Running driftmotion single turbo kit stock ecu?

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
As long as you keep the boost at or below stock levels you can use a factory ecu to run any turbo kit. By now you should have cleaned the injectors and run a bigger/better fuel pump them the stock one in the car. FPR is not really needed, we hold the stock twins RWHP record on stock TT fuel pump and also a stock FPR. If you would be able to afford it, a standalone is a must, along with a good tuner your investment in any kind of turbo kit will pay off. Piggy backs are band aid solutions and can lead to engine damage if pushed beyond its limits. You can make power on a SAFC but the drive-ability of the car suffers.

Yea fuel pump for sure..il go ahead and throw in a new FPR just to make sure nothing goes wrong lol. Wouldnt i probally need one anyway if i got new injectors? So as long as i stay within the limits of the ECU i should be fine. One more thing, any guess at what that kit would put me at Horsepower wise using the stuff we just talked about?

soapra;1767713 said:
As long as you keep the boost at or below stock levels you can use a factory ecu to run any turbo kit. By now you should have cleaned the injectors and run a bigger/better fuel pump them the stock one in the car. FPR is not really needed, we hold the stock twins RWHP record on stock TT fuel pump and also a stock FPR. If you would be able to afford it, a standalone is a must, along with a good tuner your investment in any kind of turbo kit will pay off. Piggy backs are band aid solutions and can lead to engine damage if pushed beyond its limits. You can make power on a SAFC but the drive-ability of the car suffers.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
I know a friend of mine who put a GT35R on his STOCK 2JZ-GTE (in a Nissan S14), with stock injectors and ECU...everyting stock! Of course a FMIC... and 3" exhaust.

430hp and 530nm @ stock boostlevel!!!! 0,7bar!!
He's been drfting completley trubblefree (engine/transmission-wise) the entire 2011-season.

Funny thing, Just replacing the stock twins with this GT35R, and he gained over 150hp..... Dont ask me why, but i saw the papers from the benchmark, and they state 430 shaft hosepower....of course estimated, as the car was dyno'ed on the wheels (384whp). I'm impressed....realy impressed with such results.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Give Aaron a call as for expected power levels. I wouldn't be surprised to see 350-400whp on mild boost levels. If you value the work put into your engine though, try to resist the urge to crank up the boost until your car is tuned properly. ;)

YoNkErS87t;1767790 said:
Are you doing this with a aristo 2jzgte?

Yea its an aristo swapped 2jz

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

te72;1767823 said:
Give Aaron a call as for expected power levels. I wouldn't be surprised to see 350-400whp on mild boost levels. If you value the work put into your engine though, try to resist the urge to crank up the boost until your car is tuned properly. ;)

Yea i think im going to give aaron a call tomorrow and see what were looking at horse power wise for the near future with his upgrades

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Quin;1768259 said:
I would get 550s and a 255LPH pump minimum.

Does anyone know if you can run 550 injectors on the aristo ecu without any picky back being used?

I wouldn't think so.

I would also install a wideband o2 sensor just to keep on eye on your a/f ratios

Last edited:

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
You can probably run the 550's fine as long as you remember to install the resistor-pack into the wiring.... the car however will probably run like crap, as it will be WAY to rich and the ECU cant compansate enough for the amount of fuel delivered.

440's and a good fuelpump should be ok. I'm running the MK4 Supra pump in my JZX90... 290lph and Toyota Genuine part... had to do some rewiring though with thick wires from the alternator-source and ground, as the pump sucs out almost 10A @ 40psi :)

Last edited: