rod knock?

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
may as well have recorded someone elses car.. that's the worst vid ever

rev the car while under the hood with the cam. from what little i heard , it doesn't sound good.

run it low on oil ?

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
im uploading another vid now. yeah ill put oil in.

It isnt my supra. mine has fresh oil in and is regularly serviced. the oil in this car is well black and dirty. i added a bit but will have to go buy some more. perhaps ill know more when i drain it all out.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Yeah Finnon, I think you got more to worry about than a short shifter, sorry man.

Don't run it too much more, don't want the rod to come loose, or mess the crank up anymore than it is.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
yeah that short shift thing was before i had had a decent look at it. im undecided what i should do just now tbh. i might swap engines from my supra to my bros with the buggered engine. i might ebay the pair of them and look for a better car. im kinda just considerin just now

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
There is no way that is rod knock.

Try taking one spark plug lead off at atime and running on 5 cylinders to see if you can identify if the noise is coming from one cylinder or not.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
jgcable;1152875 said:
Doesn't sound like rod knock to me. Sounds more like either lifter bucket clatter or bearing clatter.

By bearing clatter, do you perhaps mean rod knock? :dunno:

If not how is bearing clatter any different from rod knock? Sounds like a different name for the same disease...