San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm back from vacation. Went to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Badlands, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Arches Nat. park, Monument Valley, & Grand Canyon. We passed through a few other places in between and along the way. All of it was beautiful. We enjoyed it. I've always wanted to see these sites since I was a little kid. I finally did it.

Cadillac Ranch. It was neat.

Mt. Rushmore

Crazy Horse Memorial

Badlands

Devils Tower

Drove through Big Horn on the way to Yellowstone.

Yellowstone. There's lots to see there and we have tons of pics.

Grand Tetons

Made to stop in Moab, UT. There's alot more to Arches Nat. Park. There's more parks in the area, but we only visited this one.

Stopped by Monument Valley on the way to the Grand Canyon. This is where Forrest Gump stopped running.

Grand Canyon.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks. We had a great time. I would suggest picking just one place and making it a long relaxing vacation of it. We were constantly on the road going from one place to another. I don't mind the driving. I drove a total of 5672 miles on that trip.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
How long did that take? You did all that in a accord? I really like road trips but they are ass kickers. Nice pics you should of taken me with you.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
We left on the 19th, and returned Thursday night on the 30th. Most of it was touch and go. Once we saw the site it was time to move on. We stayed three days near Yellowstone and still didn't get to see all of it. There is just too much to see.
Yep, the ole Accord took it like a champ. That car averaged 34.6 mph traveling through the Rockies fully loaded. It was a pain in the ass to load/unload the car at every hotel stay, but we managed.
My co-workers thought I was crazy to do all of that driving. But that's what we do for a living... drive all day long. Instead of picking up rude ass passengers that smell like warm sour pickles and ass I was with my family. We did the same thing last year when we visited Washington D.C. and Niagara Falls. We drove the whole trip.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Next trip we want to fly into Las Vegas, and start our road trip from there. You need to get a town and country next time. I loved that mini van. I tried to convince devon to trade her jeep cherokee in for the town and country. We did 3700 miles in 7 days, and that was a lot. I think you are cut out to be a truck driver. Have you guys been to Carlsbad Caverns?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
We were looking into getting an Odyssey when we were buying our Accord. It would have been roughly $80/mo more. We should have gotten it.
Funny thing is we passed by Carlsbad Caverns on the way back home. It wasn't planned as part of our trip, so we didn't go. Plus it was on our last stretch home. We didn't even know it was on the way or else we would have planned it and stayed in Carlsbad. We stayed in Albuquerque and drove in 12 hours home. I would have cut that driving in half and went to the Caverns. Every time I think of Carlsbad I think of California not New Mexico.
Maybe next time. It's only a 6 1/2 hour drive. We can make a weekend out of it.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Oh, I thought it was a rental.

Carlsbad is a must! We actually went twice one was the general tour, and on the way back we did one of the other tours that took you to a different part of the cave.

We did Carlsbad on our way to Albuquerque. Spent the night there woke up did the sadia peak tram ride. Then next stop was vegas. Stayed there a couple of days did the hover dam. Took off to the grand canyon, pit stop in flag staff for some burgers then. Did the petrified forest, and painted desert. Continued on to Santee were we spent to nights then jumped it back to Carlsbad. Then back home. It was a ass kicker but fun for sure.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That's pretty cool. Last we did Hoover Dam we were in our late 20's. That's the last time we did Vegas too. We did stay in Flagstaff for our Grand Canyon trip. Then we stayed in Albuquerque, and boogied home from there.
How would you compare Carlsbad Caverns to *gulp* Natural Bridge Caverns? For the last two years we've been going to NBC annually, and my son loves it.

BTW, 3700 miles in 7 days is alot. Did you get any help driving? I sure as hell didn't. My family slept most of the drive and missed out of some of the most beautiful Rocky Mountain views.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Let me recalculate those miles , yeah that seems like a lot. I took a picture of the miles I'll see if I can find it. No I didn't get any help, but at least they didn't leave me hanging. We had a blast singing to the radio the whole time.

And not even fucking close. Not even in the same ball park! In some rooms people look like ants. Okay that may be a stretch. But if Lil Rufus like caves he won't want to leave that place. Absolutely amazing. ...... the big room could fit over 6 football fields in it. Over 8 acres. Just one room!

Updated miles. 3100. Longest trip was just under 800 miles.

Also there is a app called road trippers. It's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
No, didn't get the pass. I was doing reviews on having that pass, and some people were complaining that some parks still charged them a "parking" fee along with the pass. I didn't want to get it and be disappointed that we still had to pony up money at the parks. We would have saved $10 for our trip, and been able to do some more trips for the year. Maybe next time.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Awesome trip!

I got a new job because my job was feeling stagnant and i make better money doing oil changes. Doesn't makes sense to me either but the paycheck works for me lol

Ive done zero on my projects since i started work but that will change in a few paychecks