Ridiculous 1000HP 7M Street MK3 Build

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Yea its always better to start off with a brand new head but ive got a few perfectly good heads laying around so might as well use them. I am confident engine lab reconditioned the head without annealing it. Next time though im just gonna buy a new head if im gonna do this much work to it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
NashMan;1973652 said:
suprasport griddle ????? that's not on there website

I bought it from this seller on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/jza75

There was a supra sport logo on the receipt in the box that it came in but this company is from the Netherlands so they must be a different supra sport.

Here is an old listing of the girdle I bought. Im sure if you message seller he can sell you one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

NashMan;1973652 said:
better answer would have been "because race car"

but you should do the same thing I am doing and coat the chamber and the valves heads and margin the company here says it will not come off the valve still debating on the valve part thou

only reason for this alot of cooling meat has bean removed and makes it harder for the cooling jackets to suck up the head from the guide (Good thing you are getting bronze gudies because at these temps it be like getting you sucked off from girl with braces)

my head is the same way but ported a bit different in the intake

I might ceramic coat the head still. Just gotta find a good company locally.

I don't think taking those guide bosses off is a big deal. I was reluctant to do it at first but a guy on Performance Forums has been porting heads this way for race cars for a long time and not even upgrading to bronze valve guides.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67238015-2JZ-Powered-Soarer-Drag-Car/page3

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Clint;1973745 said:
Good to see an old familiar face, I remember your old yellow car when you bought it and you did a gte swap to it. Best of luck with the build.

Lol, im surprised anyone remembered that. That was more than 10 years ago. Thanks, im hoping to finally build this car the way I've always intended to.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
NegativeGeForce;1973747 said:
Lol, im surprised anyone remembered that. That was more than 10 years ago. Thanks, im hoping to finally build this car the way I've always intended to.

I've been around for since 01 but under different handles. Sometimes I have a good memory lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
NegativeGeForce;1973742 said:
I bought it from this seller on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/jza75

There was a supra sport logo on the receipt in the box that it came in but this company is from the Netherlands so they must be a different supra sport.

Here is an old listing of the girdle I bought. Im sure if you message seller he can sell you one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I might ceramic coat the head still. Just gotta find a good company locally.

I don't think taking those guide bosses off is a big deal. I was reluctant to do it at first but a guy on Performance Forums has been porting heads this way for race cars for a long time and not even upgrading to bronze valve guides.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67238015-2JZ-Powered-Soarer-Drag-Car/page3

It does but mine is the same way any way and it's a true group A head so the coating is just for safty i am going to do it just not sure about the valves them selfs

hummm on the griddle it's kinda thin really and my arp stud kit wonte work studs are to short

you know what it is made out of as in what type of steel cold rolled ect ???

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
NashMan;1974092 said:
It does but mine is the same way any way and it's a true group A head so the coating is just for safty i am going to do it just not sure about the valves them selfs

hummm on the griddle it's kinda thin really and my arp stud kit wonte work studs are to short

you know what it is made out of as in what type of steel cold rolled ect ???

Yep you need 3.9" long arp studs to get the girdle to fit. Not sure what kind of steel it is but its not easy to bend and its very hard.

FYI I cleaned out my inbox.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
7/16 or 3/8

never really scene a place sell 10 mil thick plate

and how over sized are the bolt holes or same size

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Albert;1974119 said:
I don't like the design. I'll be building one for Steven the way Rich did his

it's kinda better then nothing mix it with Titan billet mains it may be ok

like a copy of that in 9/16 or some thing like that and have cap end connecting ( hell make it the shape of the oil pan too if it going to be milled) would be nice but the price of a milling job be pretty pricey since the machine has to go so slow

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
NashMan;1974121 said:
it's kinda better then nothing mix it with Titan billet mains it may be ok but it still seam's pretty thin

like a copy of that in 9/16 or some thing like that and have cap end connecting would be nice but the price of a milling job be pretty pricey since the machine has to go so slow

Have you seen Richs design, it's not that complicated. Aluminum. The radius will fit .0002 under the radius of the billet caps of his choosing.

Funny thing is we talked to Gary with the milbrum dragster, his new 1500whp setup has no girdle.... Just custom pauter rods and custom pistons.

Regardless, I'm taking the simple concept I see here at the shop all the time when we build soft jaws and implementing it into the girdle.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
Albert;1974119 said:
I don't like the design. I'll be building one for Steven the way Rich did his

Ive seen alot of oem girdles designed as a flat plate simular to the girdle by the ebay seller jza75. Im interested in the full girdle if you can design it for pro gram main caps which is what im going to use. Let me know how it turns out.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the ture thick ness and how the bolt holes line up is the only thing I would like to know cause if the plate holes are not good every thing can just move around still

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
NashMan;1974133 said:
the ture thick ness and how the bolt holes line up is the only thing I would like to know cause if the plate holes are not good every thing can just move around still

Girdle fits pretty tight on the studs...almost have to be careful not to damage the studs. Once torqued down it will do a fine job I would say.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Albert;1974122 said:
Have you seen Richs design, it's not that complicated. Aluminum. The radius will fit .0002 under the radius of the billet caps of his choosing.

Funny thing is we talked to Gary with the milbrum dragster, his new 1500whp setup has no girdle.... Just custom pauter rods and custom pistons.

Regardless, I'm taking the simple concept I see here at the shop all the time when we build soft jaws and implementing it into the girdle.

hmmmz so guess that claims that Rich said about milbrum using his crank girdle was all bollocks.