San antonio

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Multiple attempts at suicide by crashing her car. She backed out of every try, never told me. The only way anyone found out was the fact that her supervisor was behind her on her last attempt and my wife has a very "distinctive" looking car... She's doing better I think, she starts Intensive outpatient therapy on monday

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Hope your wife is doing better whitehat.

Can anyone tell a brutha how to get fire back into working on my car. I just camt seem to stay motivated enough.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Buy some paint & body supplies. Primer, body filler, sand papers.

I got to messing with the MAP ECU this morning. At first it wouldn't idle. It kept running pig rich and dying. I got it to idle around 14.7afr. It's a start. Started tuning up to 2500rpm on one line. I need to make a thread to ask for some help.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
satx88supra;1925287 said:
Hope your wife is doing better whitehat.

Can anyone tell a brutha how to get fire back into working on my car. I just camt seem to stay motivated enough.

Yeah, good luck to you and family. hope it all turns out alright.

oh oh I know! stop taking your damn car apart!

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
S.A. supra;1925412 said:
Yeah, good luck to you and family. hope it all turns out alright.

oh oh I know! stop taking your damn car apart!

Lmao......i guess that can be an issue. I finally finished sanding it. Probably gonna call Rufus on my next two weeks off and see if i can get it painted or at least primmed. But that takin it apart may be a start of my therapy.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
First step is do a little body work and fill any obvious low spots. Then prime the entire car, and guide coat it. Then the fun begins... blocking the whole car finding more low and high spots that weren't that obvious. Fix/fill them with some glazing putty. Prime and guide coat and block sand again making sure all panels are flat and ready for paint. Wet sand car with 400grit, and you're ready to lay out the top coats. Many hours go into prepping a car for paint.

It's alot of work. Your paint job is only as good as what's underneath. Do not attempt to paint it without doing the necessary body work and blocking everything flat. New glossy paint with magnify every imperfection. I suggest looking at alot of youtube vids about apply body filler, primering a car, block sanding, & wet sanding. There's lots of information out there, and it'll give you an idea of how much work will be involved.

Or you can take the easy way out and just paint over what you have, but believe me... you will not be happy with the end result.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1925374 said:
I got to messing with the MAP ECU this morning. At first it wouldn't idle. It kept running pig rich and dying. I got it to idle around 14.7afr. It's a start. Started tuning up to 2500rpm on one line. I need to make a thread to ask for some help.
Any further breakthroughs?

I've been adjusting my tune and have been able to get it running pretty good aside from a nasty hole right at 2000rpm. Below 2K perfect, after 2K perfect, but right on 2K it leans out. I'm thinking its the switch over from 9v to 12v on the fuel pump relay but i dont see a pressure difference on the guage when passing 2K so i cant be sure. I got a IPM the other day and need to wire it in. Don't really think its an injector but at least that will rule that out and ill be able to see whats going on there.

shirt2.jpg
Don't forget that the Twisted Sisters are this Saturday!!

shirts.jpg
They will have these shirts for sale that day

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
took her for a spin down to the turn around back. she felt pretty good just loud as all hell. Gonna call norbuilt or whatever they are called and see if they can mate my exhaust. Hopefully next week I can drive it to work.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
1988ma70supra;1925967 said:
Any further breakthroughs?

No progress yet. I'm still dealing with it stumling and dying when I touch the throttle. It's as if it's running with the AFM unplugged when running the stock set up. I get the concept of how to tune each point (and there's alot of them), but I can't do much if I can't drive it.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, today I knocked down the fuel pressure and got it to idle with the Vf reading 3.5v. I need to work on tuningthe rest of the "free rev" (-10psi) range to 3.5v. Then I have to put it on the road and see if I can tune the rest of the points of vacuum in the closed loop area. That's going to take some time I suppose.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I made a little more progress, but my damn laptop ran out of batter and shut down the MAP CAL I was tuning and didn't save it. I have to do it over again. No biggie. It's a learning process.
Miguel, there's a slim chance of me going to the twisted sisters run this Saturday. There's all sorts of easter egg hunts that I'm going to take my son to. If things change and I end up going I'll let you know by at least Friday evening. If I don't go have fun and be safe. Isn't cars and coffee this Saturday too?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah Cars and Coffee is this Saturday as well. My car started acting up again, I think my fuel pump is going out. I'm gonna look more into it tomorrow, when I get out of work. If it is the pump failing I might not take my car on the cruise and hitch a ride with the Vette or my friends Jetta. I'll keep you posted.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1926795 said:
I made a little more progress, but my damn laptop ran out of batter and shut down the MAP CAL I was tuning and didn't save it. I have to do it over again. No biggie. It's a learning process.
Miguel, there's a slim chance of me going to the twisted sisters run this Saturday. There's all sorts of easter egg hunts that I'm going to take my son to. If things change and I end up going I'll let you know by at least Friday evening. If I don't go have fun and be safe. Isn't cars and coffee this Saturday too?

Good deal. When ate you gonna head back to the track?