San antonio

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
I have nitto 555r drags with siping on 35psi I didn't do any cool burnouts or hard launches since my axles are on the way out. Got like 2.2 60ft. I did a boost leak test and I have no leaks it holds pressure great. I think its over boosting/spiking since my exhaust is so free flowing 3" downpipe 3.5 test pipe back. I have a 2" restrictor ring welded in the downpipe..

I went last night, I got there at 6 and left by 730. I didn't want ti have all the big crowds and long waits to run. I also didnt want anyone telling me how much i was holding back and I could hit it a lot harder, I know its a lot faster.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Rufus, so you can blow air through the valve toward the intake, but not back towards the booster right?

Sterlingae, you on twins? How are your coil packs? What kind of plugs and at what gap?

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
The coilpacks all look fine I don't have any idle issues or drivability issues. Still has the plugs it came with they looked nice when I got the engine so i left them alone. I have had bad coil packs and wires before so i know what it would act like. Feels the same as when my ka would hit speed cut. I'm pretty sure it is boost cut..
Ya jdm twins

Last edited:

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Don't have one hooked up yet. It sounds like 14psi though the turbos are pretty loud.
Doesn't do it in first gear

Last edited:

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
I need to get some new axles this week, also going to order a boost gauge and a Silvia gtr style grill. Got to start saving for another diff the welded is going to kill my axles too fast haha.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
sterlingae;1913906 said:
Nick did you roll by biffs on Friday night? Saw a red mkiii pull up and spun the tires in reverse leaving..lol

Was that you David? :runaway: How and where have you been? Are you going the three twisted sisters cruise coming in March 30th?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
1988ma70supra;1916966 said:
Import night at the San Antonio Raceway I'm thinking of stopping by and getting a few runs

Damn I wish I could have seen this post earlier. I was going to call you today after work and see if you were gonna head out there. Got home and hung out with the family all day. Oh well, maybe next time. How did you do? I have to tear down the exhaust side. I'm chasing down an exhaust leak and haven't been able to look at it yet. Just got over the flu and haven't had the energy to even open the garage door.

Are you going out to cars and coffee tomorrow morning? If so, can you bring out the FCD? I was thinking about heading out there early to check out the exotics. I might bring out the Supra exhaust leak and all. I still have to attempt to put some kind of milage on it every once in a while.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Rufus I just tore down my hot side because I forgot to tighten the wastegate flange! !! And it was nearly impossible to tighten with it attached to the engine. Oh well, where did you get vacuum hose for your wastegate from? I need some to hook up my boost controller.