San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1918416 said:
What the hell rufus! Getting out of the game?

You know I want an LQ9. I don't care what you think about that either!

Exhaust leaks fixed. Car is running good and quiet now. HKS FCD is in and working. I'm going to slowly work the boost up and make sure fuel is there too. I really want to put it on a dyno. I really don't want to run WOT on the streets and risk getting pulled over. We'll see what I'm going to do in the next couple of months. In the meanwhile I'm going to keep it at 16psi running high 10 low 11 AFR's. I'm in no hurry to go faster.

supra.usa

7m.performance
Mar 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1918697 said:
Yeah Mike, just the engine.

supra.usa: aren't you the guy that was putting down 450rwhp? Whatever happened to that engine combo?

that was walter, and he took the combo apart. now he has a different setup, with a AEM computer, corrently he has everything on a cressida, pushing only 425 hp, for now, but he has a 91 shell already so thats next for him..

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
visiting aunt, uncle, and cousins.

Tomorrow the lex\560cc should go on.

no fpr
wideband not installed
walbro pump not installed

i figure installing the injectors and maf will force my lazy ass to get the other parts on

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That's funny, I'll be in Maryland visiting in August myself.

Come on David, we could knock out the fpr, WB, and pump all in one shot.

Well, at least do the fpr and WB. Those are easy to do.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
It's been done in LS1, LS6, L92, L33, and LM7. All Chevy Vortech/LS engines with the same bolt pattern. That's the beauty of those engines... the vast possibilites. You can go from a 4.8l to the 7.0l. Heads, cams, and other stuff is interchangeable between the engines. More aftermarket support than you can shake a stick at. L92 6.2l is rated at 403hp 417 lb/ft out of the box.

Trust me, if I had the money I would have done this a long time ago.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i still need a WB bung welded on.

although it isnt that safe with an old fpr, didnt your run your set up on one rufus?

i dont plan getting into the power with no WB.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
David, I did run the stock fpr when I was running 10-12psi. WB was showing 11.3's and car was happy. Once I pushed it to 16psi AFR's was hitting 11.7's. Car didn't like it. I had to go with the AFPR.

I think I have to do the 12v mod now. Running higher boost car will dip into the low 12's, car will sputter (detonate), suddenly it'll run fat (low 10's) and will take off nicely. I figure by the time the pump switches from 9v to 12v and fills the rail car goes lean then riches up quite a bit.
I welded in my wideband bung. Drilled hole, installed WB sensor, plugged it up and wired it in. Easy.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1919179 said:
They make adapter kits to keep the R154.

Yep, I had one. I think it was called g-max. The guy that had the gay blue car before me mated it to a gm bell housing. Apparently jeep trannys and r154s are twins, but the r154 is the stronger brother.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Hmmm Idk about it needing the 12v mod. Once it goes into boost it should be at 12v. So 10psi and 16psi kick over to 12v at positive boost. Maybe your pushing your pump...stock?

Im going to ask the welder at work to weld that WB bung next week. I'm running mine about 18 to 24in from the turbo.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Walbro 255 pump. Right at 16psi is where I'm going lean. Then suddenly low 10's appear on the WB display. I'm thinking the boost ramps up to quick for the fuel to keep up... switching from 9v to 12v. Of course I can't see what the fuel pressure is doing at that moment. The gauge is under the hood, and I believe the gauge is broken. I think I might do the 12v mod and see how it goes. I want to see if that clears up the lean spike issue.