San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Is it possible to fry starters? I drop another starter in and it did nothing just clicked. I pulled it out and bench tested it and it would kick out but not spin. What the fuck Need some advice.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
slopra;1617760 said:
How is everybody else doin?
Everybodys starter working? (my buddies 240sx starter went out too...lol)
Rufus you get your turbo mounted?

Not yet. Just got over my Brothers wedding. I'll check with my buddy about that turbine soon, but I'm going to let him settle in his new place first. Don't want to be a bug a boo ya know.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
S.A. supra;1618807 said:
Is it possible to fry starters? I drop another starter in and it did nothing just clicked. I pulled it out and bench tested it and it would kick out but not spin. What the fuck Need some advice.
I bought a remanufactured one from Autozone with lifetime warranty and so far so good, but now my powersteering pump is out. :icon_mad: Its one thing after another

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
CT26smoker;1618577 said:
Mostly Nacogdoches Rd, but sometimes over to San Pedro, and Thousand Oaks (best twisty road I've found)

Damn those are all places I've been pulled over or heard of people being pulled over lol

1988ma70supra;1618995 said:
I bought a remanufactured one from Autozone with lifetime warranty and so far so good, but now my powersteering pump is out. :icon_mad: Its one thing after another

Wow, well look at it this way. If this keeps up you'll essentially have a new car lol

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
1988ma70supra;1618995 said:

I know this shit sucks!!!!! I might as well have a freakin unicorn. Because you always hear about it but no ones seen it. I have a freakin mythological supra.
san supra;1618842 said:
where did you get it?
if it doesnt spin then its a bad starter.
doubt you put it in wrong because there isnt much to screw up.

Gonna check all my grounds again and clean all my contacts. Then say a prayer, rub my rabbits foot, put my horse shoe in my back pocket, go search for a four leaf clover, cross my fingers again!!!! and hope for the best, and expect the worst.

nicole43105

Feb 18, 2010
san antonio, tx
Got all my lines straightend out, looked over all the fuses... put battery in wont start... check battery 10% charge, took it to get charged... put in car.... tries to crank but sounds like the starter is catching.... checked wiring all looks good when it quits raining going to pull the starter out and take it to get tested... and if someone finds an extra four leaf clover i may be in need as well lol

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
S.A. supra;1619045 said:
I know this shit sucks!!!!! I might as well have a freakin unicorn. Because you always hear about it but no ones seen it. I have a freakin mythological supra.

Gonna check all my grounds again and clean all my contacts. Then say a prayer, rub my rabbits foot, put my horse shoe in my back pocket, go search for a four leaf clover, cross my fingers again!!!! and hope for the best, and expect the worst.
Mythological Supra. Thats so true!! Ha ha ha!! The only things i didnt change when i did my rebuild were the powersteering pump, A/C compressor, and the starter. 2 out of the 3 that i didnt change have gone down; its just a matter of time that the 3rd goes down. I'm going to start saving up my pennies for the compressor.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
ground wires for the starter? i thought it grounded itself out by being bolted on.

battery ground wires you can get anywhere and it doesnt matter where.

im driving a unicorn!? fuck yes!

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
san supra;1619751 said:
ME AND MY FRIEND WITH HIS 04 GTO

i need those hood shocks before then so i dont look so ghetto. lol
Hey i dont have hood shocks and use a broken shovel stick as a prop!! Just saying that sounded ghetto.:nono: I'm planning on going also, with the Supra this time. Ill text you tommorow and see if we can set up another date :naughty: