San antonio

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1938806 said:
If they do have all steel lock nuts let me know. I'll go get some.

I didn't get a chance to go, a bunch of drama has been going on with one of my sisters. To make a long story short she was going to get married by the church next month and now it seems to be called off and depending on what happened i might have to make a trip to Corpus to go whoop his ass :aigo: I should have enough time tomorrow so ill probably be stopping by then. If i find the correct size ill go ahead and get them for you and meet you up whenever you have some free time. Either way ill keep you posted on that.

Suprapowaz!(2);1938806 said:
Did you ever tune out area around 2000rpm? You did say you have 12v mod done right?

I haven't done the 12V mod yet but i still dont think the fuel pressure is the problem as it doesnt drop or fluctuate when I'm nearing or passing that rpm. I did notice the other day though that one of the wires from the O2 sensor connector is literally hanging by a thread on the far inner portion of the connector inside the individual wire weather seal. (I can't believe i missed it when i changed the O2 sensor after doing the heli coil on the exhaust studs a couple of months ago) Its not on the O2 sensor side but on the engine harness so I'm hoping that maybe this is the culprit although i doubt it since it started to act up after doing the AFPR so :dunno:.........either way i need to fix it. The connector is pretty dried out and crispy so I think ill have to find a good connector at a junkyard that i can solder in or just find a different style 3 pin connector and solder that one instead. I would prefer the original since i just replaced the O2 sensor and wouldnt want to hack it up everytime i change the O2 sensor.

S.A. supra;1938852 said:
If y'all need or want anything let me know. I'm gonna have a guy come by and take everything for scrap.
Do you happen to have any of these:
140.jpg
5408710048_large.jpg
The healiner for a targa part that holds the dome lights; the dome lights too if you have them and the glove box
dscf1105t.jpg
The vent grill thing

A good condition drivers side door panel & a retractable hatch cover, all in blue

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Rufus i got all new oem lock nuts from the dealer.
Idk if you can use oem but they were under $2 per nut if i remember.

sorry i have no extras

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks David. I'm going to try some of the other nut and bolt specialty stores. If I can't find them there then I'll get them from dealership. I'm not in a hurry.
I have another issue on hand. My idle isn't steady, it bogs here and there and dies from time to time. I didn't notice this before, but after I raised my fuel pressure up pretty high it started doing that. I dropped my fuel pressure back down to 44psi vacuum disconnected, and it still does it.
I'm going to go back to the lex afm setup to see if my problem goes away. I want to see if it's my settings on the map ecu that's making the idle act erratic. I'll go from there. I don't want to make any assumptions at this point. I do, however, need bigger injectors to run higher boost.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
1988ma70supra;1939502 said:
I didn't get a chance to go, a bunch of drama has been going on with one of my sisters. To make a long story short she was going to get married by the church next month and now it seems to be called off and depending on what happened i might have to make a trip to Corpus to go whoop his ass :aigo: I should have enough time tomorrow so ill probably be stopping by then. If i find the correct size ill go ahead and get them for you and meet you up whenever you have some free time. Either way ill keep you posted on that.

I threw all of that stuff already.

I haven't done the 12V mod yet but i still dont think the fuel pressure is the problem as it doesnt drop or fluctuate when I'm nearing or passing that rpm. I did notice the other day though that one of the wires from the O2 sensor connector is literally hanging by a thread on the far inner portion of the connector inside the individual wire weather seal. (I can't believe i missed it when i changed the O2 sensor after doing the heli coil on the exhaust studs a couple of months ago) Its not on the O2 sensor side but on the engine harness so I'm hoping that maybe this is the culprit although i doubt it since it started to act up after doing the AFPR so :dunno:.........either way i need to fix it. The connector is pretty dried out and crispy so I think ill have to find a good connector at a junkyard that i can solder in or just find a different style 3 pin connector and solder that one instead. I would prefer the original since i just replaced the O2 sensor and wouldnt want to hack it up everytime i change the O2 sensor.

Do you happen to have any of these:
View attachment 67234
View attachment 67235
The healiner for a targa part that holds the dome lights; the dome lights too if you have them and the glove box
View attachment 67236
The vent grill thing

A good condition drivers side door panel & a retractable hatch cover, all in blue

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1939613 said:
Thanks David. I'm going to try some of the other nut and bolt specialty stores. If I can't find them there then I'll get them from dealership. I'm not in a hurry.
I have another issue on hand. My idle isn't steady, it bogs here and there and dies from time to time. I didn't notice this before, but after I raised my fuel pressure up pretty high it started doing that. I dropped my fuel pressure back down to 44psi vacuum disconnected, and it still does it.
I'm going to go back to the lex afm setup to see if my problem goes away. I want to see if it's my settings on the map ecu that's making the idle act erratic. I'll go from there. I don't want to make any assumptions at this point. I do, however, need bigger injectors to run higher boost.

I found the lock nuts at Pep Boys but they were all standard and the ones that were metric were the wrong size. I asked the manager there and they told me they have to replenish their stock and that they might be in when they do. Unfortunately he didn't know when that would be.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I plugged the lex afm back in. Messed with the afm adjustment screw and adjusted the afpr accordingly. My idle is once again rock solid with 15.3afr and 3.5v fuel trim displayed on the voltmeter. So it is my map ecu fuel table that needs work. They say the hardest part using the map ecu is to get it to idle correctly. I had it idling nice before, I can go it again... hopefully. We'll see in coming weeks, but until them I'm going to get a hold of some lock nuts and get working on the turbo to exhaust manifold issue. It's always something.

supra.usa

7m.performance
Mar 22, 2009
whats going on guys, anybody has a CPS for sale, mine is leaking big time, I gonna buy the kit to rebuild it but I need an extra CPS for now, please let me know, and rufus I upgrated my exhaust manifold bolts to helicoils and studs not bolts,, and its doing good, if you need them part number let me know I got everything.

Last edited:

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Prestige Car Meets, Santikos Theaters and AllofSA.com will be hosting a car meet for the new Fast and the Furious movie at Silverado which is on 1604 & Bandera. Everyone has been told in advance that there is to be no burning out, wreckless driving, etc. There will be security and a couple of off duty officers in the parking lot to make sure nobody starts doing anything stupid and to prevent any thefts. Silverado has reserved a 200 seating capacity theatre room just for our group. The car show is supposed to start around 7 and the group name is under "Prestige Car Meets" if you want to buy tickets in the same room. The movie is at 10:05 and it is reserved seating so the earlier you get there the better the options you will have. Just wanted to extend the invite and maybe run into some of you guys there

NicMK3

Oct 8, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
What's up guys been awhile so I finished the build top and bottom new turbo new head block all new internals, and my dad blew the motor before I even had 100 miles on it. So now I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a hole new motor completely built cause I don't want to have to deal with my mechanic and the time it will take. I was told about ordering from Japan. Any references?

Nic

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
NicMK3;1940709 said:
What's up guys been awhile so I finished the build top and bottom new turbo new head block all new internals, and my dad blew the motor before I even had 100 miles on it. So now I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a hole new motor completely built cause I don't want to have to deal with my mechanic and the time it will take. I was told about ordering from Japan. Any references?

Nic

that sucks! Are you depressed? I know that feeling all to well. Is this a 7mgte? Troll craigslist they pop up from time to time. But then again you have to trust that someone competent did the work. What all was done to the engine? And what blew? Take it to a good engine builder here in S.A. and have them rebuild it right. Lot of guys use millers on grissom.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
What is your budget? If you can find a jza70 front clip and pre 89 brackets, you will have everything you need for a 1jzgte swap . 2jz is way more work, and a couple of thousand more.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Miller's is a reputable machine shop that's been in business for years. It's on Grissom about a 1/4mile away from Bandera.
You should get yourself a daily beater when modding a MKIII. Good luck.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Well I found a boost leak on one of my couplers. I also had to replace another that kept popping off even with T-bolt clamps. I don't know exactly why but the lean spot I had at 2K is now gone. I haven't changed anything else on the car so it seems strange to me why a boost leak would make the engine lean out at exactly 2k and nowhere else, but ill take it.

IMAG0824.jpg