ROTM Winner! February - Mattjk - Matt K

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
Jeez, ROTM is a total jip...the winner's don't even get their prizes...

Ummm...not in this case. I sent Matt his WW a while ago. I suspect he entered targa month more for the prestige of winning rather than for the prize however. I would still love at least a picture of his car sporting the wings though. I would like to add it to my archive for posterity.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
So I guess ROTY is just going to be Matt competing against himself?

That's cool...

Seriously, why can't we get an answer about what's going on? Mods are posting all over the forum all day and no one knows what's up here? :icon_conf

I've been asking since April 6th. That's almost two weeks.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Simply put, the mod who was responsible has pressing issues in real life that are preventing him from doing it. He's asked that someone else take it over, but nobody on the staff has been able to dedicate the time to do it. The staff has not decided what to do with it, as we all have pretty hectic schedules and high workload here, aside from trying to live a life outside the forum.

So at the moment there is no mod responsible for it. I think that's why you've gotten no answer. At the moment there's nobody who owns this thing.

We're not sure if we want to add more staff or simply eliminate ROTM/ROTY.

Personally I think the type of attitude you guys are displaying in this thread are one of the reasons why people don't want to take it on.

It's a thankless job, it's a lot of work and people around here seem to think they have a right to make demands and don't cut anyone an ounce of slack...

So since you guys are pressing the issue, I'll make the decision.

ROTM is suspended until further notice.

Edit: I know that probably sounds snarkier than it needs to be. But cut us some slack people. ROTM is a lot of work in and of itself, and then there's the "courting" of vendors to give up prizes and following up to make sure the proper people get them. And adding staff might be the answer, but we do that slowly and only under very careful consideration. This place works pretty well, we don't like to mess with that formula too much..

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Fair enough, and I hope whateve is bothering Josh is over with soon........for his sake and not for ROTM.