San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I meant MP5. I though you had a friend with one.

15304_Mazda-Protege5_2.jpg

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I've been letting my car relax for awhile to not have any issues for the cruise on Saturday and it seems like it back fired on me. It almost seems like a jealous girlfriend having a fit since I've been driving a different car for the past couple of weeks. I started her up today and the idle is fluctuating from 1k to 2k. I'm thinking its the ISC valve since after i shut the car down i can't hear it clicking. I hope i dont have to buy another one since not only will i miss the cruise but it sells for $360 at Rockauto; i'm going to take it apart and see if i can get it going.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1949820 said:
Does it continue to fluctuate after you unplug it when it's still idling?
Yeah it does but i saw on a previous post that unpluging it while the car is running will usually just keep it doing the same thing.

Suprapowaz!(2);1949832 said:
Miguel, jump on this shit! Get your ISC valve out of it, just pay for shipping. That's if he has one.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?180580-7M-GTE-engine-parts-Free!!!!!
Sent him a message, hopefully he does.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
1988ma70supra;1949856 said:
Yeah it does but i saw on a previous post that unpluging it while the car is running will usually just keep it doing the same thing.

If it keeps fluctuating while the ISC is unplugged it supposed to mean that it's not the ISC. Something else is making your idle fluctuate. If you unplug it and your fluctuating goes away then it is the ISC valve. That's what I gathered.

BTW, any luck with scoring that ISC from that guy in Dallas?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1950671 said:
If it keeps fluctuating while the ISC is unplugged it supposed to mean that it's not the ISC. Something else is making your idle fluctuate. If you unplug it and your fluctuating goes away then it is the ISC valve. That's what I gathered.

BTW, any luck with scoring that ISC from that guy in Dallas?

No luck with Dallas. I'm pretty sure its the ISC since once the engine warms up the fluctuating goes away and the idle sets on about 1500rpms. The more i drive the car it slowly starts to go back down to the normal 850rpms. I have also been checking to see if the ISC clicks once the engine is turned off and I'm getting nothing. For now the car is driveable and isnt giving me any real issues but im working on fixing the A/C and with out the ISC valve working correctly im sure im going to run into issues.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
S.A. supra;1950764 said:
Saw you at taco cabana yesterday.
I was having breakfast with this girl i'm sort of talking to.

I'm still driving the car since it seems to respond better to use than to be tucked away (it seems i bought the Maxima as a DD for no reason since it just sits there). The ISC is still not clicking when turned off but the idle is now down to the normal range full time. Even when the car is supposed to be cold in the morning, the car's idle sits flat on the 850rpm range and doesn't fluctuate at all. I know thats not normal either since its supposed to rise to about 1200 rpms when first turned on and gradually come down to normal idle rpms when its cold. The cold start injector is also causing the car to run pig rich at idle when cold. It's time to bite the bullet and buy that ISC already. I've checked several autoparts stores and Rockauto is the lowest with a price tag of $380, no one has it in stock so its going to have to get shipped anyway. Don't have too much more time to waste on debating anymore since October is right around the corner and the car needs to be ready to make the trip to Vegas :aigo:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
LAST MINUTE INVITE!! Second Friday of the month meet at Wommack Chevrolet going down today. I'll be rolling up there around 8:30 with the family in the Supra. As of now it's running good aside #1 cylinder is going on vacation pretty soon. I hooked up the MAP ECU and gave it a decent cruise tune to drive it around. I haven't messed with the boosted tuned yet, but everything in that range is pretty much fat. Anyway, I'll take pics and post them up probably this evening... or tomorrow.

Last edited: