San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
whitehat89;1928561 said:
Does anyone by any chance have an accordion hose they'd be willing to part with or sell? I think I found the issue causing my rough running issue. My accordion hose has an inch long split on the turbo side, on the bottom and towatds the block, so I never saw it until I decided to Inspect for vaccum leaks... needless to say, id figure a vaccum leak of that magnitude between the turbo and AFM might have a good chance to cause my problem...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ballin!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPS-Silicon...611&pid=100005&prg=1088&rk=2&sd=160887752435&

$(KGrHqR,!rIE-pY8fKflBPt,Opj,uQ~~60_12.JPG

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
ShmoupleDupe;1929332 said:
New to san antonio!
Got an mk3 just gotta get it over here, getting to the later stages of a 2jz swap

When does your car get down here? VVTI is supposed to have a wicked low end. I start vacation today, and plan on getting my car on the road and legal before I go back. all I need is to get exhaust mated to my downpipe.

ShmoupleDupe

Nov 21, 2012
Florida
I just got put here for tech school... talking maybe a month to get my car over here, but by then my "mechanic" might have finally gotten the frame in and towable so my truck might tow it over from florida, or I might just buy a car trailer, dunno for sure, either way it should be here within a month or two.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about the vvti! I hear the only real negative is that the cams are hard to mess with, being variable timing on the valves
but of course I'm still generally new to this stuff, compared to most of you guys :s

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Mine is non-vvti. My buddy has had a bunch of non-vvti 1JZGTES, but when he got his Vvti 1j he couldnt believe how much low end power it had. let us know when it gets down here.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Welcome SchoupleDupe.

Ok guys, I was out doing some more street tuning with the MAP ECU. I got a hang of how to tune it according to TCCS Vf fuel trim. I'm doing pretty decent at the moment. Still tuning closed loop a little at a time. I make small changes throughout certain RPM ranges, and save the changes. I only do a few cells at a time, save, and come home. Tonight I was doing a little more tuning, and the damn screen of the laptop flipped down and shut putting it in sleep mode, closing the MAP ECU program along with it. Lost my tuning info before I could save it. Frustrating. No biggie as I can get to it again some other day. I tell you what, street tuning is wearing down my brakes. You have to create a load while maintaining the same RPM to get to another cell to tune. I can tune a couple of cells before I smell my brakes over working. I then pull over and save my tuning changes while my brakes cool off. Then do it again. By the time I finish tuning this thing I'll need another set of brake pads. That's the fun of tuning. I wish I could afford to put my car on a dyno, but I don't have the money to do it. Plus, I don't want to spend anymore money on this car. I have enough in it to at least put down mid 400's at the wheels. Granted I get this tuning finished.

I have to take the battery in for testing cause something is either drawing on it, or the battery itself isn't holding a charge anymore. I find out, and get another battery if need be.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Battery was a goner. I had to buy another one. I tuned the closed loop, and moved on to open loop. Then I started hitting fuel cut at 11psi. I forgot that fuel cut is activated when a certain frequency is reached. I have to bump up the fuel pressure and retune. It's coming along, but I don't drive this car enough. I'm getting it done though.

What's up with you guys?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Same old same old, still have the same issue but its not the cars fault its mine since I haven't changed anything. I've been helping a buddy of mine change his brakes lines, discs, and pads. He needed to record an instructional video for a class so I helped him do it, instruct it, record it, and produce it. The hard part was getting all the parts together since the manufacturer makes you buy special tools that they have but don't sell and no local auto parts stores have. I've only gotten one video done teaching how to bleed the braking system. Got a long way to go.

Last edited:

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
I just ordered some parts from Driftmotion. I decided to hold off on the sexy silicone accordion hose replacement for a while, seeing as how it was more than twice the price of the factory part through DM. Also ordered a new set of NGK coppers since finding them down here is like pulling hens teeth...

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
If you never went to a Cars and Coffee event, you will no longer have the option. This past meet a couple of idiots started speeding through the lanes, burning out, and doing donuts almost hitting a few kids so the manager at the Vineyard said no more. The guy that has been organizing this event has also called it quits so there will be no more Cars and Coffee unless someone else decides to resurrect it. As always, the stupid few ruin it for the rest.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
It was just a matter of time. I'm not surprised one bit, and don't blame the organizer calling it quits. It's a shame the culprit alone doesn't get punished (ticketed) rather the whole meet.