Rich's Garage. Other work being done

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I think I need a new tool box, one of my caster wheels on my roll box is bending from the weight. I looked at some the Mac guy has and about fell over when I seen the prices. Holy crap man, I see some new cars that cost less.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Hey Nick. I still have that block in the same foot locker you sent it to me in. We are saving that block for when we run out of re-builds on the block we have in the Malta dragster. Your block was a 91-92 heavy block we always like to use and yours was still std bore. So someday here it will find its way into the Malta dragster.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
One of my arcade games is acting up. I am needing to get inside of it and try and fiqure whats going on with that early 80's electronics. Not looking forward to this.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
suprarich;1735415 said:
One of my arcade games is acting up. I am needing to get inside of it and try and fiqure whats going on with that early 80's electronics. Not looking forward to this.

ONE of your arcade games??? How many do you have?:biglaugh:

I had a friend who had one of the original Taito Space Invader table units back in the day... (high school when living in Japan) and I remember watching with several others as he FLIPPED the machine score (well... MAXED it out!) and the machine would just LOCK UP at 99999999 (can't remember actual limit...).

I've found you can get MOST of those OLD (Activision/Atari/Taito/Namco/Midway, etc...) games on Nintendo GB/DS or other emulators anymore... even PC, but it's JUST NOT the same as the actual play action of the original stand-up and table machines!

G/L with your trouble-shooting, Rich!

-crisp

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
suprarich;1723835 said:
Look what the Mac tool guy brought to me. Needed some new bling in the garage.

p1736158_1.jpg

What are these?????

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
stevenr816;1736158 said:
What are these?????

Torque wrenches. You have seen the repair manual say to tighten a bolt to 29 lb/ft? The smaller one tells him that. Provided it isn't inches. The larger one is for larger bolts with more torque.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^No he wasn't. ;)

How did the arcade machine maintenance turn out? I've always wanted to setup my old 32" Sony flatscreen (CRT) and Xbox loaded with emulators into a standup cabinet...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Albert;1738375 said:
yeah Steven, good luck on the 1500hp 7m if you dont know what torque wrenchs are =]

No torque wrenches on supra project = 150hp daily driver with bhg:biglaugh:

-crisp

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
stevenr816;1738311 said:
I was definitely kidding lol

In the world of automotive forums, I can't take things at anything other than face value. Otherwise, you just assume they mean something else, only to find out later they didn't...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
suprarich;1725005 said:
I think I need a new tool box, one of my caster wheels on my roll box is bending from the weight. I looked at some the Mac guy has and about fell over when I seen the prices. Holy crap man, I see some new cars that cost less.

I like craigslist for this sort of thing. Unless you want to be a baller and get a new one.
When i upgrade my tool box soon im just going to find some guy thats short of cash on craigslist and looking to get rid of his new tool box.

Out here anyways there is a ton of people selling like new boxes for about half the msrp.

Same with carts. Just an idea.

Edit some dude selling a big matco box filled with tools for 3k right now. Old jag tech retiring.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Matco pretty much owns my brother, but I gotta say, he has a nice tool box. :)

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
crisp;1735455 said:
ONE of your arcade games??? How many do you have?:biglaugh:

I had a friend who had one of the original Taito Space Invader table units back in the day... (high school when living in Japan) and I remember watching with several others as he FLIPPED the machine score (well... MAXED it out!) and the machine would just LOCK UP at 99999999 (can't remember actual limit...).

I've found you can get MOST of those OLD (Activision/Atari/Taito/Namco/Midway, etc...) games on Nintendo GB/DS or other emulators anymore... even PC, but it's JUST NOT the same as the actual play action of the original stand-up and table machines!

G/L with your trouble-shooting, Rich!

-crisp

I have 3 or 4. All 80's vintage. Armor Attack, Star Castle, Bosconian. They need work more than any supra I have owned. Working on the bosconian now, needs a new flyback and keeps getting stuck in test mode. The can be a night mare to work on. I will post some pics.

te72;1738359 said:
^No he wasn't. ;)

How did the arcade machine maintenance turn out? I've always wanted to setup my old 32" Sony flatscreen (CRT) and Xbox loaded with emulators into a standup cabinet...

You can buy what is called a "multicade" It is a new stand up arcade game with 60, 100, 150, 200 ect,, of the most popular arcade games ever made all in one unit. A multicade board can be installed into any old cabinet also. I don't really like them because I am a purist and would rather have 20 original vintage working games than one game with 20 games on it. Call me old fashioned.

hvyman;1738632 said:
I like craigslist for this sort of thing. Unless you want to be a baller and get a new one.
When i upgrade my tool box soon im just going to find some guy thats short of cash on craigslist and looking to get rid of his new tool box.

Out here anyways there is a ton of people selling like new boxes for about half the msrp.

Same with carts. Just an idea.

Edit some dude selling a big matco box filled with tools for 3k right now. Old jag tech retiring.

Been watching my craigslist, no real luck here. Just need a box, no tools. Looked at one with a cd player and a built in fridge. Too funny.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarich;1739025 said:
You can buy what is called a "multicade" It is a new stand up arcade game with 60, 100, 150, 200 ect,, of the most popular arcade games ever made all in one unit. A multicade board can be installed into any old cabinet also. I don't really like them because I am a purist and would rather have 20 original vintage working games than one game with 20 games on it. Call me old fashioned.

Been watching my craigslist, no real luck here. Just need a box, no tools. Looked at one with a cd player and a built in fridge. Too funny.

I hear ya man, and as much as I agree, space is really the issue with that on my end. Could build my own cabinet easily enough, I already have all the games I could ever want on the Xbox (slightly modded), the tough part (not especially) would be building the cabinet to withstand the weight of the tv. Thing weighs ~180lbs... Someday. :)

And hey, can't work on a car without music and beer, so that tool box is brilliant!

mibrum

Mibrum Racing Team
7M lovers to have the best parts and best motor one shop stop SIP Racing...look at me 6.98sec@196mph on Turbo only no nitrus and working on VP Import racing fuel......

Thanks Rich for making my goals achieved still more to come.....

Gary