rut roh, car won't start!

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
I pulled apart the intake side to do the coolant bypass hotness today, and now the car won't start. During the operation I unplugged the alternator, coilpacks, ISC, CSI, and TPS, and those are all securely plugged in now. On first crank the tach wouldn't move, so I wiggled the CPS wires (annoying because I didn't do anything on that side of the motor). Second try, the tach shows the engine speed while cranking but it won't start, not even a hiccup. IGN fuse is good, EFI fuse is good, no codes, and I tried locking and then unlocking the door. Help, I'm out of ideas!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Rot roh, another car won't start post. Got fuel pressure? Look at the bolt in the fuel damper or jumper the pump. Or give it a shot of starting fluid to see if it's fuel or spark. Course, a bad CPS wil give you neither.

What coolant bypass "hotness" were you doing? Removing the hoses?

Eugene huh. I used to live in Corvallis and miss that area a lot.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
i was doing the bypass of the isc and throttle body coolant lines, mine were leaking on the drive to washington and back. further research indicates one of the 4 cps wires does not have continuity to the ecu. loading....

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
So, it turns out my list of electrical connectors was missing 'ECU ground on the intake plenum', and when I found one cps wire with no path to the ecu, well, guess which one it was :) thanks for your help doods, onto my next huge problem thread...

N

NDBoost

heh grounds.. thatll get er'..

I pulled one of these shortly after getting my bhg fixed.. took the car for short drive out to a side road. The car started acting up and cutting out intermittently but just enough for it to cut out and come right back on. It finally died totally out and wouldnt start anymore, 4 phone calls and 2 hrs later a friend points out that the ground wires were loose making a poor inconsistent connection w/ the manifold.. doh