San antonio

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1941342 said:
Well, that's bad news turned good. It's always a relief when you find small issues to be the problem. How was the Fast6 movie meet? Has that happened yet?
Yeah definately turning a frown upside down; hopefully nothing changes.

The meet was this past Thursday and wasn't as bad as I though it might have been. My friends Jetta and my car made a couple of pics on AllofSA.com and everybody seemed to behave for the most part. (mainly because of the cops being there to keep everyone in line, although a couple of guys did get tickets for driving too fast in between the parking lanes). There were people of all ages out there checking out the cars which was pretty cool :icon_bigg

.facebook_-186569746.jpg

.facebook_-201470617.jpg

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Lol, wasn't me. I'm off on Saturdays. I'm curious to see who that was though. I wonder if that person is still employed.

Miguel, you weren't kidding about people of all ages checking out the cars.

BTW, the "also go spurs go" text is Photoshopped. Once the "call police" sign has been activated nothing else would be displayed. Just a fun fact there.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1941472 said:
Lol, wasn't me. I'm off on Saturdays. I'm curious to see who that was though. I wonder if that person is still employed.

Miguel, you weren't kidding about people of all ages checking out the cars.

BTW, the "also go spurs go" text is Photoshopped. Once the "call police" sign has been activated nothing else would be displayed. Just a fun fact there.

Yeah this guy was around the Quarry area; he at least ruined an older bus and not the new cool ones. I figured it was probably photoshopped but thought it was pretty funny never the less. There are several other crazy photos of what people were doing in the flood.

.facebook_1821882346.jpg
Thats 281!!

Chuntaro.jpg

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
I ran into the MK1 Supra again; the same one from the Quarry but this time he was over by my neck of the woods. I went to Autozone to get a few things since i was changing the exhaust on my friends Subie(the up pipe was a royal pain in the ass by the way that required to raise the engine from the car :aigo:) and on my way back the MK1 flew passed me, then slowed down. He pulled up next to me and told me he spotted me on the highway and had booked it to catch up to me. He wanted to check out each others rides and talk cars for a bit so we pulled over at a gas station. He had swapped in a 6M into his Supra and it looked pretty good. The car sounded clean and was well kept in and out. He was with a few other guys that were also working on their Supras, they were on their way to Pick N Pull when they spotted me. One of them has a white MK2 and the other a white MK3 that are a work in progress. They seemed pretty cool, and they told me they lived over by the east side of town. I swapped numbers with them so now if we get a Supra meet going we can have all generations in the pic :eek3dance

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
By the way; they are having a special at Autozone for for the month of June, 5 quarts of Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic and the Mobil 1 Filter for $33 :nuts: !!! Thats a steal since each quart is usually around $9 each and the filter $11-12 depending on the store. Just thought I'd share for any of you guys that are using synthetic oil and wanted to take advantage

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That is a good deal. I've been using conventional oil since the rebuild and don't know if using synthetic will benefit me now. I only have roughly 6000 miles since rebuild.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1943222 said:
I went to walmart today to get oil & filter. I saw that mobil 1 full synthetic is $22.47 for a 5 quart jug. http://www.walmart.com/browse/car-c...torOil&fromPageCatId=1104294&catNavId=1104294

Castrol full synthetic was the same price for a 5 quart jug too. Now that's a good deal.

Damn that is a good deal; the extended performance Mobil 1 from the Autozone special is also at a good price $26.97.(http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Extended-Performance-10W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/17128878) Although that is without the Mobil 1 filter which is usually another $10.

Now that were on the oil subject. I know our cars are supposed to fill with 5.1 quarts of oil but mine doesnt fill till 6. I thought it might have been due to the Lokar dipstick being slightly different or something along those lines but i checked with the factory dipstick and I've gotten the same results. Just curious if you guys also fill with 6 or if I'm some sort of isolated accident.......... :dunno:

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1943476 said:
Maybe you have the big block version of the 7m. Different oilpan maybe. I doubt that. I have no clue.

My oil pan is just a factory powdercoated one so nothing special there. The shortblock does have a crank scrapper but i dont think that has anything to do with it........Oh well, can't really complain about more oil in the drain pan. I've been thinking of sending my spare one out to Driftmotion to get it modified to hold more oil either way.

Rufus a big block 7m sounds like an unstoppable evil force!!!! Lets just say it is one since there is no other explanation and it sounds awesome!!! Muahh Ha ha ha ha!!! Bow before my BB7M!!!! :evil5:

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Yessir, I went last night. Not sure how long ago it started but they are charging $5.a car now. There were about 6 Live Oak PD officers with 3 squad cars there in the meet. It didnt even fill half of the lot tho, a lot less than it used to be.

The car is doin ok, hopefully with my bonus next week I'll be buying another motor to freshen up and throw into it. I picked up a complete 7MGE for a song, been stripping it down to part it out and keep whatever non-aspiration specific parts are still good. The head I pulled off it looks like it had just been machined and steam cleaned.

Here's a pic from when I washed it last night.

uzy8eqes.jpg

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
They've been charging $5 a car for a long time. Maybe cause more people are going to the meet at Potranco & 151 they're skipping Biff's. It' been many years since I've been to Biff's. LOPD were pricks to the import crowd. Their whole event wasn't really import friendly back then.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
I used to go to Biffs religiously every Friday night back when I lived in town. It was kind of a bummer when they started charging to park but they did start making it an event with music and such; the receipt that they gave was also a discount on a burger so it worked out and I didn’t mind forking up the dough. Rufus is right about the leniency towards the muscle car guys though. When I first started going I was told in several instances that the lot was full when there was clearly spots available to park. After a while I pretty much became a “regular” and the guys controlling the tape didn’t give me any more crap.

It’s been a long time since I've been there though. It could have also been dead because Tim Duncan’s shop (Blackjack’s Speed Shop) was hosting a car show at around the same time.

Send me a PM (they get sent to my email) next time you want to roll by and I'll try and tag along.

Check out this video is pretty funny and true
[video=youtube;YrM9NFHhl0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrM9NFHhl0Q&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That was an awesome video. I love what he has to say at the very end about being content with what you have. That's how I feel about my MKIII. I'm pretty content with where it's at. Do I want more... of course, but I don't want to go down that same slippery slope as he did. But then, I don't have the money to do what he did to his car.

I loved the vids, but I hate gopro cameras sound. I always say that when I see a gopro vid. Awesome hd wide angle footage... sounds sucks ass. That is all.

P.S. - Car has been idling funny (and dying) as if I have a vacuum leak. I looked around like crazy and still couldn't find any disconnected/damaged hoses anywhere. Then I started looking to see if I can find some kinda of intake manifold leak and sure enough I have one at the ISC valve. I looked at it and can see daylight between it and the manifold. I'm going to pull it hopefully today and put it back on with a new gasket and some rtv sealant. I think I have one of those gaskets left over. Anyway, I'll try to get to it today if I'm not doing the family thing all day. Or just being too damn lazy.