San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
tsavenged;1586554 said:
i am definitely going to try and upgrade the fuel system at the same time, dunno if im gonna try to go with bigger and better OEM parts or go aftermarket yet though
and i am a complete noob when it comes to engine management and tuning......

That is what killed my engine the last time. This time around I'm going to focus more on tuning rather than shoving boost through the engine with crossed fingers.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1586530 said:
Ok, I asked this question in the General section yesterday and didn't get much of an answer.
What goes in this bolt hole?
0018edit1.jpg
This one sits right behind the motor mount. It's the mount on the exhaust side of the engine. In my old pics I don't see anything that bolts down there. I just want to make sure what it's for before I just bypass it. Thanks for any help.

I believe that's the whole for the turbo brace. It's just like the one that fits on the intake manifold side. I've had the same issue of forgetting to put it back on...its a PITA to put back on. If you haven't changed your old ct26 turbo you'll notice o hole on the bottom of the housing and there is the where it mates to the brace. If you've upgraded then forget about it.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
tsavenged;1586554 said:
i am definitely going to try and upgrade the fuel system at the same time, dunno if im gonna try to go with bigger and better OEM parts or go aftermarket yet though
and i am a complete noob when it comes to engine management and tuning......

Wide ban is a must. If you need any help with wide ban, injectors, Safc, or fuel pump let me know.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Darrell, I was looking at my old pics and digging through TSRM, and I could find anything that would bolt there. Both the stock manifold brace, and the CT26 brace bolts on the motor mount itself. I'm just going to leave it be and continue on with the build.

This morning I pulled the engine harness through the firewall and started hooking up the connections. I'm almost ready to mate it to the tranny and drop it in. First I have to change out the input shaft seal on the transmission. I still have to clean the fuel tank, intercooler, and oil coolers. I'm getting there.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1587069 said:
Darrell, I was looking at my old pics and digging through TSRM, and I could find anything that would bolt there. Both the stock manifold brace, and the CT26 brace bolts on the motor mount itself. I'm just going to leave it be and continue on with the build.

This morning I pulled the engine harness through the firewall and started hooking up the connections. I'm almost ready to mate it to the tranny and drop it in. First I have to change out the input shaft seal on the transmission. I still have to clean the fuel tank, intercooler, and oil coolers. I'm getting there.

Rufus,
Here is what i'm talking about on the link provide. I know of the brace that comes off the mount but there is another brace. I've removed it before but now i don't even know where it is now. But maybe we are talking about the same thing ...oh well.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=TC&P=9

I also think it could be this one.....i know right now neither one is one my car now. The turbocharger stay brace (above link) i lost. The brace (exhaust manifold brace..link below) i didnt put on because i had a feeling i was going to pull the engine again.

manual.aspx

anyway let me know....BTW how many of you have that link to the TSRM?

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
M and D 225-7616
he quoted me $450 for labor
i was talking to him about a ct26 and a turbonetics.

diesle injection 648-4500
said to bring the turbo in so he could check it out.

nicole43105

Feb 18, 2010
san antonio, tx
Any suggestions on who might be able to get the random molded hoses... like the crankcase vent hose from the block to the head and such?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

and it looks like it may be cheaper to throw an aftermaraket turbo on this heap any suggestions on what type of turbo setup is good aftermarket?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
nicole43105;1587641 said:
Any suggestions on who might be able to get the random molded hoses... like the crankcase vent hose from the block to the head and such?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

and it looks like it may be cheaper to throw an aftermaraket turbo on this heap any suggestions on what type of turbo setup is good aftermarket?

Champion Toyota. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99 Excellent prices. Just try to buy everything you need at one time, because you have to pay for shipping. Usually it's around $9.00 for lighter stuff. But you save alot more than buying at your local Toyota dealership.

Turbo set up... http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-7m-gte67mmturbokit.php :dunno:

And yes, you have to go bigger than a 60-1 to top Mike. :biglaugh:

nicole43105

Feb 18, 2010
san antonio, tx
i dont really care if i top mike though just want my car to run lol, turns out the intake manifolds r full of oil.... not good

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Also thank you for the info it is very helpful

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Oh, I'm just yankin his chain.

I'm going to need some help with the vacuum diagram. The diagram on TSRM helps, but doesn't show all of the connections for some reason. I'll be taking some pics of he areas I have questions about where they connect.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Hey, Guys and girl. My phone craped out on me last week, So I lost all my numbers so hit me up with a text and your name that way I can save to my contacts.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Nope. I was supposed to go down there today but didn't make it. I'm going down tomorrow and put the ic piping on, and button ever thing down. I'll get insurance on it and inspection Monday. It's blowing smoke but nothing major runs great. i think I might need to check some vacuum hoses.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Where are you going to send it to get fixed? I'm afraid my turbo is going to be bad. I've never fired it up since I bought it over 5 years ago. I need to take this manifold to this welding shop that I know of to have them rotate the wastegate flange 90*. If I don't go fishing tomorrow I'm going to drop the fuel tank and start the cleaning process. You guys have a happy and safe 4th of July out there tonight. Don't drink and drive. Law is in effect this weekend to where you cannot refuse a BAC test. Not saying it's ok to drink and drive other nights, but this weekend alot of people are going to get caught and charged for DWI. Don't be one of them.