San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks for the heads up on the next meet. I'll try my best to make it out that day.
I was looking at the dyno results. RX8 put down 136hp & 128ft/lb!? What happened there? Did they stop at 5000rpm?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1961927 said:
Thanks for the heads up on the next meet. I'll try my best to make it out that day.
I was looking at the dyno results. RX8 put down 136hp & 128ft/lb!? What happened there? Did they stop at 5000rpm?

They took it to redline and he ran the car on the dyno 4 times and those were the best numbers he posted up. I think he couldnt believe it himself and thats why he ran it 4 times on there

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
OK, where you at? Lol

a4yvuvuq.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
So... I've been wanting to bump up my fuel pressure and retune the MAPECU. It's been raining everyday over here, but I'm not complaining. I also want to run a line straight from my turbo to the wastegate since I'm running what I think is a 12psi spring. I cranked the manual boost controller all the way down and this turbo spools and maintains 17psi to redline. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the boost controller, or the wastegate. I'll find out in the next coming days. What's up with you guys?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
I've got too much to do to this car with little time left to do it. For starters I finally ordered my new set of tires, after debating it a ton in my head (i can be very indecisive at times) I decided to go with the BF Goodrich KDWs; got them at Espino for a decent price although they had to order them and probably wont be in till Friday. I was going to try and finish putting in the rest of the leather in the car today after work but since its been raining and muggy all day it set me back and I got home late; tomorrow looks promising though. I also need to put in the single piece driveshaft, fix the A/C, intall the new double din radio, install the ceramic coated pulleys with new Gates belts, and rearrange all the HKS Electronics I've been neglecting on doing for a few months now. And if there is time(hopefully there is but im not too sure anymore) custom fit that MK4 TRD strut bar that has been collecting dust in my closet.

On a side note I passed by my friends house (it was literally a few houses down by a job i was at) and fixed his Subaru. The turbo inlet hose had slipped off and he never noticed it since it sits tucked underneath the intake manifold............... If only some of the things I need to do were that simple :aigo:

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Rufus, hopefully I'll be ordering the parts either today or on the 3rd (paydays lol). Actual installation will either be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening. I'll let you know in advance when I'm planning to do it, I'd love to have company lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Miguel, sounds like a lot of work. When are you headed out to Vegas? Do you need a hand with anything?
Evan, let me know when you're ready. I'll be busy the weekend of the 28th & 29th though.

Anybody going out to that drag mania event this weekend at San Antonio Raceway? There's a slim chance I might go.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1965833 said:
Miguel, sounds like a lot of work. Do you need a hand with anything?

It is indeed a ton of work especially when the car doesn't cooperate. For example this morning the damn thing didnt want to start.:nono: I can hear a click from the relay and the selenoid in the starter but the starter's motor doesnt engage; time for a new starter i guess. Good thing that its under warranty through Autozone, bad thing that they dont stock it and it could be 5 days before it comes in and to top it off I had to purchase it again in order for them to even place the order......... :3d_frown: I wouldn't mind the extra set of hands Rufus, just let me know when your free and you can swing on by. Ill be working on the car as much as possible after work and this weekend.

When are you headed out to Vegas?

The plan is hitting the road on the morning of the 1st since I have to be there by the 3rd in the afternoon and i want to have ample time to stop and rest if i get tired and a chance to clean up the car after i get there. I didn't like taking all 16 hours straight like I did last time; left me a bit groggy for the first day's events since i was running on little to no sleep.

Anybody going out to that drag mania event this weekend at San Antonio Raceway? There's a slim chance I might go.
I really want to check it out. I do like some reggae music, I've never been to a concert before, and I really like going to the drags. So in theory, this sounds like the perfect combination :biglaugh: Let me know if you do decide on going since I might be there as well

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
If you have to wait 5 days for a starter to come in then you might as well get one from Rockauto.com and save yourself some money. Does anybody else in town stock our starter? I'll call you and see about helping you this weekend.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Whats up guys? I havent been on here in awhile. I kinda stopped going to car meets a couple months ago. I was cruising to dallas to watch the mexican standoff drift event and I spun out on the highway in the rain and put my car down I bent two wheels and had some frame damage. So here I am now with my car almost back together again. I already replaced the two wheels, passenger side flca, pass side spindle, waiting on two new coilover brackets since both bent. In the accident I only hit the passenger side but somehow managed to bend the driver side spindle and coilover bracket also. I hope to be cruising again next week.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well, I got married last month.....

And you won't believe it but I got insurance, and registration last week. Today I'm gonna see if I can find someone to take care of my exhaust.