. looks like he makes a bunch of parts himself. he can weld his ass off. That is a nice fuel cell. So are you in on the get together?

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
Valverde;1384384 said:
p1384668_1.jpg

why dont you 2jz your car. It would be alot cheaper

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
S.A. supra;1384495 said:
I checked it out pretty cool, but has to be very expensive,and lots of custom parts. looks like he makes a bunch of parts himself. he can weld his ass off. That is a nice fuel cell. So are you in on the get together?

Sick ass engine. Depends on what day you plan on the get together. I work graveyard shift you know how that can be very tiring. I always get tired. I work as dorm staff. Why you got three supras? what you plan to do with them? Make money off parts?

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Taco;1384668 said:
why dont you 2jz your car. It would be alot cheaper

Don't you think? You are probably right about it. I will need to do my research about 2j2 in mk3. I like to keep american version of 7m-gte. Should I say 7m-gTTe?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Valverde;1385125 said:
Sick ass engine. Depends on what day you plan on the get together. I work graveyard shift you know how that can be very tiring. I always get tired. I work as dorm staff. Why you got three supras? what you plan to do with them? Make money off parts?
How does a friday or saturday sound? We are still just kicking the idea around.
1st one had a bhg. So instead of fixing it I bought a 1jz swaped supra. and parted out the other. Fixing to pick up a 87 turbo 5 speed tt for $500 on saturday, but if my bother in law wants it its his. It needs to be put back together. If it starts it will be a damn good deal.
Valverde;1385127 said:
Don't you think? You are probably right about it. I will need to do my research about 2j2 in mk3. I like to keep american version of 7m-gte. Should I say 7m-gTTe?
If you want to keep the 7m just have someone build up the 7m gte with mhg pistons rods ect..... Thats what san supra is doing. It will be a lot cheaper and easier the 7mgtte you were talking about or the 2jzgte swap.

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1385177 said:
How does a friday or saturday sound? We are still just kicking the idea around.
1st one had a bhg. So instead of fixing it I bought a 1jz swaped supra. and parted out the other. Fixing to pick up a 87 turbo 5 speed tt for $500 on saturday, but if my bother in law wants it its his. It needs to be put back together. If it starts it will be a damn good deal.

If you want to keep the 7m just have someone build up the 7m gte with mhg pistons rods ect..... Thats what san supra is doing. It will be a lot cheaper and easier the 7mgtte you were talking about or the 2jzgte swap.

hey im down for the meet but i blew my brake light fuse so i wont be able to take my car.

edrew

Aug 4, 2009
Texas
I came from SA but now I live in Pearland just south of H-town. Good luck with your ride. Bring it to the other guys hard.....

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
edrew;1387937 said:
I came from SA but now I live in Pearland just south of H-town. Good luck with your ride. Bring it to the other guys hard.....

Damn thats a nice car!

Any other guys from San Antonio want to get together? Anyone anyone.....

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
u know im down.
yall can look at pix of my car!

i will be rollin in my 85 22re pickup with a swangin exhaust(there's nothing but header bolts holding it on):nono:

we could all discuss november and see what we can do to get everyone there. Im willing to lend a hand after im done with my marathon build.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1389239 said:
u know im down.
yall can look at pix of my car!

i will be rollin in my 85 22re pickup with a swangin exhaust(there's nothing but header bolts holding it on):nono:

we could all discuss november and see what we can do to get everyone there. Im willing to lend a hand after im done with my marathon build.

Yeah thats cool bring your scrap book. LOL

When do you think you'll be done?

Where should we meet? any ideas?

So far we've got you, me, taco, rps, and satx88supra. The last one there is my brother in law.Y'all guys add him to your friends. He ended up keeping that 88 that we picked up last week for $500. We took it home put it together and she stated right up. I sent an invite to Suprapowaz!(2). He said his car has been down for years. But I told him he's still invite. so Thats a possible 6th. Valverde might come out. he works nights and might not be able to make it.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio

im trying to think of places that are in the middle of everyone(im thinkin NW side?) and a place that has an inside outside area.

chachos 410/Perrin Beitel
or a park, mac arthur park 410/Harry Wurzbach Rd
shit we should just go float down the comal and enjoy the .5in of rain we got.lol
any others?

Last edited:

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
san supra;1390073 said:

im trying to think of places that are in the middle of everyone(im thinkin NW side?) and a place that has an inside outside area.

chachos 410/Perrin Beitel
or a park, mac arthur park 410/Harry Wurzbach Rd
shit we should just go float down the comal and enjoy the .5in of rain we got.lol
any others?

i would make suggestions but i have only lived here for 2 months